(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i'm not too great with heights! :sad2: So i'll have to get myself some courage. ;) Okay, that'll be great! :teeth:

Ohhhhhh no! Hahahaaa bless her, young children are always one step away from giving us a near heart attack! :lmao: I'm always running around after my young cousins.. they sure do have a mind of their own! :eek: :lmao:

She's 4 and has already given us all numerous near heart attacks! :lmao: Her favorite ride last August was Test Track...with arms held high above her head and yelling "wheeeeeee" the entire time! :rotfl2: Please let us know how your trip goes and if your Mum "survived"/maybe enjoyed the DSA's! :rotfl: :tink:

Perhaps you could photograph some of the DSA's around the parks so we see where the newer ones are located?

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood moderator...

This FAQ thread is only for the discussion of DSA's. Any off-topic posts will be deleted. These threads get pretty long as it is, without discussion of resorts or theme parks or general Disney trip-planning stuff. :)

Thanks!

Lynne

She's 4 and has already given us all numerous near heart attacks! :lmao: Her favorite ride last August was Test Track...with arms held high above her head and yelling "wheeeeeee" the entire time! :rotfl2: Please let us know how your trip goes and if your Mum "survived"/maybe enjoyed the DSA's! :rotfl: :tink:

Perhaps you could photograph some of the DSA's around the parks so we see where the newer ones are located?

Oh dear! :lmao: bless her heart.

& i sure will! I'm sure she'll be fine.. she'll get over it, but i'm hoping she won't have to have a cigarette as much as we'll be so busy. ;)

My Dad will more than likely take photo's of the DSA's, i'm sure he did when i went last time just because he thought it was 'hilarious'. :rolleyes:

I remember my parents saying just clean the DSA's are in the parks aswell! Do the cigarette bins (whatever they're called) get cleaned out alot at the Hotels too?

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood moderator...

This FAQ thread is only for the discussion of DSA's. Any off-topic posts will be deleted. These threads get pretty long as it is, without discussion of resorts or theme parks or general Disney trip-planning stuff. :)

Thanks!

Lynne

Woops, sorry Lynne! x

I remember my parents saying just clean the DSA's are in the parks aswell! Do the cigarette bins (whatever they're called) get cleaned out alot at the Hotels too?

Yes...never saw one "overflowing". :tink:

Does anyone know the official policy for using electronic cigarettes at Disney resorts? I asked at HH last week and was told I couldn't use e-cigarettes anywhere except designated smoking areas. Several other guests told me they were using them on their balconies with no problem.

Does anyone know the official policy for using electronic cigarettes at Disney resorts? I asked at HH last week and was told I couldn't use e-cigarettes anywhere except designated smoking areas. Several other guests told me they were using them on their balconies with no problem.

I'm not sure what HH is? There is no issue with using them in your resort room. Even if they had a policy against using them in your room, it would be unenforcable as there is no way to tell it's being used. I've read some posts on other boards of people using them openly around the parks without issue too. If you're concerned about it, just be discrete. Don't blow out plumes of vapor and you'll be fine.

I've been using mine for 7 months and personally can't wait to kickback in my AKL room relaxing with it rather than having to trot off to a remote DSA at the resort.:goodvibes

Sorry....HH is the DVC resort at Hilton Head. When I asked, the lady at the front desk said "Uncle Walt" was always watching and not to try using e-cigarettes in the villa or on the balcony. She apologized, said she also was a smoker, and added that she didn't agree with the policy.

I MAY just MAY be staying at AKL next year and wondered where/what DSA's are like there !! I know there is one somewhere near the pool near Boma as I have used that!!

I plan to shoot off an email asking about Disney's policy on E-cigs. I will be super PO'd if they were to say that they are banned except in DSAs. If that is the policy than I would say that the entire ban is based on the smoking act itself and not just the 2nd hand smoke which would be an infringement on one's rights. E-cigs do not emit 2nd hand smoke; only a clear vapor.

That being said, I would not myself or would I recommend anyone else walk around a park "smoking" an e-cig just because it would be difficult for a CM or a guest from afar to be able to tell it was an e-cig and that could cause problems. But...."smoking" an e-cig in your resort room or on your balcony or away from others should be permitted. I believe commonsense should be used.

Just my opinion but I will post my reply from Disney.

Sorry....HH is the DVC resort at Hilton Head. When I asked, the lady at the front desk said "Uncle Walt" was always watching and not to try using e-cigarettes in the villa or on the balcony. She apologized, said she also was a smoker, and added that she didn't agree with the policy.

Unless "Uncle Walt" has a concealed camera in your room, once again it's unenforcable.

I plan to shoot off an email asking about Disney's policy on E-cigs. I will be super PO'd if they were to say that they are banned except in DSAs. If that is the policy than I would say that the entire ban is based on the smoking act itself and not just the 2nd hand smoke which would be an infringement on one's rights. E-cigs do not emit 2nd hand smoke; only a clear vapor.

That being said, I would not myself or would I recommend anyone else walk around a park "smoking" an e-cig just because it would be difficult for a CM or a guest from afar to be able to tell it was an e-cig and that could cause problems. But...."smoking" an e-cig in your resort room or on your balcony or away from others should be permitted. I believe commonsense should be used.

I'm not big into public displays of mine either, so I will be stealth vaping around the park for sure. I'll save the big plumes for bathroom breaks and my resort room.:goodvibes Please do post back after you get a reply from Disney. I'm curious on their stance.

I couldn't agree with you more!!

even tho we quit smoking, and have never used an E-cig, there is no reason why it should bother anyone!

My favorite DSA is Sosa cigar bar in DTD. Will be their the night of 10/16/11:cool1:

I meant to say that my best DSA area is Fuego by Sosa Cigars. Small place but great service and nice people. Have spent many nights their the past years. I invite any DVC members to meet me their while i am in town during vacation for a nice smoke.

I was just wondering how many actually have gotten near a smoking area when you make a request for it ? What is the best building to request to be near a smoking area and close to the food court ?

I was just wondering how many actually have gotten near a smoking area when you make a request for it ? What is the best building to request to be near a smoking area and close to the food court ?

We stayed at POFQ last year and are going back again this year. I didn't consider DSA's when requesting a room and simply put in a request for a building but there was no shortage of DSAs there. It is such a small resort. There are two near the foodcourt/gift shop, one at the pool and several around the gardens between the buildings. I don't really think you can go wrong with a building request. If you really want to be near to a DSA it may just be easier to ask for a nearby room at check in, assuming you are not checking in online.

I can't say for POFQ, but I have asked every time at other resorts. One time they didn't have anything "close" at the time of my checking in. I offered to wait for a room and they told me it would be a few hours. The way I saw it, I would rather wait a few hours at the beginning of my trip than be far from a DSA for the entire week. It worked out great. :thumbsup2
I was not pushy or cranky about the process. I think that helps too. :)

Anyone have any information on where we should request at AKL to be near the smoking area. I know they only have like 3 DSA. Has anyone requested a room near a DSA and gotten it here ?

Anyone have any information on where we should request at AKL to be near the smoking area. I know they only have like 3 DSA. Has anyone requested a room near a DSA and gotten it here ?

AKL is our favorite hotel - that being said - it is probably one of the least DSA friendly hotels.

There are only 2 DSA's @ Jambo House. one on the way to the bus stop and the 2nd is out behind the pool outside of the fitness room ( funny sitting there having a cig watching everyone on the treadmill).

There are no rooms close to DSA's. Everything is a walk at this hotel. The best I think you can do would be to request a room near the elevator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter