(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 14 years as smokers DH and I finally quit 3 months ago! Our June trip will be my first EVER to WDW as a non-smoker.. I feel like Im gonna miss those breaks in the shady corners of the parks on long hot days and in the resorts late at night. Ive met some really wonderful people chatting in the smoking sections! Ill miss you all! =) Hey at least its one less thing to carry around the parks!

I feel like I'm gonna miss those breaks in the shady corners of the parks on long hot days and in the resorts late at night. Ive met some really wonderful people chatting in the smoking sections! !

Isn't it the truth! I still smoke, but I know if I quit I would definitely miss the opportunity to stop, sit a while, and chat with people from all over the world. :goodvibes

After 14 years as smokers DH and I finally quit 3 months ago! Our June trip will be my first EVER to WDW as a non-smoker.. I feel like Im gonna miss those breaks in the shady corners of the parks on long hot days and in the resorts late at night. Ive met some really wonderful people chatting in the smoking sections! Ill miss you all! =) Hey at least its one less thing to carry around the parks!

Isn't it the truth! I still smoke, but I know if I quit I would definitely miss the opportunity to stop, sit a while, and chat with people from all over the world. :goodvibes

Good for you for quiting and for voicing the positive sideofthe DSAs !! I too have had some wonderful chats at them!!!:thumbsup2

Looking at the resort maps with DSA's and it looks like at Poly there is a smoking area in Tuvalu 3rd floor and Fiji and Aotearoa 2nd floor. Is that correct? Would any of you folks with better (and younger) eyes than mine please look at the maps shown on the link on these pages and see what you think? TIA

I think those are gone. Admittedly, these maps are the ones from when the smoking policy was first changed; if anybody has any recent resort maps, with updated DSAs, I bet the Moderators would appreciate copies... ;)

There is also a smoking area near the quiet pool facing the Hawaii building and another near what used to be Tangaroa Terrace.

There is also a smoking area near the quiet pool facing the Hawaii building and another near what used to be Tangaroa Terrace.

In Sept. '08, we stayed in the Tokelau building and my favorite spot was the one by Tangaroa Terrace. However (!) ... it's also one of those DSA's along a much used path. Guests walking from the GCH to the TTC quite often followed that path. It was a "much used" DSA and with our room being on the 1st floor; 2nd room from entrance, it was VERY convenient. During "busy" times or when I wanted to talk privately on my phone (we'd left Houston the day before Hurricane Ike hit the area and I had lots of friends and relatives to "check on" ... including (for 3 days) my HUSBAND who had to stay behind as a member of our city/county's emergency management team!), I'd use the DSA located to the left of the entrance to Tokelau between Rapa Nui and Tahiti. Much quieter and a lot more private.

Can anyone tell me what building you should request to be close to a DSA @ CBR?

CAn't help with that but I have just been adding As Close to DSA as possible on my request and they have all been either very close or at an Elevator to get right to one. DW needs this and I figure they if they want people to stop smoking in non-DSA spots they will make it easier for them to get to .

Can anyone tell me what building you should request to be close to a DSA @ CBR?

I have just had it in my request to be at ground floor near a DSA. CBR has MANY DSA's. They are everywhere! Just look before you leave check in and if it's not close enough ask to be moved. Almost all the courtyards are a DSA. I really don't think you will be far from one no matter where you are though. :thumbsup2

Last year I ended up on the upper floor, but CBR is only 2 stories, so it was not a big deal at all to get to the DSA. While I have only "stayed" at the values (3 times) and at CBR (2 times) I have visited many of the resorts. CBR has been by far the most smoker friendly.

Great to hear! Our first time at CBR and this is a deal breaker with DH.
In my opinion you won't be dissapointed with CBR. Both as a smoker and just as a great resort. It has become my favorite for both reasons. In fact I had booked our next trip at one of the All Stars, but changed it to CBR because I just couldn't stand going to Disney and not being at CBR. :lovestruc

I wish I would have read this earlier as I just threw away my resort map for Poly as we were there last week. I ripped it--sorry! Anyway, I want to mention that we stayed in Rarotonga (sp) and the DSA we used was not on the map as a DSA. I had asked our bellman who rode us over in the cart where the closest DSA was to where we were, he said right on the 2nd floor! It was in the 2nd floor walkway between Rarotonga and Nuie? Not 100% sure that is the building it connects to without seeing the map. There are two nice size round tables along with 4 chairs to each table, and 2 large standup ashtrays. I have a feeling that there may be other DSA's that are not on the maps.

We just got an e-ciggy last week. My DH has been a smoker for over 40 yrs (he started smoking as a child!) anyway--he is amazed at the success he is having so far. He has been 1 1/2 to 2 pk a day smoker for about the past 5 yrs, previously a 3 packer and even non-filters prior to that. He has only smoked approx 5 cigs a day all week and he is totally normal! LOL I just ordered some flavored cartridges for me to try and if I like the taste, I am going to order as well. I hope it truly helps us stop smoking--then I won't have to worry about where the DSA's are. Anywayyyyy, having just returned from BC/Poly, I want to add as well that I was in room 1524 at BC, and it was about perfect for someone wanting to be close to a DSA. We were approx 3 rooms down from the door leading out to the DSA, and another 5 steps from the quiet pool! I would like the location even if I didn't need the DSA. 1527 would be even nicer! Their patio faced the pool and all they had to do was come out of there door, take 2 steps to the left and be in the DSA. I imagine though that would be a water view room. It had a nice bench and foliage. BC seemed to me to be pretty smoker friendly.:wizard:

We just got an e-ciggy last week. My DH has been a smoker for over 40 yrs (he started smoking as a child!) anyway--he is amazed at the success he is having so far. He has been 1 1/2 to 2 pk a day smoker for about the past 5 yrs, previously a 3 packer and even non-filters prior to that. He has only smoked approx 5 cigs a day all week and he is totally normal! LOL I just ordered some flavored cartridges for me to try and if I like the taste, I am going to order as well. I hope it truly helps us stop smoking--then I won't have to worry about where the DSA's are. Anywayyyyy, having just returned from BC/Poly, I want to add as well that I was in room 1524 at BC, and it was about perfect for someone wanting to be close to a DSA. We were approx 3 rooms down from the door leading out to the DSA, and another 5 steps from the quiet pool! I would like the location even if I didn't need the DSA. 1527 would be even nicer! Their patio faced the pool and all they had to do was come out of there door, take 2 steps to the left and be in the DSA. I imagine though that would be a water view room. It had a nice bench and foliage. BC seemed to me to be pretty smoker friendly.:wizard:

Aren't they awesome:thumbsup2. I normally smoke close to a pack a day and have been smoking since I was 13, I am 35 now:eek:. Since I got mine I'm down to 2 - 3 real cigs a day:banana:. I ordered some of the flavored juices to refill my carts with and I like them much better than the plain old tabacco flavor. I've even started making my own flavored juices. You can order flavorless nicotine juice and then flavor it up with basically any candy flavorings you would find at baking/craft stores as long as they don't contain oil in the ingredients. It's an awesome little gadget!

Tina

:smokin:I did a search and looked back as far as pg. 60 and couldn't find an answer to my question.
We are staying at Boardwalk Inn and our party has 3 smokers. If one of them should run out of cigarettes:eek: is there anywhere on property to buy them? Thanks!

:smokin:I did a search and looked back as far as pg. 60 and couldn't find an answer to my question.
We are staying at Boardwalk Inn and our party has 3 smokers. If one of them should run out of cigarettes:eek: is there anywhere on property to buy them? Thanks!

They have them behind the counter in the small gift shop off the lobby but they are very expensive.

AKL - Are you still allowed to smoke at the tables by the pool bar?? We were able to last year but just checking for this year - seems to have been a lot of changes

Thanks

Leaving in 8 days :cool1::banana::dance3::cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter