• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh! I see you are not staying at AKl anyway! you were just posting a question about a previous post. silly me.
I think your daughter will be happy at CBR, the courtyard with the DSAs are plentiful, and very cozy!
we stayed at CBR on our" reward for quitting smoking trip" and were wishing we could use them!!!!:rotfl:

Mary, I hate to burst your bubble but, in MY opinion, it IS a long hike to the DSA at AKL.
there is one behind the pool and one in front of the lobby. It wouldn't be too bad if you are on a lower floor, or near an elevator. but the hallways are VERY l o n g! you could have a long hike to an elevator, and then again a bit of a walk outside .
now this might not be a big deal to some smokers (it wasn't to me, I didn't smoke that much before we quit) but hubby, like your daughter, was a chain smoker and he didn't like it.

of course this is a problem at other deluxe resorts, too. boardwalk has long hallways and long walks to the elevator. beach club villas wasn't so bad, there was a dsa right by the villas quiet pool. the moderates are the best. CBR has DSAs in lots of courtyards. CSR is pretty smoker friendly.
I am happy now that we quit, and this isn't an issue for us anymore, but I just don't want you going in without the info you want (which is what this thread is for!:grouphug:)

Thanks for this information I'm glad you told me what to expect :thumbsup2 It may be a problem then because she smokes like every hour and sometimes every half hour.

oh! I see you are not staying at AKl anyway! you were just posting a question about a previous post. silly me.
I think your daughter will be happy at CBR, the courtyard with the DSAs are plentiful, and very cozy!
we stayed at CBR on our" reward for quitting smoking trip" and were wishing we could use them!!!!:rotfl:

Thanks yes we are booked for CBR but I would really like to stay at AKL and was thinking about switching :)

I'm not saying don't switch. maybe it would be good for her!;) hubby didn't like it, but he dealt with it.

first time we ever stayed at AKL, we had a smoking room!

Yes to bad they dont have smoking buildings. We may just stay with CBR and go have dinner at Boma and check the resort out. Then again unless I get the AKL fever again :rotfl:

Any cigar bars in the area? I may only smoke 1 or 2 while vacationing, but I do love it when I can.

Downtown Disney. Sosa Cigars has two locations. one is a cigar store where they have workers hand rolling cigars on the weekends in the store. The second location is a nice bar with indoor and outdoor seating. Will be visiting disney June 10th to the 20th. can not wait to spark one up....

Downtown Disney. Sosa Cigars has two locations. one is a cigar store where they have workers hand rolling cigars on the weekends in the store. The second location is a nice bar with indoor and outdoor seating. Will be visiting disney June 10th to the 20th. can not wait to spark one up....

Thanks for this info. It sounds perfect.

I have seen 2 different maps for the DSA's at AKL Jambo pool area. One shows a DSA by the fitness center area and the other map shows the DSA on the other side behind the pool bar. Which one is up to date ?

I have seen 2 different maps for the DSA's at AKL Jambo pool area. One shows a DSA by the fitness center area and the other map shows the DSA on the other side behind the pool bar. Which one is up to date ?

As of March the only one by the pool area was by the fitness center. :tink: Sorry...just noticed you were asking about AKL; we were at Kidani Village! Guess it's time for me to go to bed! :lmao:

The DSA at Jambo is in front of the fitness center and just behind the pool. Several years ago there also was a DSA by the pool bar, but it no longer exists. You must be looking at an old map if it still shows a DSA there.

:mad::mad:Just returned from Pop - ahhhhh!!! Missing DSAs!!! Was pretty upset about it, I must say. Paid MORE for a preferred pool view room in 60's.... because I LOVE how there is smoking at the tables at the bar.
used to be also at the exit of the main building... but I noticed in November they moved that to near the ping pong table.

Well... they are all gone now! No smoking near the bar, none near the ping pong table.

Now there is 2 benches across from Goofy's splash jets... yep.
and was always pretty CROWDED and no room there.

We love being right by the pool at 60's.... have the bar at night, kids play ping pong and can sit and have a smoke.
Even before heading out to the bus in the a.m.... nice to have a spot on the way to smoke... but nope, gotta go all the way to Goofy's now.

There was a sign posted... sorry for the inconvenience. Well, I did find it inconvenient... especially since I paid MORE for a room in that area because of the DSA's, only to then discover they were gone.

I did go up front and voiced my concerns nicely... I know people always complain about the DSAs (nonsmokers), so said I will be the voice of the smokers who are sitting on those two benches with many standing around all crowded and complaining about the lack of DSAs now. doubtful they'll do anything, but wanted to nicely let them know yes, it is an inconvenience and really needs to be something by the back of the building at least.

We checked in on June 26th.... was told this was new, only a few days ago this change occured. Heard one story people complained about people leaving their butts everywhere in the bar area?

And gotta say, at night we always have had a tough time finding a table near the bar.... not this trip, could see tables empty - as duh, no smokers to sit there! Wonder if it's affecting the bar sales w/o the smokers there?

as for AOA... didn't notice smoking at that bar area also from a quick glance... but at least they have one along the back of the main building which seemed nice.

Just really stunk... grabbing my drink from bar... walking back to stupid Goofy's area....sloshing my drink in my cup while I walk... and no table to put drnik on. Like to sit, smoke, drink, check my facebook, lol, and emails.

I willbe adding my voice to the inconvenience of taking away more DSA's at Pop in October !!! The Non Smokers are very vocal and our only hope is to be just as vocal !! I will sorely miss the one by the main entrance and the one at the Bar Tables !!!!

I am traveling with my sister who smokes and I would like this vacation to be amazing for her!! It is her first trip to Disney in 22 years!! (might as well be her first). I have gone over the park maps with great care and made note of all the DSA's for her convenience. My question is where are the DSA's at All Star Music? I looked at some maps there and didnt see any. I was wondering if anyone knows where they are? I would really appreciate it :)

we haven't stayed at Music since July, 2 years ago.

at the time, there was a DSA between the calyopso pool and the food court ( a couple benches, think there were umbrellas over them.) there were a couple benches at the end of the Jazz sectin, near the piano pool. there was a DSA in the country Inn section. it wactually was a picninc table.

even tho it wasn't on the map, both this time and the time before, there was a DSA on a bench in the little "city garden" fenced in area in the broadway section. there was NO DSA in the Rock section, so tell themat check in you wo NOT want to be there.

Thinking of changing resorts again :crazy2: only if a room discount comes out. Is there any smoking areas around Samoa at the Polynesian ? We were there last year and I dont remember seeing any but the map shows one ?

Thinking of changing resorts again :crazy2: only if a room discount comes out. Is there any smoking areas around Samoa at the Polynesian ? We were there last year and I dont remember seeing any but the map shows one ?

Unless they have moved it, Samoa has a covered area on the second floor stairway area with tables and a smoke can. There is also an area by the quiet pool on the side of the men's restroom. A little farther, but not too far, is a spot on the second floor deck area between Rarotonga and Niue. On that deck is a table, chairs and smoke can. There are (or were) many others throughout the property, both covered and uncovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter