• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a map for POP that includes the DSA's? I have been looking for a while with no luck..

Yes. There's a different sticky thread here, within a few threads of this one, with .pdf maps of all the resorts WITH the designated smoking areas. While some have changed, Pop's is accurate.

Pop is awesome for smokers !!! There is a large one right by the lobby entrance coming from the pool, several along hourglas lake pathway and at least one other is between 50's and classic hall and several tables near the pool by petals bar !!

Yes. There's a different sticky thread here, within a few threads of this one, with .pdf maps of all the resorts WITH the designated smoking areas. While some have changed, Pop's is accurate.

gonna start digging, thanks for the pointer!!

EDIT -- Found it!!! and wow.. POP seems to be a smokers paradise..

Pop is great for Smokers !!!:banana:

I have to agree with this! My two favorite resorts..Pop and CBR are both great for smokers.
We were in the 60's lakeside and it was not only a great location overall, the path around the lake was practically right outside the door.

I have to agree with this! My two favorite resorts..Pop and CBR are both great for smokers.
We were in the 60's lakeside and it was not only a great location overall, the path around the lake was practically right outside the door.
I disagree about CBR. I've stayed there 3 times - 1st time a long time ago, when you smoked IN the rooms, and then in 2006 when you had to smoke outside your room - no other requirement, and no DSA yet, and then last year, when I NEVER even found Trinidad North's DSA! Never! AND, I looked! I smoked outside my room tho, and was never told not to. I was Very courteous, I hope. :confused3

:smokin: First visit to BLT in August. Family vacation with DH/DD, son-in-law, 4 & 7 yr. old granddaughters and my "baby DD; all of us in a 2 bedroom unit. KNOW I will need "alone time" :eek:. Any ideas where DSA's are located? :tink:

:smokin: First visit to BLT in August. Family vacation with DH/DD, son-in-law, 4 & 7 yr. old granddaughters and my "baby DD; all of us in a 2 bedroom unit. KNOW I will need "alone time" :eek:. Any ideas where DSA's are located? :tink:

I can tell you where two of them are. :) If you go outside by the pool the DSA is right by the jacuzzi. There is another one towards the entrances to the main "lobby" section to the right I think - they have benches there. If you look at a map of BLT it is right inside the crescent. Have a good trip! :)

I can tell you where two of them are. :) If you go outside by the pool the DSA is right by the jacuzzi. There is another one towards the entrances to the main "lobby" section to the right I think - they have benches there. If you look at a map of BLT it is right inside the crescent. Have a good trip! :)

Thanks - sounds "managable" :thumbsup2. Looking forward to our first visit to BLT. Will have a lot of exploring to do!:tink:

I'm sure this question has probably already been answered within this thread but we are looking to book Wilderness Lodge shortly and I'm not sure what the best room for DH is going to be
I want a woods view and balcony and DH needs to have a nearby designated smoking area.
We checked out the restort on our last trip and loved the smoking area behing the Trout Pass Bar but I think there is only one other DSA at WL :confused3
Thanks all your help and advice is wonderful

due to the nature of deluxe resorts, they are not very smoker friendly. (interior corridors9 you have to walk down a long hallway, then down an elevator, then through a lobby, to get outside)
the longhouses at poly would be beter. when we stayed at boardwalk BVilla, we wer on the first floor. while we sould have preferred a blacony, it was a very short walk for us to the quiet pool or main pool, each had a DSA. 2nd floor would have been idel, since,to us, walking down one flight of stairs is no biggie.
I would request a lower floor so you could use the stiars, I noticed at WL when we stayed there (there were still smoking rooms at that time) there was a stairwell with an exit door, but you could not get back in.
unfortunately, at the deluxes, it is usually a "project" to get to a DSA. (unlike, say at CBR, or POR, where you just walk a bit to the stairsace and VIOLA! your'e almost there)

I'm sure this question has probably already been answered within this thread but we are looking to book Wilderness Lodge shortly and I'm not sure what the best room for DH is going to be
I want a woods view and balcony and DH needs to have a nearby designated smoking area.
We checked out the restort on our last trip and loved the smoking area behing the Trout Pass Bar but I think there is only one other DSA at WL :confused3
Thanks all your help and advice is wonderful

My favorite DSA is to the right of the exit toward the bus stop. Do like the one behind the Bar also. I'm afraid staying in the main area is not "smoker friendly". Best bet would be to ask for a room close to the elevators and be prepared for a "journey" each time. Have you considered the WLV? Could you rent points from a DVC member? Last trip DD and her family stayed in the Lodge and let "the Moms" (we're both smokers") stay at the Villas with their points. Upon check-in, I requested a room close to a DSA and received a great location. :banana::tink: Close to both DSA's at the Villas!

due to the nature of deluxe resorts, they are not very smoker friendly.
Seems 'snobby' to me :snooty: Deluxe people don't smoke? I know that's not true, just from reading this thread. Is Disney classifying all smokers as value or mod? :confused3 :sad2: I know YOU can't answer that question - just seems like a 'Disney-snotty-thing' to do. :rolleyes:

no, no! by the "nature" of deluxe resorts, I meant.. the layout! sorry, should have been clearer. meaning, tall buildings, with many floors, interior corridors, elevators. (although I do believe I specified that in the "parenthetical aside" right after).
hubby and I are both smokers. we have stayed at all 3 levels. our preference is the moderate resorts. (maybe because we are smokers, and it IS easier and quicker to get to the DSA), but I really think if (when) we quit, we STILL like the mods. we like to open our door and be outside. we find the long indoor hallways a mite depressing. hubby is an early riser, and he likes to walk outside, and a few steps one way or the other, there is a totally dif.l view!
we stayed once at AKL and once at WL, but both times, we had smoking rooms. Dolphin twice.. smoking rooms.
we have only stayed in a deluxe one time since the new rule. Boardwalk villas. and, as I stated, we were on the first floor. just a short walk in either direction to a DSA right outside the door. (but I really wanted a balcony, not a patio. but the better the balcony view, the farther away from a DSA!)
we would love to try AKL again, but I'm not sure how that would work for us. It was a very long walk from our room to the elevator, than a wait for the elevator, then a long walk through the lobby to get outside. ( a lot of hassle for a cig!)
actually, we were at POP last year, on the 4th floor, and it was a hassle too. because 4 flights of stairs is a bit much, or again, a wait for an elevator.
2nd story at a value or moderate is great, cause(for us) one flight of stairs is no big deal)

due to the nature of deluxe resorts, they are not very smoker friendly. (interior corridors9 you have to walk down a long hallway, then down an elevator, then through a lobby, to get outside)

see, I copied and pasted my sentance, this time bolding my explanation of the word "nature". I should have said Layout.

There is a DSA out of the south side exit at the WL behind the arcade, as well as behind the trout pass and bus stop .
I agree, the VWL does have 2 convenient smoking locations, they seem to be willing to accommodate smokers if you put it on your room request.

Not to offend any smokers, but I can not stand the smell of cigarette smoke.

If we stay at POFQ, are there designated smoking areas ?

Which buildings and views are best to avoid smokers ?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter