• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! Maybe that's the money your neighbor was fined!

:lmao:

that would be awesome.

But I got the spill of: how they would have to be caught red-handed, could have been in any room due to the duct work, blah blah EVEN after the smoke was rolling between the adjoining doors. I suspect nothing was done after that comment.

Just for future reference, in July of 09' my family stayed in the Wilderness Resort cabins. These cabins all have decks in which you may smoke on. At the time, we asked the cast member who checked us in if this was appropriate, and she said it was not a problem. So if you're looking for a great place to stay where you can just walk outside and have a smoke, or (even better) have your first coffee in the moring, have a smoke and watch the animals, the Wilderness Resort Cabins are great!

Sure this has been discussed but the last time we went I remember having to request a non-smoking room. Are there still smoking vs non-smoking rooms or are they all non-smoking now?

All rooms and non-smoking with a penalty charged if they detect smoking in the room.

And there are designated smoking areas at each resort. See the thread with links to maps at the top of this forum.

Glad to know this is now the case. DD has terrible allergies and always ends up with nosebleeds when she is around cig. smoke. Thanks for the quick replies.

1) All rooms at WDW are allegedly smoke-free.
2) Yes, they are *supposed* to charge a cleaning fee if someone smoked.
3) But, the fee seldom happens.

NOTE: It s permissible to smoke on the balcony. So, every now and then, you can get cigarette or cigar smoke wafting into your room. Once in the room, it seldom goes away soon.

be sure and tell the front desk -

yes the rooms are non-smoking - but they placed the smokers outside near the entrance for each and every building

this is especially a problem at OKW and SSR. smokers walk - so just because they are staying in their place - does not mean you won't be bothered.

in fact been bothered a heck of a lot more now - than when they had smokers rooms. then you just didn't get near certain building and you were fine.

now with smokers access all over the resorts - they are much, much harder to avoid.

1)
NOTE: It s permissible to smoke on the balcony. So, every now and then, you can get cigarette or cigar smoke wafting into your room. Once in the room, it seldom goes away soon.

I believe you are suppose to only smoke in the smoking area not on the balconies.

Alright everybody - The resort board mods are willing to give this a try. This is the thread to discuss the designated smoking areas at the resorts for the resorts board.

Here are the basic guidelines!

1. No fighting, name calling or debate on the merits of smoking.

2. No flaming anyone - including but not limited to smokers.

3. Any post deemed off topic or in anyway against the posting guidelines will be deleted without comment and the poster will received an infraction.

4. Any other thread started on the resort board for the "smoking" topic will either be merged into this thread or closed with a note to see this thread.

Please abide by these guidelines - and everyone can get the info they need.

If this does not work we will once again ban this topic from the resort board.

Per # 4 on the above.. this smoking thread has been merged with the correct and only smoking thread permitted on resorts.

Per # 1 on the above .. Debates on this topic are irrelevant here. If you have an issue, write Disney. Fighting on the internet won't change anything.

Thank you.

Knox

I'm confused.

My thread was closed because the moderator referred "us" to here. So instead of starting a new thread, I posted the reply I got back from Disney.

So where can we discuss smoking issues?

We can DISCUSS the designated smoking areas right here. We can't DEBATE smoking - at Disney, or in general.

It's to keep the thread from getting nasty and being closed. It's like a virtual DSA for us smokers ;)

Any changes to smoking rules in DTD. Was their last Oct. and have not seen anything. I do most of my smoking in that area vs. at the parks. We stay at OKW and i do sit on bench out front with my cigars or go down to the bar area. Pretty easy to follow the rules. On our last visit we had family that are very heavy smokers and said following the maps at the parks or resorts was very easy to do and had no issues.

Well, it seems Disney has reduced the number of DSAs in the parks. Pay very close attention to the maps, look for trash cans with ashtrays in the top, or ask a CM.

Remember my post about a smoker in the room next door to me at Port Orleans and I was going to contact WDW about how the situation was handled?

I received a phone call and I would be getting a refund of $460! :goodvibes

I heard incorrectly. We only received a refund of $160.

I was thinking wow Disney sure is being generous. LOL

Y'know, that actually makes sense - $160 is about the cost of one night's stay, isn't it? $460 would have been a LOT nicer, but any refund is good!

I read a bit further back someone mentioned you can smoke on balconies. that is incorrect, right?

I dont want to get in trouble when we are there.

We are staying at BCV, SSR and AKV.

I hear AKV doesn't have a lot of areas.

I looked at what I think is a current map of SSR and it says you can smoke out in front of each building. Does anyone know if that is correct. That seems like a pretty smoker friendly resort if it is.

I posted a month or so ago about the BCV areas so I got that one under control :)

TIA for any input

The balcony information is incorrect. SSR seems very smoker friendly and you have the locations correct. AKL not so much as there is only 2 locations. Between the main entrance and the bus stop and the other is near the playground :rolleyes:

I tried reading through many pages here, but I need to ask a question about Pop - we are booked for preferred but I need a DSA close to that. Where should I request in preferred? :confused3 TY!!

preferred is most of the 60s, one end each of 50s and 70s. ask for 1st floor, 50s. there is a DSA in the courtyard between the 50s bldgs. there is a DSA outside the entrance to the main bldg., nearer the 50s and there is a DSA by the petals pool bar.
the 70s has NO DSA at all! (there is a DSA along the lake, so you would be near it only if you have lakeview.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter