(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up. Refillable mugs and OKW don't work all that well because it is so spread out. You might want to just fill up your refrigerator at OKW with your favorite beverages instead of extending the refillable mug. And use the mug with your own stuff.

Ah, thanks for the heads up, that's certainly worth keeping in mind. We do have a hospitality house location booked so that might help in terms of being closer to a refill point but I remember when we stayed at SSR the mugs weren't that great for us

I was just there for 26 days, and had no problems with length of stay. The CM set it up for 14 days, and when that expired, set up for another 14 nights.

Was just at the Poly; NO new mugs. This was tonight, 2/18

I'm a lurker and I've seen posts about new mugs. There are brand new mugs at Port Orleans French Quarter tonight 2/18. They weren't there this morning but I just noticed them 15 minutes ago.

What are the chances the old mugs will be at POP by the begining of March? We already have over 10 of the old ones.

What are the chances the old mugs will be at POP by the begining of March? We already have over 10 of the old ones.

Maybe/maybe not but you can pick up the mugs anywhere as they are good at ALL resort refill stations. If they don't have them at POP then go to POR/POFQ or CBR (where they were reported yesterday) and pick up the mugs then take them back to your home resort.

Maybe/maybe not but you can pick up the mugs anywhere as they are good at ALL resort refill stations. If they don't have them at POP then go to POR/POFQ or CBR (where they were reported yesterday) and pick up the mugs then take them back to your home resort.

I'll have to see if I can convince DH to head over there just to get new mugs. LOL. He will probably think I've finally lost it. I'm gonna try anyway ;)

Does anyone know if I can bring my old-style mugs to my resort and fill with ice-water only or is that frowned upon?

Someone on the Beach Club thread confirmed that the new mugs are available there now. Yay!

I can confirm by sight that All-Star Sports and All-Star Music now have the new mugs.

Colors are solid red, solid yellow, shiny blue (it looked shiny to me), and that same translucent purple color as used with the previous design.

Anybody but me worried about germs on all there refillable mugs coming into contact with the drink dispenser? I know Disney is concerned, because on its cruise ships guests must take a new cup each time they want more drink from the soda dispensers.

Anybody but me worried about germs on all there refillable mugs coming into contact with the drink dispenser? I know Disney is concerned, because on its cruise ships guests must take a new cup each time they want more drink from the soda dispensers.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how they come into contact...except at the bottom of the cup. You can not hold the cup up to the dispenser, the bottom of the cup has to touch the landing part. And there's probably 2 or more inches between the top of the cup and the spout.

Also, most of the refill stations I've been to have a mug washing area. I don't think there's soap, but some have a hand sensor water faucet.

The environment on cruise ships is different because you have the same group of people confined in close proximity to each other, so an illness can quickly spread.

That said, sure, we bring extra cleaners (just paper towels with soap dried into them) to clean the refillable mugs, but there's so many other things you're touching in WDW, I think the mugs are just one small part of many ways you can pick up germs.

I noticed that on the DDP plan brochure it says that the mugs are until midnight on the night you check out.

But I also have seen whispers here, but I apologize have not read the whole thread, that say something about 14 days.

If I am not on the DDP and purchase a length of stay mug for the 17.99 price, is it only good until midnight of when I check out, or 14 days?

I ask because we have a split stay and was wondering if I bought the mugs at POR for our 6 nights if they would still be good when we move over to BC for the next 4 days?
Anyone have any experience with this?

But, if by some miracle I was later able to obtain free dining for the 1st 6 days of my trip, I figure that mug would expire at midnight on the check out day just like the dining credits, and then would just have to buy our own drinks for the remainder. ?

I noticed that on the DDP plan brochure it says that the mugs are until midnight on the night you check out.

But I also have seen whispers here, but I apologize have not read the whole thread, that say something about 14 days.

If I am not on the DDP and purchase a length of stay mug for the 17.99 price, is it only good until midnight of when I check out, or 14 days?

I ask because we have a split stay and was wondering if I bought the mugs at POR for our 6 nights if they would still be good when we move over to BC for the next 4 days?

But, if by some miracle I was later able to obtain free dining for the 1st 6 days of my trip, I figure that mug would expire at midnight on the check out day just like the dining credits, and then would just have to buy our own drinks for the remainder. ?

In my experience, CMs will code the mug for 14 no matter how long your dining plan or length of stay really is.

In my experience, CMs will code the mug for 14 no matter how long your dining plan or length of stay really is.
That is what I was told too. We are doing a split stay as well. They told me to keep the receipt showing 14 days on the mug and I might need to have it reactivated at the 2nd hotel, but I would be fine.

During my stay last week, I could see on the RapidFill machines than my mug was good for refills through March 1, so it was a 14-day activation. Too bad I'm not there anymore for those fills. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter