• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
i found my answer in the thread...I was hoping they had a new design out as I have 8 of the current design hopefully before my fall trip

Coronado Springs

Does anyone know where we can refill the mugs. Does it work in the bar.

I only drink diet Coke and wondered if we go to the bar etc if the mug will work.

Thanks!!!

At Coronado Springs you can refill your mug at the quick service counter by the pool when it is open. Also, you can refill your mug at Cafe Rix by the bar. Cafe Rix also has burgers and muffins and items to purchase. But you can just walk in anytime they are open and refill your mug for free by the cash registers. When we were there in Nov they had Diet Coke.

that's great to knlw, 3bees! at POR we were disappointed they wouldn't fill you're mug at the feature pool bar. we were in bldg. 38 and it was a looong walk to the food court.

Does anyone know if they still carry unsweetened iced tea at Caribbean Beach?

TIA! :goodvibes

When we were at the food court at CBR they had iced tea dispensers where you could select un-sweetened tea(green or black). I thought it was good.

Umm, when I went in easter in 2010- the mugs looked different- can any post a recent picture of their mug so i can see if they've changed?

I'd be so grateful! Thanks :goodvibes

Umm, when I went in easter in 2010- the mugs looked different- can any post a recent picture of their mug so i can see if they've changed?

I'd be so grateful! Thanks :goodvibes

Unless I've missed a report the mugs haven't changed yet. The mugs at Easter 2010 were the red Celebrate Today ones, and those are still reported to be at the resorts. We're expecting a change in mugs sometime soon reflecting the new Memories them, but it hasn't happened yet.

I read a rumor on another board that a new blue and white "Memories" mug was spotted (but not for sale). It sounded similar to the YOAMD mug...

popcorn::

:cool1:I'm all for that chant...M.I.C.K.E.Y we want a new mug design.:flower3: I love going out to anywhere toting my Disney mugs, it's such a conversation starter!!
VBR 27 days.. I'll be hoping for a new mug!

I've seen the term 'forever mug' a couple of times. What is that?

Back when WDW starting selling the cups they were resort specific and even (in 2000 and 2001 for a fact) were sold in the rooms (if you took one, they charged your room charge note in room stating good for this and ALL future stays I have one from 2001) Anyway the cups were sold for a resort specific and for all and any future stays. This stopped sometime after 2003 and now the cups are just for the length of stay and are not specific to a resort.

Back when WDW starting selling the cups they were resort specific and even (in 2000 and 2001 for a fact) were sold in the rooms (if you took one, they charged your room charge note in room stating good for this and ALL future stays I have one from 2001) Anyway the cups were sold for a resort specific and for all and any future stays. This stopped sometime after 2003 and now the cups are just for the length of stay and are not specific to a resort.

That explains why I see people still using the resort specific mugs. I'd just love to have a different mug for each resort so I could remember all of my great trips.

That explains why I see people still using the resort specific mugs. I'd just love to have a different mug for each resort so I could remember all of my great trips.

Yes, and for some reason on our last trip to CBR in Nov/Dec we saw quite a few! People were actually striking up conversation along the path and in the food court. First time for that. Many had them along with them, some said they had them at home and didn't bring. We even saw some from the very start that I never saw at CBR anyway. An older couple had them since the mid 90s and they were neat. They were with family that had the ones that I had. Yes, it was a kind of neat thing how they were orig. sold and now fun to be able to keep and reuse! The first ones I purchased were in CBR and still have.

Not exactly. Even back in 1997 on our first trip, there were signs posted at the refill stations that the mugs were only good for the duration of the trip they were purchased. It just didn't say it directly on the mug.

In the early 2000's, Disney started putting the words directly on the mug and still posting the signs over the refill stations.

I do think that Dixie Landing did have a "forever" mug in the late 1990's because the resort ceased to exist about a year later and became Port Orleans Riverside.

Disney's policy was and still is that mugs are good only for that trip they are purchased and at the resort they were purchased.

We have 4 POR mugs (2 fat ones and 2 cup holder size) from 2005 and we still use them at home. We haven't been back to POR since we bought DVC. That would be a nice owners perk - purchase a DVC forever mug. But that's another discussion altogether! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter