• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Wilderness Lodge Mugs that don't have anything printed on them about "length of stay" etc.. I also have newer mugs that explicitly state on the mug that it is for the length of stay.
I am going with my old WL mugs as I recall them being "forever refills" and if they weren't, they should have stated that on the mug. Also, we're staying at the WL this trip!
Should I expect any CM pushback?

They only recently added the text directly on the mugs because guests weren't reading the signs posted right over the mugs or on the beverage machine. You may be told "no" by a CM. Some guests have been told "no".

I have mugs from about five resorts that have nothing printed on them, but I do know Disney's policy. We started buying these in 1997 at the Polynesian.

They only recently added the text directly on the mugs because guests weren't reading the signs posted right over the mugs or on the beverage machine. You may be told "no" by a CM. Some guests have been told "no".

I have mugs from about five resorts that have nothing printed on them, but I do know Disney's policy. We started buying these in 1997 at the Polynesian.

I should probably add that I don't intend to "ASK" I just go in, fill my mug an leave, thereby leaving it at the CMs discretion to create a scene and potentially inconvenience other customers who may be waiting to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy
because the regular dining plan includes a drink with every CS and TS meal. it is geared towards people who want a sit-down meal every day, and is more expensive.
for those on the go, the quick service is cheaper. I just wish they had made it cheaper still, adn NOT included the mug. (we drive, and can bring our own drinks)
I would like to see a Dining Plan fashioned after the "magic Your Way Tickets". it would be complicated, (but then, so is the magic your way packages, and we all adjusted to that!)but you could purchase how ever many "credits" you choose. and use them however you like, for the duration of your stay. whether you chose to use them on Signature restaurants, other Table service restaurants, Counter service restaurants, snacks, or mugs. it would be YOUR choice.....and then we could al go see the fairy princess together!

According to disneyworld.com you do get a single serving beverage with every meal on the QS plan!
but, I went on to suggest a more complicated scenario, wherein you purchased a set amount of points, and could use them however you chose (CS, TS, etc). like, a "Magic Your Way Plan" for dining. (example, some of us staying 7 nights don't want 7 TS dinners, maybe only 3. you could purchase "credits" and use them how you choose, for sit down, signature, mugs, snacks, etc, your choice.)

I should probably add that I don't intend to "ASK" I just go in, fill my mug an leave, thereby leaving it at the CMs discretion to create a scene and potentially inconvenience other customers who may be waiting to pay.
You have a warped sense of entitlement.
I just don't get it! The cheapest things on a Disney vacation are the refillable mugs. When you start nickel and dime'ing it and are willing to steal a few cents worth of soda, I pity you. You are on vacation!!!

Hrm you've been a member since 06 but only have 13 posts. I think that says enough.....

Actually, you'll be the one creating the scene and could be asked to leave. But it's your vacation. :confused3

I have Wilderness Lodge Mugs that don't have anything printed on them about "length of stay" etc.. I also have newer mugs that explicitly state on the mug that it is for the length of stay.
I am going with my old WL mugs as I recall them being "forever refills" and if they weren't, they should have stated that on the mug. Also, we're staying at the WL this trip!
Should I expect any CM pushback?

Yes, we had WL mugs (they are the last we have that were the "forever" type. ) We did use them in Feb, no problem and we did see a few others with them. I guess WDW thought it was a good marketing method back when the cups were new.(the first one I got was at ASMu back in 1995 we have quite a few of the CBR since we went with a large group in 2001) Anyway, you can use the forever mugs. We actually had some asking where we got them since they are the largest and best insulated of all the mugs we have!

Yes, we had WL mugs (they are the last we have that were the "forever" type. ) We did use them in Feb, no problem and we did see a few others with them. I guess WDW thought it was a good marketing method back when the cups were new.(the first one I got was at ASMu back in 1995 we have quite a few of the CBR since we went with a large group in 2001) Anyway, you can use the forever mugs. We actually had some asking where we got them since they are the largest and best insulated of all the mugs we have!

Thanks, nice to know I have a "forever" mug. That being said, I've usually just purchased a new mug each trip, but now that the mugs are the same every year at every resort, it just seems really wasteful.

Thanks, nice to know I have a "forever" mug. That being said, I've usually just purchased a new mug each trip, but now that the mugs are the same every year at every resort, it just seems really wasteful.

Plus the older ones are a better quality, they keep things cold longer. We have many of the CBR ones and I do use them at home. We will bring them in Nov. We haven't stayed at CBR in quite sometime and I'm looking forward to it. We did buy some of the newer cups since we stayed at ASMu and didn't have 2 of the old ones and they really are not the same quality or feeling! I liked the resort specific mugs better. Just looking at them when using brings a fun type feeling back plus a lot more went into designing them!

Plus the older ones are a better quality, they keep things cold longer. We have many of the CBR ones and I do use them at home. We will bring them in Nov. We haven't stayed at CBR in quite sometime and I'm looking forward to it. We did buy some of the newer cups since we stayed at ASMu and didn't have 2 of the old ones and they really are not the same quality or feeling! I liked the resort specific mugs better. Just looking at them when using brings a fun type feeling back plus a lot more went into designing them!

Me too - I did notice that the older, resort-specific mugs were better quality. That said, I have one that the handle broke off - but now it is perfect for my car cup holder and outside of the handle, it works great!

Me too - I did notice that the older, resort-specific mugs were better quality. That said, I have one that the handle broke off - but now it is perfect for my car cup holder and outside of the handle, it works great!

Yes, have fun at WL, it's really my favorite resort for theming. Many on the boards don't see the need or don't know that way back these cups were advertised and even in the first few years left in the rooms, with a paper stating price and the fact that they were good for all future visits to the resort on them. I know they were still in the rooms in 2001, we had a group of 10 and we did end up with quite a few even though we had our own 3! That's why I have so many CBR ones

I am unhappy we don't have a new mug design yet either. I plan on buying the same mugs this year but taking my old mugs. I will put my new unused mugs in my suitcase and give them as teacher presents when we return and use my mugs from last year to put my drinks in as they are the current mug. This eliminates the wastefulness in my mind. I can use the unused mugs as gifts and still pay for my weeks worth of soda.

We go between two and 3 times a year. What i have noticed is that the mugs change for the seasons. I have had no problem using the mugs over and over. I have used the summer ones in the winter and vice versa. If you wash the mug in the dishwasher, the paint starts to wear off.

I am unhappy we don't have a new mug design yet either. I plan on buying the same mugs this year but taking my old mugs. I will put my new unused mugs in my suitcase and give them as teacher presents when we return and use my mugs from last year to put my drinks in as they are the current mug. This eliminates the wastefulness in my mind. I can use the unused mugs as gifts and still pay for my weeks worth of soda.

Great idea!:wizard:

We go between two and 3 times a year. What i have noticed is that the mugs change for the seasons. I have had no problem using the mugs over and over. I have used the summer ones in the winter and vice versa. If you wash the mug in the dishwasher, the paint starts to wear off.
I only wash mine in the dishwasher at home and they are all still like new and some of mine are over 10 years old.

That is such a great idea. We can give brand new mugs with the tabs still attached to our pet sitters.

Same here...we went last Aug and again last week...SAME mugs. Had I known I would have brought last years from home instead I ended up buying MORE mugs and now have a cabinet FULL of the SAME ones. Luckily I LOVE Disney and use them ALL the time lol

That's so funny. When we went to POFQ in November, I had no idea that some of the mugs were forever mugs. I remember seeing some folks in the food court with ancient looking mugs, and thinking- wow, someone's cheap. LOL

Makes more sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter