(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right re over ordered. Me and DW wondered ( we just got back ) if there is a big warehouse somewhere around Disney full of them! Another thought was numbers of people staying were less than expected so the same amount lasted longer ( or is it proof that people are reusing mugs lol...)

I think it is that people are reusing their mugs .... Just not in a "wrong break the rules way"
I think people who have the mugs and are doing dinning plan and go yearly have all the mugs they could ever want and just take their from home and skip getting the FREE one that comes with the plan. Leaving more in stock than there was prior to it being free with the dinning plan

I think when they wanted to offer it in the dinning plan they upped the stock to buffer the extra and over estimated.

We did a split stay in 2011 with the dining plan. We ended up with 8 mugs by the end of the trip. We currently have 12 for a family of 4. Who needs glass ware??? not us!!!

Sorry if it's been mentioned but is CBR on the new coffee? I didn't mind the Nescafe but my husband can't stand it!

I think we have 8 of the current mug and seeing it doesn't look like they are changing this one anytime soon we will have 2 more come August. Really hoping I'm wrong.

(I also have 6 of the one they had out for the year of a million dreams.)

We presently already have a drawer full. This July we are doing a split stay at three different results, so we will leave with 12 more. If we do the dining plan in October we will end up with another 4. I would be excited to find one of those purple ones, but we will likely end up with some additional green, black, and pink ones.

I would like to see the mugs decorated at Christmas time like they were years ago with the year. I have a few of the same mug now.

I'm in the same situation but we have 8 cups. I am thinking of using a black marker with an initial on the bottom. Maybe some kind of charm to hang from the handle.

No need to mark the mugs or put permanent stickers on them

We just switched the tops of the mugs around to differentiate. I had pink/pink DH had black/blue, DS had blue/blue and DS had blue/black. If you want to get really creative you could also change out the twist part on the cover. then you could have 27 different combinations (I think, if I did my math right).

We just switched the tops of the mugs around to differentiate. I had pink/pink DH had black/blue, DS had blue/blue and DS had blue/black. If you want to get really creative you could also change out the twist part on the cover. then you could have 27 different combinations (I think, if I did my math right).

I just use charms to mark them, like those sold to mark wine glasses. The small ring fits around the handle easily and you can either buy them ready made or have fun making your own in a more personalized way.

I will be there in October and will be buying Black for DS and pink for me. We are the only ones making this trip. I already have pink and blue, this will give me a total of 4 allowing each one of us to have our own since the first time DS was to young for his own and now my Dd is 1 and won't be making this trip. Hopefully by the time all 4 of us make our next trip in 2015 a new design is out :rotfl: and we will have 4 new ones :woohoo:

Are the mugs all the same in every resort or does each resort have their own themed mug ???

The refillable mug designs are the same across all resorts. Currently it is a pool scene with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto with choices of black, blue, or pink lids/handles.

Changing the twist part of the lid is a great idea. That way you can see the 2 colors very quickly. And lessen the chance of someone grabbing the wrong mug on a quick glance.

Back when the resorts had separate mugs we would use a silver sharpie to write our names on the top of the lid. Now, since there are only 3 of us, we can just get different color lids/handles.

I really wish they would change the mugs. It is kind of crazy to have so many of the same cup if you go several times. I was looking in my cabinet where I still have a bunch of the cups.

Maybe all of us with multiple mugs of the current design should a picture of all the mugs together and then email guest services attaching the pictures and plead for a new design! :)

I have the dining plan this September, and was wondering if the mugs are actually going to be useful to carry to the parks? Do they actually seal well when closed?
Thanks.

I have the dining plan this September, and was wondering if the mugs are actually going to be useful to carry to the parks? Do they actually seal well when closed?
Thanks.

No, they will leak unless you hold them upright. And you can't eat or drink on the buses.

Thanks.

Staying at the Pop it is easy to pass by the drink machines on the way to the bus so we bring ours to the parks. But I use and ECV and have the basket to put them in when not in use. I also have a backpack ice chest attached in my basket that I close with a pad lock. So when we are done with the cups or are going on a ride, I put them in the ice chest.

And like a previous poster said they do leak. Before I had the ice chest I would bring along a Disney merchandise bag and when we were finished the cups I would put a napkin or two in the cups and place them in the bag. Then carry the bag on rides with me.

Thanks.

Don't really like the idea of carrying the mugs around the parks. I do plan however to rent a locker each day. I'll bring the mugs along and store them with our backpack, then when we return to the resort, fill them up on our way back to the room.

Thanks.

They don't completely seal.

That said, I usually fill mine on the way to the parks, drink about half on the wqy to the bus, and then put in the side pouch of my backpack half full. As long as I don't put the bag down on it's side, I've yet to have one leak.

I love the mugs but at some food courts like AK they have these metal bars before the coffee and drinks fountains that the mugs don't stand upright on. There is no surface to stand your mug on so you can only fill one at a time, the one in your hand. How people do them for a whole family is beyond me! But I have seen some interesting techniques... Lol

I had to fill one...go back and rest it on a table whilst DW was getting breakfast then go back and fill the other. I walk with a rollator and or cane ( disabled ) so could only use one hand! With no surface around the drinks machine to rest another mug I got twice as much footwork than I should! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter