(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I booked All Star Sports last June so I could get a PURPLE mug. Yes, that is mainly the reason. I am crazy I know. But they had pink, black and blue. BLAH! The "testing" of the new machines were over and so were the fun colors. :sad2:
Oh, and I wanted to get my niece the green mug since she was with us and that is her favorite color... but no go.

We went around a couple of years ago looking for different colors and were not able to find any. However, when we were there this past December 2012, we saw a family carrying around a group of yellow caps! I wonder where they got them.

We went around a couple of years ago looking for different colors and were not able to find any. However, when we were there this past December 2012, we saw a family carrying around a group of yellow caps! I wonder where they got them.

Is it possible that they had older mugs and swapped the lids?

When the current design first came out yellow was one of the available colors. Last July my mom brought her year old yellow lid/handled mug with us. She bought a new one, but often used her older yellow one just so we each had a different color. She kept the receipt from our purchase of 4 new mugs in her bag just in case she was questioned, which she never was.

When you buy a waterpark mug, it comes with a sticker good for that day only. If you go back on another day, you purchase a new sticker for about $6. So each sticker is only good for one day. When you get the new sticker they either remove the old one or put the new one right on top of the old one.
Ah, so that's how it works! Sounds familiar now! Thanks for the info!

I got mine in either 2010 or 2011. I can't remember if we got red cups in 2010 or not. I was thinking the current style came out in 2011, but can't remember for sure. I just asked hubby and he can't remember either as my mom gave us all her old red cups for use at home, so we can't go do a count! Anyway, we got our yellow cup when they first came out, but have not seen them since. I know we got them at POR.

Is there any way to get a replacement lid for the mugs? I love using my mug now that I am home from vacation but my husband seams to have lost one of our mug lids. I hate that we have a mug we can no longer use and was hoping there was someplace we could get a new one. Oh its a black 2012 mug.
Thanks in advance!:thumbsup2

So the 2013 mugs haven't been rolled out yet?
Very surprised.

Hoping it will be soon. I'll be in the World in 16 days.

Have several 2012 mugs, would love to get the 2013 mug :)

The current mug design is still in use. If there is a design change coming it is very possible it will be right before or during your visit. (Also wanted to note that the mug designs aren't changed annually. The current design went into use in late February 2011.)

is disney using the barcodes for the refillable mugs at any resorts?

No use of barcodes for resort refillable mugs.

Those were yellow lid mugs from early 2011. Yellow was one of the original three color choices, replaced by black later on.

I got mine in either 2010 or 2011. I can't remember if we got red cups in 2010 or not. I was thinking the current style came out in 2011, but can't remember for sure. I just asked hubby and he can't remember either as my mom gave us all her old red cups for use at home, so we can't go do a count! Anyway, we got our yellow cup when they first came out, but have not seen them since. I know we got them at POR.

In 2010 there were the red Celebrate Today mugs. In early 2011 you got your yellow lid pool scene mugs.

I am bringing my mug with me to Disney World that I got last july. I want to use it at my Resort's counter service for ice water only. Would I still need a new mug to get water only? Is it that I must get a new mug or cup for Ice Water only? I found in the parks that the mugs kept water colder longer than just the paper cups.

Is there any way to get a replacement lid for the mugs? I love using my mug now that I am home from vacation but my husband seams to have lost one of our mug lids. I hate that we have a mug we can no longer use and was hoping there was someplace we could get a new one. Oh its a black 2012 mug.
Thanks in advance!:thumbsup2

A few years ago I lost my lid. I walked up to a cashier and asked about replacement lids and she pulled a box out from under her register and handed me one.

Maybe you can email guest services and inquire about a replacement.

tstidm1 said:
I am bringing my mug with me to Disney World that I got last july. I want to use it at my Resort's counter service for ice water only. Would I still need a new mug to get water only? Is it that I must get a new mug or cup for Ice Water only? I found in the parks that the mugs kept water colder longer than just the paper cups.

I saw folks filling all types of containers with ice water/ice cubes from the machines, can't imagine that would be an issue. At fast food places they always provide a free disposable cup to get ice water from the dispensers, the resort counter service places do that as well.

Hope it's alright to post up a link from another site here. Was reading a blog's post and the blogger posted an interesting pic. It's the third down on the post, and ignore the towering dole whip. :rotfl2:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...untain-railroad-interactive-queue/#more-10645

Now, I haven't been in a while, and I don't know what the "one-fill in-parks" cups currently look like, but I do not recognize the design. Anyone?

Hope it's alright to post up a link from another site here. Was reading a blog's post and the blogger posted an interesting pic. It's the third down on the post, and ignore the towering dole whip. :rotfl2:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...untain-railroad-interactive-queue/#more-10645

Now, I haven't been in a while, and I don't know what the "one-fill in-parks" cups currently look like, but I do not recognize the design. Anyone?

Interesting, thanks for pointing that out. A couple of people on Josh's post (he's the blogger on easywdw) are also asking in the comments if that is a resort mug or not. He may provide an answer later on. If it were a new resort design I think Josh would very likely point that out in the original post.

I don't recognize that design, but as you say there are souvenir (non refillable) soda mugs for each park. That may be the current Magic Kingdom mug.

As compared to the timing by week of previous design change in 2011, it very well could be a new design being rolled out as resorts need them. I was at Art of Animation last Saturday 2/23 and they had a large inventory of the current pool/beach design, not the one Josh has in his picture. And there has not been any other refillable mug design chatter on Twitter or blogs or boards...usually this kind of thing is picked up pretty quickly.

UPDATE: Josh on easywdw replied in the comments on that entry that the mug was not a new resort mug, and posters below are confirming it is from the Magic Kingdom.

Hmm so the use of the yellow mugs was clearly a violation....

"Freeze! Disney Police, you're under arrest!"

:rotfl2:

I'm sorry, I can't ignore the towering Dole Whip!! OMG! :eek:

I have that mug in the picture. I got it from the Magic Kingdom as a souvenir cup or whatever they call it. And how the heck can someone eat so much ice cream :lmao:

I have that mug in the picture. I got it from the Magic Kingdom as a souvenir cup or whatever they call it. And how the heck can someone eat so much ice cream :lmao:

Mystery solved, thanks...is it Micket et all riding Space Mountain? Still a nice design.

its nice to have these day to day updates..

That way we will all know if and when it happens...

Thanks everyone

We'll be there a week from today, hoping for a new design, as I have 6 of the recent one. I really don't want two more! We are bringing soda and tea with us (driving down) so we will only buy mugs if the design is new.

Mystery solved, thanks...is it Micket et all riding Space Mountain? Still a nice design.

It looks like they are riding Astro Orbiter. I have never ridden it but they are all in their own car and it has rocket wings on the side. Space Mountain is in the background. I just got it last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter