(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
we were just at ASMu the first week of April - the mugs were all the same but you could pick from many color tops...we have some black and some blue - but there were pink, yellow, etc.

Yellow is back, eh? Interesting...so were there four colors to choose from at ASMu? Or more?

When did the free mug program start with the dining plan.Plan with TS,QS and snack.great thread by the way.:cool1:

This year 2012 is the first year where all the dining plans include the refillable mug credits.

Any guesses as to whether there will be a new mug design by November. I'm thinking it's not likely?:)

Right, not likely. Recent precedent for design changes is after the first of a year, with mug design lasting about two years. So my prediction is a new design early 2013.

we don't care for the "light" lemonade either.. wish the food courts had a choice.. have light at one serving station, regular at the other. ( I don't like any "artificial" sweetener. don't like the taste and I don't think it's good for you)
ps. bring back the frozen coke at POP!!!!!!:(

We're going back for another trip in August 2012 to PORS. Stayed at PORS in Feb 2012, and bought mugs really just as souvenirs, since we don't drink soda or that stuff they call coffee. I bring my own tea bags for hot tea. We just used them for icewater and hot water. I don't know if there is a barcode or rfid chip in the ones we bought, but I'd like to bring them back and use them for the hot and icewater again. But I would be mortified if there is something wrong with that. It seems crazy and wasteful to buy more plastic mugs or use the non recyclable foam cups they give you for water. Will I be shut out at the fountains if I bring my February Mugs?
:worried:

We're going back for another trip in August 2012 to PORS. Stayed at PORS in Feb 2012, and bought mugs really just as souvenirs, since we don't drink soda or that stuff they call coffee. I bring my own tea bags for hot tea. We just used them for icewater and hot water. I don't know if there is a barcode or rfid chip in the ones we bought, but I'd like to bring them back and use them for the hot and icewater again. But I would be mortified if there is something wrong with that. It seems crazy and wasteful to buy more plastic mugs or use the non recyclable foam cups they give you for water. Will I be shut out at the fountains if I bring my February Mugs?

Lots to say; I'll try not to stir debate.

1. Your mugs won't have RFID chips in them.

2. There are no RFID tests or implementation reported right now, but even if there were, I don't expect a chip would be required for hot or cold water.

3. Your mugs were only good for the length of your previous stay, so you aren't supposed to use them on a subsequent trip.

4. This is where I am at a bit of a loss, and afraid I'm touching into debate -- you say you are only going to use them for water. I don't think the purchase of a mug is required for the use of fountain water. So I suppose you could use your mugs for that water, but then again, you could bring any reusable cup if the water is free.

In summary, if you're going to be mortified, a quicker answer would be -- don't bring the mugs back because you're not supposed to according to the rules.

Are all the mug colors (pink, black, yellow, blue, green, purple) available at all resorts now?

We are staying at Coronado Springs for Memorial Day weekend... does anyone know what colors are available there?

We already have all but green & purple and would love to get those as well!

Are all the mug colors (pink, black, yellow, blue, green, purple) !

There's 6 colors?? We're a family of 5 who always buys the mugs but usually brings 2 different lids from older mugs so we have 5 colors. I have always thought they should have at least 4 colors.

Do they have the refillable mug program at Disneyland too? We're going on our first trip this year. It would be nice to have mugs with the Disneyland name on them.

There's 6 colors?? We're a family of 5 who always buys the mugs but usually brings 2 different lids from older mugs so we have 5 colors. I have always thought they should have at least 4 colors.

Rumor has it there's 7... someone else said they got orange?!

Yup, I remember seeing a pic of orange. Actually, the green, purple, and orange were the colors at All Star Sports when they were testing the RFID chipped mugs. Have they been spotted elsewhere?

Are all the mug colors (pink, black, yellow, blue, green, purple) available at all resorts now?

I saw your question the other day but I have not seen recent reports that there are more than three colors at a resort at any one time. The standard set seemed to be black, pink, and blue, but those other colors do exist, and they may or may not show up at all the resorts. See below for more on this.

Do they have the refillable mug program at Disneyland too? We're going on our first trip this year. It would be nice to have mugs with the Disneyland name on them.

I don't know if they have the refillable mugs at DLR, but if they do I would suspect they are the same Disney Parks design currently used in WDW.

Yes, the lid colors that have been produced for this current design have been:
yellow, black, pink, blue, green, purple, and orange

The first set in 2011 was yellow, pink, and blue. Then it seemed like black took over for yellow later in the year.

Then at the RFID chip test at All Star Sports (now over) they had green, purple, and orange lids. Some of those colors showed up at other resorts too. I got green at Pop Century last August.

Yes, they have them. We were there several years ago and stayed at the Grand Californian. At that time, the mugs had the resort name on them. I remember you could get hot chocolate and they let you put whipped cream (from a can) on top!

We are going to WDW for the first time in a few weeks and I was wondering what beverage choices there are at CR.

Thanks!

A couple of up-to-date refillable mug-related photos available in this easywdw.com May 2012 Port Orleans Riverside visit.

Black, blue, and pink lid selections (look on bottom shelf):
oiuygbssad37.jpg

Soda choices at POR Riverside Mill:
oiuygbssad51.jpg

I notice the sign no longed says the resort it was purchased. I'll take that to mean they are now allowing for resort changing half way through your stay

Was wondering if they have Unsweetened Gold Peak Iced Tea for the refillable mugs anywhere?

Yes -- for the most part you can expect the Gold Peak dispenser everywhere there are refillable mugs, and including unsweetened as one of the choices.

Here's a photo of the typical Gold Peak dispenser from the same easywdw POR report I posted about yesterday:

oiuygbssad53.jpg

Mugs,Mugs and more Mugs...We used to love getting different mug at each new place we stayed. Now that they are all the same everywhere I am getting way too many of these at my house..would love to see them able to be used on future visits...at a discount of course..maybe a chip in them that can be activated upon purchasing a discounted drink plan when checking in at your future resort that would then make it good for that stay...

Thanks about the iced tea! Glad to know I'm going to be able to get my caffeine fix for "free" since I don't drink soda ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter