(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we came back from MK EMH they had closed drink stations and put away forks, knives, jelly, etc. They covered everything in plastic wrap, too, which isn't cheap. It'd take a whole lot of refills to add up to more than the web of plastic wrap they used. They probably were trying to avoid people making a mess, though.
We noticed during our last stay at Pop they did the same thing ... thought that it was very odd they wrapped everything in plastic wrap :confused3

Just back from 2 nts at Sports where I took my Racetrac mug for ice water, so I had no problems. I noticed some guests watching me, so I left my lid off to make it obvious I'd filled mostly with ice and no soda. Guess I didn't need to, now that I read this. When we came back from MK EMH they had closed drink stations and put away forks, knives, jelly, etc. If I'd bought a Disney mug on this trip, I'd have complained about the hours not being congruent with park hours. If the area is open for guests to walk through, then a drink station should be left open. They could clean it and then reopen it. They covered everything in plastic wrap, too, which isn't cheap. It'd take a whole lot of refills to add up to more than the web of plastic wrap they used. They probably were trying to avoid people making a mess, though.

Well, there have been posters in the not so distant past who were suggesting taking jelly and such from the food court, in order to add to their room supplies. Maybe there is a lot of that going on, and Disney took steps to prevent it.

(Only mostly kidding)

I do think it stinks that they don't leave the drink station open. Maybe because they don't want to pay a CM to man it in case of issues?:confused3

Does anyone have any stories of guests showing up with non-RFID mugs and desperately trying to get the fountain to work? I would love to see

After my stay at POP 2 weeks ago, I can't wait until they introduce RFID everywhere.

Sorry for the Rant, but, here it goes:
I read A LOT on these boards about the abuse at the fountains, and I was still unprepared at the amount of people just using whatever liquid container they had handy.

I'll give some the benefit of the doubt of possible confusion on the official refillable mug policy and old mugs, I'll ignore that, but...

...Seriously? Using empty plastic water bottles, empty Tropicana OJ bottles (filling up three at a time while holding up everyone behind you with REAL mugs), then letting your husband top up his Univerisal Studios mug (those mugs are huge!). I also saw kids using their Disney themed water bottles.

SMH!

Is it true that the refillable mugs are now given with the dining plans?

Yes, starting with the 2012 plans. The regular Dining Plan will start including credits for the refillable mugs.

In 2011 the quick service and deluxe dining plans have the refillable mug credits, but not the regular dining plan.

I know you're not supposed to use the refillable mugs at other resorts, but what about at the 3 All Stars? We'll be staying at ASMo, and will likely spend some time at ASMu (we have family staying there at the same time). I know you can pool hop between those 3 resorts, so I'm assuming you can "mug-hop" too?

Thanks!

I know you're not supposed to use the refillable mugs at other resorts, but what about at the 3 All Stars? We'll be staying at ASMo, and will likely spend some time at ASMu (we have family staying there at the same time). I know you can pool hop between those 3 resorts, so I'm assuming you can "mug-hop" too?

Thanks!
Since the All Star Sports/Music/Movies are sister resorts you can use the mugs at any one of their Quick Service locations.

Since the All Star Sports/Music/Movies are sister resorts you can use the mugs at any one of their Quick Service locations.

Except now that Sports has the RFID chip in the mug for their fountain..mugs that don't have the chip won't work at their fountain. They only sell the chipped mugs at Sports, so if you buy your mugs from Music or Movies, you won't be able to use the Sports fountain.

Except now that Sports has the RFID chip in the mug for their fountain..mugs that don't have the chip won't work at their fountain. They only sell the chipped mugs at Sports, so if you buy your mugs from Music or Movies, you won't be able to use the Sports fountain.

But if you buy your mug at Sports you can use it at Movies and Music, correct?

Sorry if this was said earlier but have the mugs changed since the Spring in colors and designs. Coming back in a few weeks and hope there are new style this time.

Sorry if this was said earlier but have the mugs changed since the Spring in colors and designs. Coming back in a few weeks and hope there are new style this time.

Depends on what you got in the spring, how early it was. If they were still selling the red Celebrate Today mugs, then yes they have changed. But if you got the "fab five" at the pool design -- which I'm guessing you did in the spring -- then no, they have not changed. They don't change the mug designs that frequently.

Here's what they are selling now, with black instead of yellow lids:
DSC_8285.jpg

Yes, starting with the 2012 plans. The regular Dining Plan will start including credits for the refillable mugs.

In 2011 the quick service and deluxe dining plans have the refillable mug credits, but not the regular dining plan.

So, if we are going February 2012, will we get a mug included with regular dining?

Thanks in advance!:love:

Ok I read the first few pages and I know you guys don't expect me to read the whole thread ... its a long one :eek:

Heres my question: Is there any refillable mug for the PARKS? That would be so handy!

Ok I read the first few pages and I know you guys don't expect me to read the whole thread ... its a long one :eek:

Heres my question: Is there any refillable mug for the PARKS? That would be so handy!

Nope.

But, you can ask any Counter Service for a free glass of ice water.

Any speculation or past year's reference on when a new mug might come out? I love the current design, but it really isn't a year round option...I should think with it being the end of Sept., we should see something new soon...

Maybe a 40th anniversary? released Oct. 1??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter