• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they expect you to buy a new mug for every trip, they could at least change them more often, or have a few choices of designs. who wants to pay for something you already have?:confused3

if they expect you to buy a new mug for every trip, they could at least change them more often, or have a few choices of designs. who wants to pay for something you already have?:confused3

The mug is just a by-product of the soda purchase. You are buying soda that comes in a refillable mug.

All I wanted for christmas was a new mug desigen:worship: help Oh Mighty Mickey I am In need of a new Mug:darth:, ok my unwanted miss quotes are over but I just not want to say bump. Maybe Disney will like this and bring us new Mugs??,maybepopcorn::

The mug is just a by-product of the soda purchase. You are buying soda that comes in a refillable mug.

well, yeah, I knew that. and coffee and tea, too. but it's also promoted as a "souvenier" mug, and who wants duplicate souveneirs?

I just think people would be less apt to reuse mugs on future trips if they had the option of buying different mugs than they already had. Not just dif. colored tops. keep those to differentiate between mom's mug, dad's mug, etc.

but, there could be a mickey mug, a goofy mug, a minnie mug, etc, etc, (along with dif. colored tops) just a suggestion....

that wasn't Nebo above, it was me. sorry, dear. (again)

but hubby Nebo has our mugs on display atop our cabinets, and is hoping for a new design, too.

I know they have to basically "sell out" the old ones first. but.. if they put out slightly dif. designs for EACH current design, there would be more options. and there would be less reusing.

example: the year of a million dreams blue mug. instead of all the characters, have some of them be mickey, some minnie, some goofy, etc. you get the dif. colored tops seperately. Just a thought, to give people more incentive to go by the rules.

Well I leave 11 days from today....SIGH, am still holding out some hope of a different mug. :worship:

We went twice in 2009 (that is now 2 years ago people!!) and have these mugs.

I just know that by the end of Feb the new ones will be out and I will have missed it by just days or a couple weeks. That would just be WRONG!!!

Still hoping everyday....come on new mugs!!! Come on!!! popcorn::

Great thread!!

I wonder if Disney is waiting for Oct 2011 to change design. If it had an Anniversary date on it, now that would be a souvin'eer'. We have 6 different mug designs from over the years since 1995. I would love to collect more!!

I too am hoping for new designs....I have 4 from our trip last April and when we went back in July I bought 4 more! I don't need 4 more of the same ones this April :confused3
But I can't drink my coffee in Disney if it's not in a "mug"! ;)

I have a cuppard full of the same souveners!:rotfl2:, i can go for a few more , but i to would like something new. I am going to be at POP In Oct so heres to new mugs :banana:. If I had my choice i would like to go back to the fatter mug design, when the mugs where resort pacific.:wizard:

I agree with the above poster, the mugs need to be bigger. I hate having to go back to refill as the current mugs do not hold much.

One of the things I didn't like about the bigger mugs is they didn't fit in my car cup holders :sad2:

I do not think they held much more if any?, they where just fatter:rotfl2:. But I guess i just like the shape better:lmao:. Instead of going the resort themm route how about the resort closet to the park, like POP would have a Holloywood studios scene?

I'm *hoping* that with the new Making Memories campaign and the upcoming 40th anniversary, maybe we'll see some new mugs soon . . . :confused3

I don't mind buying new mugs for each trip, but I do wish there would be a new design every year! :cheer2:

Agreed. I'm also ready for some new mugs! DS3 uses them almost every day at home, and I'm ready to see something different!!!:rotfl2:

I agree with the above poster, the mugs need to be bigger. I hate having to go back to refill as the current mugs do not hold much.

Both the thinner mug and the fatter mug hold about the same amount of liquid. I guess it would be a preference issue.

the thinner bottomed mugs fit better in the drink holders in the car! when running late, I have my tea on the way to work.

the problem I have with the resort specific mugs is they wouldn't work well for those of us who enjoy splitting our WDW vacation amongst 2 or more WDW resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter