(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they still have the Gold Peak teas? If so, how do they work with the new chip mugs?

Yes, the Gold Peak tea dispensers are still in the food courts. They are not currently connected to the RFID system but you can use the mugs with them still. Same applies to coffee -- no RFID on those yet.

Yes, the Gold Peak tea dispensers are still in the food courts. They are not currently connected to the RFID system but you can use the mugs with them still. Same applies to coffee -- no RFID on those yet.

Thanks. We'll be there soon to check it all out.

I can easily drink that blue powerade down quickly especially on a hot day lol! The whole system just seems annoying to me and the PP about creating congestion around machines waiting for your 2 minutes to expire seems very realistic. Perhaps they want you to spend that 2 minutes walking around and buying more things in the gift shop or food courts......

I still don't get the 2 minute window, if dishonest people are really going that far out of their way to buy one "new" mug and bring several "old" mugs from home than a 2 minute window is not going to stop them. What's next an RFID chip on the paper plates to use the starlight café fixin bar? Every time I go there (or any place with a fixing bar) I see people eating lunch for free by making their own salads for goodness sakes. These are the same people that are being dishonest with the resort mugs. Do you really think a 2 minute window is going to stop them when they flew their mugs from thousands of miles away and figured out how to eat lunch for free at fixing stations? To me its annoying to say the least. Overall, the honest people shouldn't be put at a disadvantage because of dishonest people.

I can easily drink that blue powerade down quickly especially on a hot day lol! The whole system just seems annoying to me and the PP about creating congestion around machines waiting for your 2 minutes to expire seems very realistic. Perhaps they want you to spend that 2 minutes walking around and buying more things in the gift shop or food courts......

I still don't get the 2 minute window, if dishonest people are really going that far out of their way to buy one "new" mug and bring several "old" mugs from home than a 2 minute window is not going to stop them. What's next an RFID chip on the paper plates to use the starlight café fixin bar? Every time I go there (or any place with a fixing bar) I see people eating lunch for free by making their own salads for goodness sakes. These are the same people that are being dishonest with the resort mugs. Do you really think a 2 minute window is going to stop them when they flew their mugs from thousands of miles away and figured out how to eat lunch for free at fixing stations? To me its annoying to say the least. Overall, the honest people shouldn't be put at a disadvantage because of dishonest people.

I just spent 9 days at POP, and never saw anyone hanging around the machines or trying to get a refill prematurely. In all likelihood, depending on how much ice you put in the cup, you could probably get close to two fills within the two minute timeframe. It tracks the ounces of soda dispensed, so if you like a lot of ice, you will have less ounces of soda per fill. Another option would be to get no ice with your first fill to give you more actual drink (which would then take you longer to drink it). This is one of those "don't knock it 'til you try it" situations. :goodvibes

I just spent 9 days at POP, and never saw anyone hanging around the machines or trying to get a refill prematurely. In all likelihood, depending on how much ice you put in the cup, you could probably get close to two fills within the two minute timeframe. It tracks the ounces of soda dispensed, so if you like a lot of ice, you will have less ounces of soda per fill. Another option would be to get no ice with your first fill to give you more actual drink (which would then take you longer to drink it). This is one of those "don't know it 'til you try it" situations. :goodvibes

Good info. Thanks!

Quick Question about a length of stay.

We are going to spend one night at BWV and then switch over to AK. The one night we are staying at BWV we are buying the dining plan for that one night. (I believe the credit will expire at midnight on the day we check out so we plan to do dinner that night.) We plan on staying at AK and using the villa kitchen mostly. But I noticed now that we get a mug with the dining plan. Do you think we will be able to use it through out whole stay? The dining plan doesn't charge more or less for how many days you stay. Do we have to have the two reservations (both made through DVC) linked so we can get the length of stay on the mugs?

Thanks!

Quick Question about a length of stay.

We are going to spend one night at BWV and then switch over to AK. The one night we are staying at BWV we are buying the dining plan for that one night. (I believe the credit will expire at midnight on the day we check out so we plan to do dinner that night.) We plan on staying at AK and using the villa kitchen mostly. But I noticed now that we get a mug with the dining plan. Do you think we will be able to use it through out whole stay? The dining plan doesn't charge more or less for how many days you stay. Do we have to have the two reservations (both made through DVC) linked so we can get the length of stay on the mugs?

Thanks!

When you get the mug with the Dining plan, it defaults to length of stay. Length of stay equals 14 days, so you will be good for your whole trip.

We got our mugs on the meal plan. I was familiar with them from a previous trip at Wilderness Lodge. This time I stayed at Art of Animation.

When you get the mug at the cafeteria they needs to be "activated" by the cashier (or they won't work). I noticed on the mug display there was some info about activating them for so much per day. I didn't really pay much attention because they were included on our meal plan.

I noticed the cashier waive my mug over a "reader" when I brought it up for activation. At first I thought it was an anti-theft feature, but later realized that was unlikely because the mug kiosk is in a big open area. People are running all over the cafe, gift shop, and lobby with unactivated mugs without alarms sounding.

Later as I was trying to use my "activated" mug I was getting frustrated because several of the beverage dispensors seemed to be broken. I thought I was going to break the "push" button I was pushing it so hard. I was about to complain that none of the units seemed to be working when I noticed a youngster dispense a perfectly good mug of soda from the very dispensor that just kicked my butt.

I thought maybe I just broke it in for them (you know ... like the pickle jar or katsup bottle cap). Then I realized what I was doing wrong. They placed their mug on the X-shaped pad below the spout. I was holding mine in the air under the spout.

The X-shaped landing pad is actually an RF-ID chip reader and tells the soda fountain that there's an "activated" mug below it. Actually a pretty neat idea. I just wish there were better instructions. It would have saved a lot of frustration. After that, whenever I went back, I silently chuckled at all the adults having the same problem as me, then lent some advice.

Does anyone know how to get the coffee stains out of the mugs? I have tried baking soda and scrubbed them but I can't seem to get it clean. Thanks !

Did you notice if the hot cocoa was RFID'ed yet? This is good info and THANK YOU.

I think it depends on the place. Some places have the cocoa machines (which do not have RFID) but then others have done away with the machines and they sell the cocoa packets to be mixed with hot water.

I think it depends on the place. Some places have the cocoa machines (which do not have RFID) but then others have done away with the machines and they sell the cocoa packets to be mixed with hot water.

Thank you so much. I will head over to the Pop thread and ask there also.

Thank you so much. I will head over to the Pop thread and ask there also.

Was just at POP about a week ago. The hot chocolate dispenser is not RFID, and you are only to fill the mug 2/3 of the way with hot chocolate (not sure why, though), and it was yummy. :goodvibes

When you get the mug with the Dining plan, it defaults to length of stay. Length of stay equals 14 days, so you will be good for your whole trip.

Thanks thats good to know. My daughter and family used the dining plan last week and I didn't quite understand why her mug was good for 2 weeks when she was only there 1 week. So I also wondered how it worked if you were there just 1 or 2 days then moving to another resort. I really wish we could just reactivate our old mugs in the future.

So am I correct in understanding that if I have a mug with an active chip, I can use it at any resort, not just the resort I am staying at? Sorry for asking again, but it is just that the various questions asked lead me to believe this might be the case.

So am I correct in understanding that if I have a mug with an active chip, I can use it at any resort, not just the resort I am staying at? Sorry for asking again, but it is just that the various questions asked lead me to believe this might be the case.

Yes, your mug will work at all Disney owned resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter