(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but in my defense this is a really long thread - I did try to find it.

I see mention of soda, coffee, hot chocolate, and iced tea but I was wondering if the refillable mugs could be used for hot tea. I don't drink coffee and really can't face soda for breakfast, but I just
can't imagine starting my day without caffeine. I'm guessing it's not possible simply because I can't find it mentioned anywhere. Doesn't hurt to ask though...right?

Thanks!

The max is 14 days so I wonder if it's really 5 days or if it means 14 days once you pass 3 days. I will find out for sure at the end of November as I will be staying at Poly for 6 nights with a package and switching to AoA for 2 nights without a package. It would be nice to at least keep the mug, but we will see.

You can purchase the length of stay and use your mug at any of the resorts. I am staying at Art of Animation and purchased my mug at All Star Movies and have used the mug at Beach Club. I don't have the dining plan however, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but in my defense this is a really long thread - I did try to find it.

I see mention of soda, coffee, hot chocolate, and iced tea but I was wondering if the refillable mugs could be used for hot tea. I don't drink coffee and really can't face soda for breakfast, but I just
can't imagine starting my day without caffeine. I'm guessing it's not possible simply because I can't find it mentioned anywhere. Doesn't hurt to ask though...right? From what I have seen the coffee machines are the same with the hot water spicket on it and it isn't connected to the new rfid system.

Thanks!
From what I have seen the coffee and hot water isn't connected to the new rfid system.

Just wondering if the rfid machines and mugs are active at POP. I arrive in 2 days and would love to get a new mug but if not I will just bring my old ones for water and ice.:)

can't imagine starting my day without caffeine. I'm guessing it's not possible simply because I can't find it mentioned anywhere. Doesn't hurt to ask though...right?

Thanks!

Hot tea is included as a beverage choice for the refillable mugs.

When we were at the WL last February there were tea bags in the resort rooms. There was also a selection of tea bags in Roaring Forks, the counter service restaurant.

Hi everyone :) Sorry if this has been asked, but I didn't see anything in the last few months about Caribbean Beach. Does anyone know what the colors are at Caribbean Beach and if the RFID mugs are being used there yet?
TIA! TTFN!

Just wondering if the rfid machines and mugs are active at POP. I arrive in 2 days and would love to get a new mug but if not I will just bring my old ones for water and ice.:)
On Wednesday, they were still using the old mugs and the system with the rfid was not being used yet.

I did a search and still can't find my answer.

How often do they change the design of the mugs?? I'm not against purchasing new mugs, but i would REALLY love a new design for our trip next year. i have the pool scene. not my favorite.

Sorry if this has been asked, but I didn't see anything in the last few months about Caribbean Beach. Does anyone know what the colors are at Caribbean Beach and if the RFID mugs are being used there yet?

All the resorts including CBR have had black, pink, and blue lid/handle colors up until now. With the switch to RFID rolling out, the color choices reported are orange, purple, and green. Unfortunately I can't say if CBR has switched yet, but it could be any time now like any of the resorts. Black/pink/blue will likely continue until the switch.

I did a search and still can't find my answer.

How often do they change the design of the mugs?? I'm not against purchasing new mugs, but i would REALLY love a new design for our trip next year. i have the pool scene. not my favorite.

May be bad news then...the pool scene continues with the addition of a RapidFill logo to reflect the new RFID system and a switch to different color lids/handles. If they were going to do an entirely new design this would have been the time, because the pool scene has been used since 2011, but it appears it will continue for some longer period now. I suppose it could change again next year but I don't know.

i heard that the mugs were included when you get the disney dining plan...is this true?? and also does the art of animation resort carry them??

Yes, the current Disney dining plans all include credits for the refillable mugs, and yes, all resorts including Art of Animation have the mugs available.

I just returned last evening from an awesome time at WDW...:cool1: There are NEW colors out, lime green, neon orange and lavendar. They also have "computer chips" on the bottom of them. There are a few choices as to how you plan to use them...I think it was $17.99 for the mug with refills for the length of stay..We did have trouble a couple of times when we couldn't add any beverage..however, a CM was right on top of the problem and he then rescanned the mug, and we went on with our day. Also, if you go over your time of fills, the machine will post a message saying that you no longer have time left.:rolleyes1 needless to say, this will help with people bringing back their mugs from another trip...We truly got our money's worth..:littleangel: as it was not under 90 degrees any day we were there....

Sorry, what do you mean "go over your time of fills?" Is there now a number of times per day that it can be filled???

I just returned last evening from an awesome time at WDW...:cool1: There are NEW colors out, lime green, neon orange and lavendar. They also have "computer chips" on the bottom of them. There are a few choices as to how you plan to use them...I think it was $17.99 for the mug with refills for the length of stay..We did have trouble a couple of times when we couldn't add any beverage..however, a CM was right on top of the problem and he then rescanned the mug, and we went on with our day. Also, if you go over your time of fills, the machine will post a message saying that you no longer have time left.:rolleyes1 needless to say, this will help with people bringing back their mugs from another trip...We truly got our money's worth..:littleangel: as it was not under 90 degrees any day we were there....

Yeah - all I had heard previously was that you couldn't refill within a certain timeframe of a prior refill - you had to wait some (short) timespan before refilling...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards ... 09/2010 CBR Pirate Room ; 11/2012 POR Royal Room ; Early 2014 CS in planning process'

We stayed at ASMusic...Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, you can refill it as often as you need or want to during your stay and once you leave you can't use that mug again...Yes, I tried to fill my mug with coffee and there was little to none in the machine so I went to another machine and I had to wait like 45 seconds before I could add more, not sure why, but, I had to.

We stayed at ASMusic...Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, you can refill it as often as you need or want to during your stay and once you leave you can't use that mug again...Yes, I tried to fill my mug with coffee and there was little to none in the machine so I went to another machine and I had to wait like 45 seconds before I could add more, not sure why, but, I had to.

This is the first I've read that coffee is attached to the RFID mugs. Everything else I've seen says coffee, tea, iced tea and water are not part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter