CLOSED: Points for Rent: 76-126 Points starting at $9.50 PP, Use Before August 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're looking for a transfer of 66 points if that works. Thanks

Sorry, I don't do transfers. I know people "get away with it," but when I sign a contract I mean it. It baffles me that anyone can trust anyone else to complete a transaction that, by its nature, shows that they can not be expected to do what they said they'll do. I'm sorry if this offends you but this is what I think.

Respectfully,

Nathaniel

No problem if you don't like transfers. No need to be sorry and no offense taken.

I'm not sure I understand you mean about 'getting away with them' - I've always thought they are a safer transaction than renting for all parties involved. Is that not the case (if there is a downside I'd like to know)?

I'm not sure I understand you mean about 'getting away with them' - I've always thought they are a safer transaction than renting for all parties involved. Is that not the case (if there is a downside I'd like to know)?

By "getting away with it" I meant that it violates member guidelines. You are basically agreeing with one party to break an agreement to another.

By "getting away with it" I meant that it violates member guidelines. You are basically agreeing with one party to break an agreement to another.

Hmmm...

Still confused.

A transfer is when one member 'gives' points to another member as a one time transaction. It is allowed (member services wouldn't do it otherwise), but limited to one transaction per year. The terms are in your paperwork and on the member website. It is also a much safer transaction than renting for both parties.

If by 'violates member guidelines' you mean transfering in exchange for money I'll point out renting points is just as much a violation as transferring - all commercial transactions are. I'd think renting is worse so in a way - with a transfer your points at least go to someone who legitimately owns DVC, while with renting you are often giving the benefits of DVC Membership to a non owner. So again, I'm not sure what the issue is. :confused3

But hey, to each their own. :)

I am interested in 76-88 pts for 2 adults & 4 kids (8,6,3,1) for a 1 bdrm value or std. room for 5/31-6/3/09. I am too new with posting to give email yet. Thanks. -CTW

I am looking to rent 76-126 AKV points @ $9.50 PP for the first 76 points, and $10.50PP thereafter. These points must be used by July 31st. Reservation requests will be handled simultaneously until I'm out of points; no "holding" points.

Gone. Happy travels everyone.

:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter