• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*CLOSED*MOVED*Disboutiquers Part 11 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!!!! So many cool things posted!!!!

I just booked a studio at Saratoga Springs and flights too. Well the flights I just booked for DD and I, because hubby is not sure if he can get off. So even if I have to pay more for him later, I still got super cheap flights. Let me tell you, I cannot drive for what I got. Some aspects of a down economy are nice.

Anyway, we will be there April 28th through May 5th. I cannot wait to see the Flower Festival at Epcot. Any good custom ideas for that? Anyone going then that might like to meet up with a slightly deranged, but fun to be with lady and her feisty 4 year old?
I'll be at AKL with DS(8) 5/2 to 5/9

Is it sacriliage to belong to these creative boards and only plan one custom outfit per day?

Our last trip, I got so bogged down in 2 or 3 customs a day, plus pettiskirts, and hairbows and bracelets and necklaces. Then I had "back up " outfits in case there was spillage. I'm trying to pare down a bit. So how many outfits do you plan a day while at Disney?
Less than 1 a day for us and some are just iron on T's not sewn.

Here are a couple of mini dismeets:

The Lilys after getting their first haircuts ever (true, I swear) at the barbershop:

DSCN3675-1.jpg

Luke and Tessa finally meet: (he doesn't look happy or anything does he?) :lmao:

DSCN3628_edited-1.jpg
SO cute!!!

I have a question for all of you Northerners!!!!

Yesterday in class it was pointed out to me that ironing clothes on a daily basis is a Southern thing. So my question is Do you people who were born and raised up north iron your clothes on a daily basis or just for special occasions?
I won't sew without turning on my iron but I don't iron my own clothes too often.

Hmm. I know people that iron daily (for therapeutic reasons). Yeah, they're whack jobs! We iron about once a week. Hubby irons more than me. Oh, I was born in raised in the New Orleans burbs, but am in coastal Mississippi now. Hubs is from Kansas.

I had no clue northerners weren't big ironers. Interesting!

I've been gone for a day, and have almost 10 pages ot catch up on!! I hope I didn't miss anything, I just skimmed over the pages!!

I LOVED the storybook fabric from Walmart and had to make something with it.

IMG_3931-1.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

I've had this Caterpillar fabric for months now and finally got around to making something with it!! DD had so much fun taking pictures so you are going to get too many pictures!! (And don't worry TJ it was almost 40 out when we took pictures!! ;) )

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3900-1.jpg

And...DD's new toothless smile! She finally lost her first tooth!!

IMG_3875.jpg

Thank you guys for answering. I can't believe that is true. :lmao:Linnette said she doesn't iron either and I was wondering if it was true for other northerners.

that is the one of the good things about my job we can pay $5.00 a month and have our clothes starched and pressed but it is done by prisoners and they are not very careful about the buttons they are constantly breaking them.

Yesterday in class it was pointed out to me that ironing clothes on a daily basis is a Southern thing. So my question is Do you people who were born and raised up north iron your clothes on a daily basis or just for special occasions?

We are in Maryland- Mason Dixon line. We iron clothes everyday. My girls wear customs or smocked clothing. Maybe I have more of a Southern style of dressing my children but we do not "do" wrinkles! LOL

Ok here are some pictures that I have been meaning to post, you'd think that not working I would have more time!
Anyway first up is the last Big Give outfits I did ( They are for Noah and his brother Joshua)
DSCF4175.jpg

DSCF4172.jpg

DSCF4174.jpg

I think it is Hilarious and very coincendental that so many also went bowling with the family on V-day! :laughing: We also went bowling. It was the kids first time and we all had fun. Ds did sit out a few frames as he pinched a finger in the balls. But has been asking when we are going again so he isn't scarred for life! Here's a great shot for you all.
DSCF4186.jpg

And here's from today, we went to the childrens museum as the clifford exhibit just opened and the kids have been pestering me to go!
DSCF4263.jpg

DSCF4282.jpg

As you can see we had a great day! :goodvibes
I've catching up a little at a time. And I wanted to say CONGRATS on the baby news!!! We just found out one our friends is pregnant too. She is due the end of august!
The disney Meet looked like so much fun, I'm bummed I couldn't be there too! And I bet the rest of the vacations were just as fun! I'm adding those TR's to my subscription list!!
And of course everyones newest creations are great!!
Oh I love these!! These look awesome! Love the bowling pic too.

I am still in tooth agony, I am now in my third antibiotic, as the dentist refuses to do anything until infection clears more, today I got up to a fever and a swollen face:confused3 I am about to do like Tom Hanks in Cast Away and do the job myself:scared1: :scared1:

it makes it hard to do much sewing but today I did a little sewing for the give that I am participating on

this shirt is really a labor of love::love:

MY MOTHER : MADE THE PATTERN FOR ME and
BETH (MOUSETRIPPER): SEND ME THE MICKEY FABRIC
and I did the sewing...

2008_02130019.jpg

back:
2008_02130022.jpg

for the girl I made the halter top, Capri pants, scrunchie and a handbag
2008_02150012.jpg

the handbag is purple (girls favorite color) and the bias tape is purple too ( hate my new camera!!!)

just to share
as I was doing a little cleaning I found this outfit I made for my son's christening..
2008_02130002.jpg
Oh Linnette, I sure hope you start to feel better VERY SOON!!!!
Ohh I love ALL the new things you made. It is so cool to see what you made with that Mickey denim patch fabric. I was wondering what you would come up with..I just LOVE it!!!

Oh and that Christening outfit is ADORABLE!!! Did you make the patterns for that??? I so need one of those for when we baptize our son!!!! It is beautiful. I am in LOVE with it. :cloud9:

I've been gone for a day, and have almost 10 pages ot catch up on!! I hope I didn't miss anything, I just skimmed over the pages!!

IMG_3931-1.jpg

Isn't this fabric the best! I have had it on my table for a month. I really cannot wait to do something with it but have to finish up some things for our trip. Han's favorite is Little Red.

I've had this Caterpillar fabric for months now and finally got around to making something with it!! DD had so much fun taking pictures so you are going to get too many pictures!! (And don't worry TJ it was almost 40 out when we took pictures!! ;) )

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

This is really cute. I love how you tried a new pattern with this dress. Very cute and love the toothless smile. :) I need to make a new VHC top for Hannah. She has outgrown her one from September.

*** One more thing about ironing. I actually have three ironing surfaces. I have a mini board that is hung up in my art studio, the full size board and a mat. LOL I never never never iron my DH's stuff. That is what the cleaners are for! :)***

Hello!

I made my first Disney creation tonight. It's not fabulous but it was easy to make. I'm not crazy about the pink cuff. It was a nice idea but it makes it a lot longer. It's not really messed up in the front as it appears, it's the way she's standing ;) It will work though. Now I hope it will be warm enough to wear it in two weeks :rotfl:

She was a little goofy tonight for the picture!

TFL:)
What happened to the picture, I wanna see..!!

I gear these patterns to busy moms, so I go with the technique that gives the best possible results in the least amount of time :) .
And this is exactly why I LOVE you Carla...LOL....you ROCK!!! :cool1:

Here is a dress I made for my niece with a reversible head band.

I have shorts cut out of the blue for my nephew and now I need to find a white shirt to match and I may applique a patch of the pooh material on it.

Do you think the bucket hat of these 2 materials is too girlie for a 2 yr old boy???
IMG_0791.jpg
That is adorable!!! I have some of that fabric somewhere...I might have to try something similar!!!

Well we are less than 24 hours from being at WDW. I am getting ready to pack but know better than to pack without showing pictures! I attempted my first appliques(just the simple mickey heads) but I want to thank Heather for her great tutorial!!!! It is amazing at how much better my appliques got by the time I was done! Practice does make perfect!:thumbsup2 Ok here we go her are the boys shirts and a few for me and my DH. I am sure he will love to find out that these have been packed for him!:rotfl2:

Epcot shirts

IMG_3227.jpg

DHS shirts

IMG_3228.jpg

AK shirts

IMG_3229.jpg

MK shirts

IMG_3230.jpg

Nemo shirts prob for Epcot

IMG_3231.jpg

and the last shirts for the boys...a monsters inc shirt for my older son and I have to try to find a green shirt for my little guy today or a suitable alternative at this point. Also a jacket for my little guy.

IMG_3232.jpg

Sorry the pics are huge I don't have time to go thru and resize all of them! Up next my DD's outfits
EVERYTHING is amazing....you have been VERY busy!!!!

Here are my DD's outfits. Her fav is the AK outfit and the Monsters Inc. I was pretty proud of myself for getting all of these outfits and shirts done in 2 weeks time!

Up first a Tink outfit(my first Simply Sweet and I love this pattern now!) probably for the same day the boys wear Nemo, Epcot(totally CASED Snubie's, Thanks!) and a MK shirt.

IMG_3224.jpg

I love this mickey shirt made from a valance that I got from goodwill for 50 cents! That shirt is for MK and then her AK dress and a Minnie shirt.

IMG_3225.jpg

And up last her DHS shirts. Not thrilled with her toy story outfit but oh well it is done!

IMG_3226.jpg
Ohh I love, love, love the red Mickey shirt...so stinkin' cute!

Love everything posted !
I have been sewing like a crazy woman trying to get Camden's B-day outfit all finished for today for His 6th Birthday:woohoo:
Here is his finished Monster Trucks (as he requested) :thumbsup2
IMG_1385.jpg

I think he loves It...
IMG_1388.jpg

His Pants with his Faux pocket with his name on it (as he requested ):rotfl:
IMG_1379.jpg

and a close up of his Monster Truck(This was a challenge for me )
IMG_1380.jpg

I will be back on later to catch up i am exhausted:eek: i am gonna jump back into bed for a bit....
Awww happy birthday to him!!! He is so cute, I love his new birthday shirt and jeans!!!

Guess What?????

I tried on a Mickey Cutie tee shirt that I bought at the Disney Store last year. It is 10 pounds away from fitting or 40 sticks of butter. ;) Anyway . . . Brett said, I like that I would wear it. I cracked up because - 1. It was a girls shirt and 2. He has veheminantly stated he will not wear Disney shirts even at WDW.

I should do the treasured pictures angle. That might work!
:lmao:

2 Weeks and counting down.

I do have outfits finished but I want to post pictures of us wearing them. I am ready to give up on that idea.

Here is the matching yet different pirate outfits. I don't have a cheap gold hoop earring but plan to buy it and put it in the ear. So here is a dress earrring instead.
2pirateoutfits.jpg

3pirateoutfits.jpg
Ohh I love these!!!!! I really need to get that bowling shirt pattern!!

Hunter lost his first tooth last evening. He wanted me to tye a string and then attach it to the cat:scared1: I had the cat held down and it got away so I just ended up using my fingers.

The tooth fairy came and left him 1 of every coin and $1. The tooth right next to it is going to be out before we leave.

I only wish I had some Disney dollars to give him.
Hunterstooth.jpg
Aww I had to take a double look at this picture of your handsome lil' guy....this picture looks just like my brother when he was little. Gosh, I should try to scan in an old picture to show you!!!

This is the dress I designed and could not get the bodice to fit correctly. After many frustrated days, I did get it the way I like it. I love batik but it does wrinkle badly. I am sure happy they will have irons. I have also washed it a few times so it doesn't bleed when wearing it.

Skortandshirt.jpg

Skort showing short part
3polyoutfits.jpg

Polydress.jpg

Back with shirring
Those are all cute!!!

This is for Epcot as we have ADR's at Teppan Edo's for dinner. Please, any suggestions on what to do with the shirt? I am sure to put another shirt under it as the V is deep.

EpcotDragons2outfits.jpg

I did finish Hunter's shirt for Nemo but asked Mom to pick me up a matching T-shirt. The one I had is the one in with the batik and it looked faded. Tomorrow I will have the T and the applique is ready to go on.

I do have another pirate outfit but I still have the applique skull and crossbones to do. Thanks Crystal for the great graphic!

I thought to make Darth and Star wars helmets on shirts but now Hunter is changing his mind so much that I don't know what to make for DHS. Once again, suggestions?
Everything is wonderful..you have been busy!!

Tired of my posts yet? I am starting to get tired.
Here is the AK outfits that went bad...very bad. I ran out of fabric, could not buy anymore, had to split the skirt into a panel skirt instead of regular, then the black fabric doesn't match and finally, Hunter's mickey head looks like it got ran over in a stampeed!

I am thinking of taking out the head and putting a regular white mickey head with a hat, would that be a good fix?
AKfabric.jpg

FrontAKoutfits.jpg

BackofAKoutfits.jpg

Ok, no more outfits, well I have 1 more pirate set to finish but I won't post again till tomorrow.
Again, love it all.

The Lilys after getting their first haircuts ever (true, I swear) at the barbershop:

DSCN3675-1.jpg

Luke and Tessa finally meet: (he doesn't look happy or anything does he?) :lmao:

DSCN3628_edited-1.jpg

Love the customs and the pics!

Oh HE%% NO!!! I literally live about 4 miles from the Mason Dixon Line, and that technically makes me a Southerner, but honey a damp towel thrown in with the wrinkled clothes in a dryer beats a stinky old iron any day!!! WEll except this weekend out washer started smoking, so we decided to replace both the washer and the dryer ( they were each 20 years old, I think we got our moneys worth out of them) anyway, sorry for the rambling...we got the dryer that has the "steam" option. We can now throw things in the dryer, push a little button, and it "mists" the clothes and they come out looking ironed. My family will be in shock. I don't believe in wrinkles, but don't believe in irons either, so this is a WONDERFUL invention. I'm pretty sure a woman invented this:)

IMG_3931-1.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

This fabric seems to be the big exciting fabric here lately. I just love it. I'm gonna take a peek at my Wallyworld tomorrow. Your top looks elegant. I really like how you paired it with the simple dots. Did you find the dots fabric at Wallys too?

Thanks again to whoever's idea it was to do this! It made my day! Just in case someone on here reading this hasn't seen the directions I will summarize them for you - increase your tension as high as it can go and lengthen your stitch to as long as you can go and sew VERY slowly and your fabric will ruffle all by itself! It is so wonderful! Thanks again to whoever came up with the idea, I'm really so excited about it!

CandiceNicole posted that! I LOVE that tip!!!

[
I just really don't like VD at all.

Most people don't!!! :rotfl2:

I tried the tension/stitch length ruffling technique- to try to get a ruffle, but my machine didnt ruffle anything.

You kind of have to just let the fabric go, try not to touch it to much other than guiding it a bit. If I try to handle it the way I usually do when sewing, it doesn't ruffle. I woldn't give up on it yet.

So I haven't been on here for some time because I am the lady making the 14 cushions for my friends dance studio. So after 6 months of hard work I HAVE FINISHED THE CUSHIONS!!! That's right I have actually finished making 14 30X23 cushions! Of course I forgot to take a picture of them in the dance studio, but they are done. .

It's nice to see you back!
You can certainly do it that way if you want the inside to have more of a couture look. I would recommend hand stitching the lining into place rather than trying to catch it in the topstitching, though. You want the lining to stay perfectly flat. I don't include that finishing technique in the ebook because 1) it is already a huge eBook and 2) I personally find hand stitching tedious, and no one sees the inside of my kid's clothes anyway. I gear these patterns to busy moms, so I go with the technique that gives the best possible results in the least amount of time :) .
Carla, I can't even tell you how relieved I was to see that you didn't tell us to do that!!! It was so freeing to have "permission" to do it that way!!! :thumbsup2 I always hated topstitching or handstitching the lining down in dresses! And, like you said, it really doesn't make any difference at all in how the outfit looks.

We are having a bad weekend. My 16 year old cat (my first baby) is lost. He got out on Saturday. We've put up a ton of fliers and walked the neighborhood looking for him with no luck. He's siamese so if he was stuck somewhere I would hear him and he always comes when I call him. I just hate not knowing what has happened to him.
I'm so sorry! I hope your kitty comes back soon! Like Heather said, Foster, my kitty has been lost twice. The first time he was gone for over 2 weeks when we got a call from somene in a town over an hour away telling us they had found him! And, the last time he was gone for 3 months when someone found him. So, don't give up hope yet!

I 2nd that!:thumbsup2 Hey, we only live 2 hours away from each other!

And, she is very close to Leslie!

Just wanted to say hi!!! I haven't posted in FOREVER! but I have been continuing to lurk! Just wanted to share some pics of my girls! I had their pictures taken Saturday and they turned out so cute! Just click on the link below and then click on Adkinson:
http://www.kaybrownphotography.com/...on=search&showall=true&eventid=&size=fullsize
Hope everyone is doing well! I hope to be planning a trip before the end of the year, so maybe I will be around more!

Mindy:)

Hi! I was wondering how you were!! I love thos pictures, especially the kissing one and the petti ones! Your babies are getting bigger!!!

I have been lurking for awhile. Getting ideas for my mom who will be making some customs for our trip in May. Beautiful things. I also joined the Big Give website. Am not to crafty but can buy Pixie Dust like the best of them. Had to come out of lurkdom to tell Heather and Teresa how much I love ur trip reports.Just awesome!! We are going about the same time this year. And I have one that is about to turn 5. Heather, I have an issue with APA during pg. Has on Heparin for 16 weeks with my younger one. I really hope that my girls will be as close as you 2 are when they are older. Back to reading!!

Aww, thank you!! When will you be going to Disney? We will be there from the 5-16

I just booked a studio at Saratoga Springs and flights too. Well the flights I just booked for DD and I, because hubby is not sure if he can get off. So even if I have to pay more for him later, I still got super cheap flights. Let me tell you, I cannot drive for what I got. Some aspects of a down economy are nice.

Anyway, we will be there April 28th through May 5th. I cannot wait to see the Flower Festival at Epcot. Any good custom ideas for that? Anyone going then that might like to meet up with a slightly deranged, but fun to be with lady and her feisty 4 year old?

WAA :sad1:

So close, so close, and yet, sooo far....
Are you SURE you won't stay an extra day???

So, did Luke and Tessa go to City Hall and get married while they were there?
:rotfl2:
Too funny!
Hi! Can I join in your fun? I've been lurking a bit, looking at all the fabulous outfits you've all made. I'm so glad I read about CarlaC's patterns - I tried the Simply Sweet dress & love it. So easy to put together & so many different looks I can do with it.

We're leaving next Wednesday for our trip, surprising the kids when we're almost there. We're planning to tell them we're going to visit an "old friend" in Florida. Technically, not a lie, as the old friend will be Mickey. :woohoo:

I need to get in gear & make the last couple of outfits I have in mind for DD, as well as some shorts for my boys. Here's what I've done so far for DD:

Simply Sweet Tinkerbell dress, using a pillowcase as the front bodice piece (I think I might add a Euro ruffle out of the green dotted fabric along the seam between the bodice & skirt):

tinkerbell.jpg
tinkerbell%20back.jpg

Studio Tantrum Hermosa top & Redondo skirt, for Animal Kingdom:

animal%20kingdom%20top%20and%20skirt.jpg

Little Einsteins dress:

little%20einsteins%20dress.jpg

Really cute outfits!! :welcome:

Wow, what are you wearing that you have to iron everyday??? Sweaters and sweatshirts don't need ironed, I don't iron my sweatpants or my jeans. If I have something that is wrinkled, I iron it. Corey irons everyday, because he only wears button up shirts.

Obviously I iron a lot while I'm sewing. I HATE the look of unpressed seams! :scared1: I figure if you are going to go to the trouble of sewing something, make it look nice.

Thank you guys for answering. I can't believe that is true. :lmao:Linnette said she doesn't iron either and I was wondering if it was true for other northerners.

Yep, we are just a bunch of unpressed bumpkins! :rotfl2:

Is it sacriliage to belong to these creative boards and only plan one custom outfit per day?

Our last trip, I got so bogged down in 2 or 3 customs a day, plus pettiskirts, and hairbows and bracelets and necklaces. Then I had "back up " outfits in case there was spillage. I'm trying to pare down a bit. So how many outfits do you plan a day while at Disney?
ONE!!!! LOL...I am a VERY slow seamstress...actually I wouldn't even call myself one. Just a wanna-be seamstress here!! :rotfl2:

We will just miss you by a few days. :sad1:
Here is the Vida I made for Flower and Garden:
FRONT
MayFlowersvida003.jpg

BACK
MayFlowersvida005.jpg
STUNNING!!!!

Here is my first Simply Sweet. The top fits better without a shirt under it- This is the size 2. Easy Fit pants, size 3, with 1 inch added to the top and 1 inch subtracted from the bottom, before adding the cuff.

Here is the back

She wanted a picture with one of our dogs

She was getting into the idea of posing and is looking for my shoulder now to see herself
Awe so sweet!!! She looks adorable!

CINDEE!!!I'm still trying to decide if I'll do a TR or not. I do have lots of customs I didn't have time to post photos of before I left though, so I'll try to get something into photobucket.
I definitely vote for a TR from you!!!

DSCN3675-1.jpg

DSCN3628_edited-1.jpg
Omgosh these are both adorable pictures!!!

I love all the cute pictures and the trip reports from your dis meet! The kids are so dang cute.

I did keep going today because I knew this was going to be a shirt that would take several tries. This is the very first one so I know it is bad. DH did print in reverse for me and I also need to fix a few things but Hunter is so sweet he just loves it.

darthshirt.jpg
I think it turned out great!

Hi! Can I join in your fun? I've been lurking a bit, looking at all the fabulous outfits you've all made. I'm so glad I read about CarlaC's patterns - I tried the Simply Sweet dress & love it. So easy to put together & so many different looks I can do with it.

We're leaving next Wednesday for our trip, surprising the kids when we're almost there. We're planning to tell them we're going to visit an "old friend" in Florida. Technically, not a lie, as the old friend will be Mickey. :woohoo:

I need to get in gear & make the last couple of outfits I have in mind for DD, as well as some shorts for my boys. Here's what I've done so far for DD:

Simply Sweet Tinkerbell dress, using a pillowcase as the front bodice piece (I think I might add a Euro ruffle out of the green dotted fabric along the seam between the bodice & skirt):

tinkerbell.jpg
tinkerbell%20back.jpg

animal%20kingdom%20top%20and%20skirt.jpg

Little Einsteins dress:

little%20einsteins%20dress.jpg
Oh your DD is so cute! I love the dresses you made for her!!

IMG_3931-1.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg
Ohh I love the way this turned out. I love the fabrics you chose to use together. I think it is darling!

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3900-1.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg
This is really cute too, what a little ham you have there....she is adorable.

From MI (but born in IA, with a quick stint of living in AZ) - and no, isn't that what dryers are for?

Emily

:rotfl2: if you consider Philly north - then no way!!!!! I love that downy wrinkle releaser!!! I only iron when sewing or doing iron ons for trips!!!:lmao:

As a fellow northerner, I second that Wendy!!!

Up until I started making my daughter's dresses I couldn't even find the iron! I tend to buy things that don't need it and I would like ot keep it that way! The last thing I need is another thing to do EVERYDAY! I already have enough of that. :rotfl:

Tifani (Tberi) if you are still with us...I was hoping to CASE your AK outfit for Little. If it's ok with you, what fabric did you use and where did you find it?

We pretty much NEVER iron. Only for special occasions or if something is embarrassingly :blush: wrinkly...like maybe sat clean wadded in a laundry basket for a week...now that never happens at my house. :rolleyes1 My Mom NEVER irons. We even had to take our graduation robes to a cousins house to have them ironed!:rotfl:

As a fellow northerner, I second that Wendy!!!

Up until I started making my daughter's dresses I couldn't even find the iron! I tend to buy things that don't need it and I would like ot keep it that way! The last thing I need is another thing to do EVERYDAY! I already have enough of that. :rotfl:

Well, I was born and rasied in the South, but have been up North for the last 10 years or so. I ironed just about everyday when I was a teen/college girl, but that is because I wore a lot of things made of wrinkle prone fabrics like rayon and linen. Now I'm pretty much all knit, all the time - LOL!

When DH wore chef coats to work, I had to iron those everyday - :mad: .
Now he wears khakis and oxfords. I bought him a bunch of the wrinkle-free ones from LL Bean, and he goes out of the house looking crisp and perfect without any ironing. I love technology :cool1: !

Nope! I need to show him pics of Lin. I bought him some solid Polo shirts this weekend. JC Penny's had a really good sale. He likes their Dockers so I picked up some shirts too. I bought him a pink Polo shirt that he HAS to wear of Han's birthday. I also bought some solid tee shirts. Mickey and friends might magically appear on those. LOL
I plan on embroidering some polo shirts or Tshirt for George for AK. When we where in WDW in Nov I kept trying to get George to get a shirt or sweat shirt and he kept saying NO. Then he thought it was going to be warm out and wore sorts and it was FREEZING out and we had ADRS for the outside Luau so he was forced to buy a great Grumpy sweat shirt that we both love now!

LOVE the dress!
I have some of that pooh fabric and was thinking this weekend that it would be cute with the round neck pattern :)
It's great, I hope you don't mind if I copy you :)
Not at all go right ahead! i can't wait to see it! I sent a picture to my cousin and my niece saw it and apparently got all excited and asked if she could wear in NOW so I guess I need to ship it out sooner rather then later. I wanted to make a few more things for her and ship them all together, But being the aunt and not the mom I get to spoil and if Anya wants her dress ow Anya can have her dress now! LOL

Just wanted to say hi!!!:wave2: I haven't posted in FOREVER! but I have been continuing to lurk! Just wanted to share some pics of my girls! I had their pictures taken Saturday and they turned out so cute! Just click on the link below and then click on Adkinson:
http://www.kaybrownphotography.com/...on=search&showall=true&eventid=&size=fullsize
Hope everyone is doing well! I hope to be planning a trip before the end of the year, so maybe I will be around more!

Mindy:)
Adorable pics! I love the ones with the polka dot peasant top!

MinnieVanMom; All the outfits came out great!!!!! Yeah on Hunters 1st tooth!!!!

Congrats on the booking! I might need to check flight prices I keep hearing about all of these great deals!
I LOVE this fabric everytime I see it! Now, if only I could find it and buy it myself! This is cute.
My vote would be for an all blue (or maybe 2 tone blue, with a deeper shade) and you could applique a pooh on the hat. 2 is border line- they are getting old enough to have opinions and I would guess he might be more partial to the primary colored pooh. Thats just my opinion and can be totally disregarded! I cant wait to see what you make!

Okay, Im off to upload photos!
I may just make the bucket hat and if it is too grilie my niece can just wear it. so either way it gets used. I just feel so bad because I have found all of this great fabric for her and very few things for him. I know he is only 2 but I can't have him thinking Aunt Marlo loves Anya more because she makes her more things. you know? Yes I know he is only 2 but what happened when he looks back and sees pictures he needs to have the same amount of stuff as his sister. When he gets a little older I can send him a little car if I can't find the right material but still! Oh the guilt! LOL

Eyore4Ever149;
Here is my first Simply Sweet. The top fits better without a shirt under it- This is the size 2. Easy Fit pants, size 3, with 1 inch added to the top and 1 inch subtracted from the bottom, before adding the cuff.

Very cute kitties! Love the simply sweet! I can't wait to make one!

th_DSCN3675-1.jpg

th_DSCN3628_edited-1.jpg
Very cute! Love the pink glitter! and what a cute couple Tessa and Luke make!

Marlo, I am so CASEing this for Jenna. It is too cute. :thumbsup2
Case away! My 1st case and it is a double one! I feel honored!!! I really can't wait to see my niece in it I wish I could post a picture of her in it but my cousin would freak. Just picture an cute little girl with beautiful olive skin and TONS of DARK DARK wave hair and BIG brown eyes! Can you tell that my niece and nephew have Aunt Marlo wrapped around their little fingers?

th_tinkerbell.jpg
th_tinkerbell%20back.jpg

th_animal%20kingdom%20top%20and%20skirt.jpg

Little Einsteins dress:

th_little%20einsteins%20dress.jpg
all are adorable but I live the studio tantrum one ! My Nikki would LOVE that one!

Ok I am originally from NI but lived in GA for 10 yrs. Well my mom who is originally from NJ ALWAYS ironed EVERYTHING! Her ironing board is out all the time!!! She even irons jeans! Well she swore that I had to rebel and make it my life's mission to be the opposite of her and iron NOTHING! Love the dryer method that everyone has mentioned! Or the wrinkle rid! She used to literally undress the id when they where babies if we were at her house to iron their clothes. I did used to iron George's clothes for work when we where 1st married because we couldn't afford the dry cleaners. Now that I sew I do iron more. That is because the iron is out all the time.

Oh and George's grandma even irons sheets and underwear!!!! Ok she might not count even though she lives in NJ because she is originally from the Ukraine!

Oh and even my dad who was from NJ ironed all the time! So i guess my parents where the only northerner to iron!

th_IMG_3931-1.jpg
Both outfits are adorable! Love the new toothless smile!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter