CLOSED - FRIDGE IS LOST *FREE ALL STAR Saved a Sinking FRIDGE & Coffee Pot Swap!!!

I'm a dialysis technician.. go figure:rotfl:...
I've been a tech for a little over 12 years now, and trust me, most are stubborn, yes, but they honestly make for the most fun patients, too. Tell him we aren't that bad...

I will certainly tell him while I'm there but not sure it will do any good. Part of the problem is he watched his mother go thru dialysis back in the OLD days (like, over 50 years ago) and those memories are not good ones. Can I ship him to you? LOL!

Gina

I will certainly tell him while I'm there but not sure it will do any good. Part of the problem is he watched his mother go thru dialysis back in the OLD days (like, over 50 years ago) and those memories are not good ones. Can I ship him to you? LOL!

Gina

and I can only imagine what memories he has of dialysis. It was just starting back then and the machines were huge!
Technology has taken over, machines are a lot more efficient, and it isn't as bad as it once was.. I have TONS of older patients who don't want to be here (old farmers, some bikers, a retired cop, lots of different personalities) and they all sit around talking about it, how they hate being her. Then they'll sit and talk about something the 'grand kids' were doing over the weekend, and how being here is worth it.:lovestruc
Good luck with it, and him, and everything.

Difficult on multiple levels. These are my Dad's parents who didn't want much to do with my sister and I after our Mom divorced their son and moved us to Oregon several years later. My boys (13 and 16) have only met them once and my sister hasn't seen them in over 15 years. But it's family and I think it's important that the 4 generations spend some time together before it's too late. Our father is flying up from New Mexico so it will be a multi-generational dysfunction party :rotfl:!!

Grandpa has only had 1 kidney since he was a very young man. He is now 89 and in kidney failure. Too old for transplant and too stubborn for dialysis.

Ok, thanks for listening to my rambling....

Gina, How are you holding up? Sometimes it is better to just let go! I know that my MIL would have choosen to live but her body had other ideas and she was very much at peace with it, It was a matter of being at peace with her future and what her quailty of life would be. She was only in pain for just a few days. Her transition was quick and peaceful.

I am praying for God's will, which isn't always healing. I will pray that you find peace and healing in the past, as well as, in your future. Lois

Happy Friday everyone! I am off to work then straight to the airport (please pray that we make our flight!!!).

Feel free to help keep this thread towards the top...we still have some BIG gaps to fill in if at all possible.

Take care and I will check in next week.

Gina

Just a bumb to keep us on page one! Check out Post 1 on Page one to see which dates are still open!!

Anyone looking for a free fridge? This one lives at allstar music but can be used at any of the all star resorts. Open dates can be located in post one of this thread.

2009 AVAILABLE DATES:
July 4-8; 17-25
August 1-9
September 7-11 FREE DINING
October 11-13; 23-31 Halloween
November 1-7
December 5-8; 28-30
January 8-30, 2010
and so on.....

Just posting again, in case anything becomes available....

I'm back. 23saralynn left me a voicemail that she got the fridge OK.

OPEN: JULY 4-8 and JULY 17-25!! It's Not Too Late To Join!!!

:banana::banana:Unless we have someone for the 4-8 I AM NEXT!!! Never thought I would see this day. Lois

Looking for a July DISer to pick up the fridge begining 7/17!!!

Come on there has to be someone who is going to be staying at the Allstar resorts that needs or would like to have a fridge to use.

Check post 1 for all available dates!!!!!

Important Reminder: If you are leaving the fridge in storage for the next person, its is EXTREMELY important to begin defrosting the fridge/freezer the day before. Otherwise the next swapper gets a smelly fridge full of moldy/mildewy water.

July 17-25 is OPEN!!!
August 1-11 is OPEN!!!

Well it looks like if no one picks it up July 17, I'll be next!!!! Who will give Grandma4ever my info? It looks like she is already there. I'm a little nervous. Should I get the person who will have it behind me. I can't believe no one wants that frig that week. That is just crazy to me!!!!

Well it looks like if no one picks it up July 17, I'll be next!!!! Who will give Grandma4ever my info? It looks like she is already there. I'm a little nervous. Should I get the person who will have it behind me. I can't believe no one wants that frig that week. That is just crazy to me!!!!

Grandma4ever aka Lois has all of your info. I have her cell # should we be able to fill in some of the gap. No one is signed up after you either :sad2: and I will be in touch regarding who you will swap to.

How exciting for you!!!

SWAPPERS: djm99 brings up a good point.

I work very hard on keeping everyone up to date with who they are swapping from and too. BUT last Friday night I drove myself to the ER and had emergency surgery that night and just got home after 6 days in the hospital. I would hate for the swap to go haywire just because I am out of pocket for a bit.

Soooo, should you not know the info for the swap, and you have not heard from me, please refer to page #1, post #1 and send a PM to the DIS'er on either side of you.

Ok, just to vent. Guess what day my 90 days ADR mark was?? Yep, July 4th, which I missed because I was having surgery!! Uggh. I got home this morning and made my ressies online and fortunately didn't have any problems getting what we wanted. I just can't believe my luck sometimes!

Gina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter