• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CLOSED - FRIDGE IS LOST *FREE ALL STAR Saved a Sinking FRIDGE & Coffee Pot Swap!!!

I would love to bring out any supplies that might be needed when I come in July. How are the index cards and tape holding out? Gina can you give me a list of what we use and I will be happy to bring them out. Lois

I sent "holidaybarb" an email asking her to update me on the supplies status when she gets back. I will let you know. Thank you for offering!!

Gina

I would love to bring out any supplies that might be needed when I come in July. How are the index cards and tape holding out? Gina can you give me a list of what we use and I will be happy to bring them out. Lois

I had it until the 20th. The cards are still good, and the coffee pot does NOT need filters, lol.. There are two whole packs in it, along with some cups and plates that came in it, and I in turn passed onto the next swapper after me. Maybe more tape and a marker? The one 'handle' is getting a little flimsey, so might want to secure it a little better on the outside of the box. The marker was starting to seem like it was drying up when I wrote with it.
other than that, everything went good, and supplies are still good. The automatic drip/stop no longer works on it, the o-ring at the drip part of it is shot/dry-rotted, so you have to wait for it to finish purculating to get your first cup in the morning:headache:, but all was well for us!:thumbsup2

I had it until the 20th. The cards are still good, and the coffee pot does NOT need filters, lol.. There are two whole packs in it, along with some cups and plates that came in it, and I in turn passed onto the next swapper after me. Maybe more tape and a marker? The one 'handle' is getting a little flimsey, so might want to secure it a little better on the outside of the box. The marker was starting to seem like it was drying up when I wrote with it.
other than that, everything went good, and supplies are still good. The automatic drip/stop no longer works on it, the o-ring at the drip part of it is shot/dry-rotted, so you have to wait for it to finish purculating to get your first cup in the morning:headache:, but all was well for us!:thumbsup2

What color tape are we using, Purple or lime green?

It's all covered in the Lime Green!:thumbsup2

Awe, yes, the lime green duct tape. I purchased it a Walmart and had myself a tape party while I was down there last August. I must say that I am surprised (knock on wood) that the box has held up. It could have used more tape back in August but I only brought one roll.

Lois: Would you mind slapping some lime green on the coffee pot box as well?

So it sounds like we need a new permanent marker, more clear packaging tape for securing the name labels (index cards) and some lime green duct tape to give our box a reinforcement job.

bwatlas: Did you have a wonderful time? I see the temp today was supposed to be 100 degrees :eek:!!

Awe, yes, the lime green duct tape. I purchased it a Walmart and had myself a tape party while I was down there last August. I must say that I am surprised (knock on wood) that the box has held up. It could have used more tape back in August but I only brought one roll.

Lois: Would you mind slapping some lime green on the coffee pot box as well?

So it sounds like we need a new permanent marker, more clear packaging tape for securing the name labels (index cards) and some lime green duct tape to give our box a reinforcement job.

bwatlas: Did you have a wonderful time? I see the temp today was supposed to be 100 degrees :eek:!!

I will get the supplies and retape both boxes as needed. Clear tap for the lables and at least one sharpie marker. We should be good to go. Lois

I will get the supplies and retape both boxes as needed. Clear tap for the lables and at least one sharpie marker. We should be good to go. Lois

Lois, you ROCK but then we already knew that!!

I will be out of touch June 26 to July 1. Heading to California to see my ill grandfather.

If anyone is interested in joining this swap while I am away, just send me a private message and I will be in touch ASAP.

Gina

The coffee pot is covered in the Lime Green tape... The fridge box is in need of some re-inforcement.

Had an OK time.. Thanks for asking. Yes, it was HOT (freezer works well on fridge for making ice bottles, too;)) when we were there and had 98-100 degree days, ugh! Being from central PA mountains, we're lucky to hit 90 in the summer here. But, at least there was always a breeze, can't say that I noticed the heat that much. Just kept hydrated and kept walking through the sprayers they have at all the parks.

Lois, you ROCK but then we already knew that!!

I will be out of touch June 26 to July 1. Heading to California to see my ill grandfather.

If anyone is interested in joining this swap while I am away, just send me a private message and I will be in touch ASAP.

Gina
Sounds like a hard thing to do! You will have my prayers that you can do what needs to be done and find peace in whatever is going to happen.

The coffee pot is covered in the Lime Green tape..
I trust it is the box that is covered in lime green tape and not the pot. LOL

Thank you for caring for our coffe pot and our fridge! Lois

Is it too early for December dates?

We are staying at All Star Music, Dec 1-7.

ETA: It looks as those dates are taken. Please add me to the waitlist.

Please let me know.
Thanks!

P.S. Does anyone know if we are eligible for a fridge at no cost. We will have a 2 month old and I will need a place to store pumped milk to take with us!

Sounds like a hard thing to do! You will have my prayers that you can do what needs to be done and find peace in whatever is going to happen.

I trust it is the box that is covered in lime green tape and not the pot. LOL

Thank you for caring for our coffe pot and our fridge! Lois

Sorry:rotfl:...
Yes, just the box, not the pot.

Just wanted to say thanks for the laugh! I needed it this morning. Hope you have a wonderful and productive day.

Just noticed your signature (ok, noticed it before, just finally read it:goodvibes).. Did our first cruise in March, and we LOVED it! DD is 16, so actually we enjoyed that more than WDW, but don't tell anybody... Let's just say our GG at WDW was a little.. um..:crowded: to say the least, too.

Just noticed your signature (ok, noticed it before, just finally read it:goodvibes).. Did our first cruise in March, and we LOVED it! DD is 16, so actually we enjoyed that more than WDW, but don't tell anybody... Let's just say our GG at WDW was a little.. um..:crowded: to say the least, too.

To be honest the grandkids are upset that this not a cruise but the cruise is so much more in the summer and I am no longer allowed to pull them out of school. They are 15 and 13. So to WDW we will go and I have my ways of forcing them to at least act like they like it. 2010 we will be back on our home away from home the magic.!

Is it too early for December dates?

We are staying at All Star Music, Dec 1-7.

ETA: It looks as those dates are taken. Please add me to the waitlist.

Please let me know.
Thanks!

P.S. Does anyone know if we are eligible for a fridge at no cost. We will have a 2 month old and I will need a place to store pumped milk to take with us!

From what others have told me recently, you should be able to get a fridge at no charge from Disney. I would call and ask the hotel directly.

You are welcome to use our fridge December 5, 6 and 7.

Gina

Difficult on multiple levels. These are my Dad's parents who didn't want much to do with my sister and I after our Mom divorced their son and moved us to Oregon several years later. My boys (13 and 16) have only met them once and my sister hasn't seen them in over 15 years. But it's family and I think it's important that the 4 generations spend some time together before it's too late. Our father is flying up from New Mexico so it will be a multi-generational dysfunction party :rotfl:!!

Grandpa has only had 1 kidney since he was a very young man. He is now 89 and in kidney failure. Too old for transplant and too stubborn for dialysis.

Ok, thanks for listening to my rambling....

Difficult on multiple levels. These are my Dad's parents who didn't want much to do with my sister and I after our Mom divorced their son and moved us to Oregon several years later. My boys (13 and 16) have only met them once and my sister hasn't seen them in over 15 years. But it's family and I think it's important that the 4 generations spend some time together before it's too late. Our father is flying up from New Mexico so it will be a multi-generational dysfunction party :rotfl:!!

Grandpa has only had 1 kidney since he was a very young man. He is now 89 and in kidney failure. Too old for transplant and too stubborn for dialysis.

My mother passed at 73 from complications from Kidney failure. Try not to let the family disfuction get to you and remember that you are making memories for yourself. You will have my thoughts and prayers. Family is important even when we do not like what is going on. I often say that I love my kids but right now I really do not like them. This can go for any family member. Hang in there! Lois

My mother passed at 73 from complications from Kidney failure. Try not to let the family disfuction get to you and remember that you are making memories for yourself. You will have my thoughts and prayers. Family is important even when we do not like what is going on. I often say that I love my kids but right now I really do not like them. This can go for any family member. Hang in there! Lois

I'm a dialysis technician.. go figure:rotfl:...
I've been a tech for a little over 12 years now, and trust me, most are stubborn, yes, but they honestly make for the most fun patients, too. Tell him we aren't that bad...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter