• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closed due to capscity

Just an FYI to any planning to be at specific parks tomorrow-get there & plan to stay there all day. We were down in 2008 -- MK was closed by 11am, HS was closed by 2pm, Epcot was full to capacity by 5pm. Animal Kingdom had closed by 3 to capacity & then of course closed early as it always does. MK, EP, & HS are all doing special displays for the New Year.

We are at WDW for New Years. We went to MK this morning. Arrived around 10am. It was crowded but not too bad. Rode a couple ride, had lunch a the Plaza, and then came back to the Swan for a nap before going back for fireworks tonight. We checked at the gate and were told that it wouldn't be closed for those staying on site or annual pass holders. The lines were long, but we had a good attitude and a great time...

Tomorrow (New Year's Eve), we're going to do Epcot...

This stuff is just crazy. I give anyone that goes at this time of year props. I like my September time. I am totally obsessed over the crowd levels now. I have no idea why.

I have often wondered how park closings due to capacity would effect ADR's especially those with a CC guarantee needing advance cancellation to avoid having the fee charged to your card.

Larry

Wow that HM line is insane! I didn't even think that line could extend that far out. Glad I'm not there right now but props to anyone there sticking it out!

I have often wondered how park closings due to capacity would effect ADR's especially those with a CC guarantee needing advance cancellation to avoid having the fee charged to your card.

Larry

There is actually another thread floating around here somewhere about that very issue. The best advice is to get to the park where you have your ADR scheduled, and stay there. No one is sure exactly what will happen otherwise. If you arrive too late and are not let in you need to call or talk to a CM at guest relations and hope that they will not charge your card. But they might.

Disney does state every time you (in general) make an in park ADR that valid admission is required. However if the park is full that makes your admission invalid for that park. Hopefully Disney wouldn't charge, but no one really knows.

Larry

In the past, an ADR, charge-guaranteed or not, wouldn't let you in during the early stage closings if you didn't meet any of the other criteria. In the past year or so they added confirmed reservations (this includes things like BBB, etc.) as allowed up through a Stage 3 closing. Stage 4 no one gets in, period.

This does not mean you'll be able to park, though, and may need alternate transportation.

As for the charge guarantee, you might be able to call that day and get it taken off, but I don't think they guarantee they will do that.

I noticed that MK has been opening early for the last few days and had EMH for several consecutive days. I am familiar with this because we have benefitted from this same thing over Easter before when staying onsite. Next year at this time, we will be staying offsite. My typical touring pattern is to avoid AM EMH parks when staying offsite and going to rope drop at another park. I am curious to know (from someone staying offsite), what their experience was when entering MK at 8 AM with 7 AM EMH? Can you still get a lot done before 10:30-11:00 AM (using a good touring plan)?

I noticed that MK has been opening early for the last few days and had EMH for several consecutive days. I am familiar with this because we have benefitted from this same thing over Easter before when staying onsite. Next year at this time, we will be staying offsite. My typical touring pattern is to avoid AM EMH parks when staying offsite and going to rope drop at another park. I am curious to know (from someone staying offsite), what their experience was when entering MK at 8 AM with 7 AM EMH? Can you still get a lot done before 10:30-11:00 AM (using a good touring plan)?

Yes, we did this last year at Easter. Did a split stay with both on and off site accommodations. 8 am at MK was very manageable. They also had a promotion for eating early at counter service restaurants before 11:30 am with a 20% discount. We did this, got lots done as far as rides, ate lunch at the infamous and not opened very much Tomorrowland Terrrace REstaurant, watched the parade while eating, and were out of the park at 12:30. The crowds coming in to the park at that time were insane. We went back to our off-site resort and then back to Epcot for the evening. For some reason people on vacation during busy times just cannot get out of bed in the morning. Go early and reap the benefits.

Thanks for the pics :scared1:
I must say, I feel better about going Pres week lol. I will NEVER go this week. I would be terrified of losing one of my kids!! I hope everyone there had somewhat of a good time! I see myself skipping rides with waits like that. I didnt even ride TSM last Feb cause I didnt want to wait. I think I am better off sitting at home tomorrow night watching Dick Clark waiting for that big announcement :lmao:

A couple from today. I barely took out my camera since we mostly shuffled around and did nothing, lol. By 11pm ride lines had evaporated and we did more in an hour than we have in 2 days.

This is the line for Small world....recognize where it is? Lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150447862763575&l=a84ea2a039

And this is for haunted mansion. Now that is scary.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150447861638575&l=77d599364e

Just insane. :sad2:

Really hoping that this all dies down at least somewhat before we arrive. We get in on Sunday, but don't plan on hitting the parks until Monday. I know we'll still have some leftover holiday crowds, but see that Touring Plans rates Monday as a 10 (and easywdw as an 8). We're not hardcore folks by any stretch... massive crowds would not be a good thing for us.

We spent yesterday (December 30th) are the MK, and we found it very manageable. The park was crowded, but the CMs did an excellent job keeping traffic moving. We watched both the 8:30 Holiday Wishes and the 11:50 "New Years" fireworks. We brought a good attitude and a willingness to wait patiently. We were reworded with two spectaculars shows. The midnight fireworks were really worth it. They were amazing.

Our family (of 5) is staying at the Swan, so we've also use extra magic hours (at MK until 3AM). We took a three-hour nap during the day on the 30th. The wait for Big Thunder Mountain was only 10 minutes at 12:30, and there was no line at Splash Mountain. There are also extra magic hours every morning at 7am (but haven't made those yet).

We will be at WDW through January 9th, so we'll enjoy the parks with smaller crowds, but we're very happy that we decided to try make this trip and see the decorations and the fireworks.

I just looked through all these pages. WOW. Heres some ride wait times from Undercover Tourist:

Magic Kingdom:

20 minutes or less- Monsters Inc. Teacups, Jungle Cruise, Snow White, Carrosuel, Stitch, Tiki Room, Carrosuel of Progress, TTA, Magic Carpets

25-45 minutes- Astro Orbiter, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, small world, Pooh, Tomorrowland Speedway

50-70 minutes- Thunder Mt.

80+- Buzz, Splash Mt., Space Mt. (at least 2 hours), Peter Pan

Epcot:

20 minutes or less- Captain EO, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Gran Fiesta, Imagination, Living With the Land

25-45- Nemo, Mission Space, Maelstrom

80+- Soarin, Test Track, Spaceship Earth

DHS:

20 minutes or less: Star Tours, Muppetvision, Backlot Tour, Great Movie Ride,
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

25-45- Rockin Rollercoaster, ToT

Toy Story's Wait: 70 minutes

Animal Kingdom:

Everythings 20 minutes or less

You know, Disney should post the wait times for what is really important, the counter service restaurants and the bathrooms!!! I can deal with a wait for a ride, but when I got to go, I don't want a 40 minute wait!

At what tme of the day did the parks reopen yesturday or did they stay in phase 4 all day?

A few years ago a coworker told me that New Years Eve was one of the slower days, I told her I had never been but I believe it is the busiest day.
She only went one day to the parks on her trip (NYE). When she came back she said it an unusual year, very busy. LOL.

You know, Disney should post the wait times for what is really important, the counter service restaurants and the bathrooms!!! I can deal with a wait for a ride, but when I got to go, I don't want a 40 minute wait!

Maybe XPass will be added to the bathrooms!

At what tme of the day did the parks reopen yesturday or did they stay in phase 4 all day?

A few years ago a coworker told me that New Years Eve was one of the slower days, I told her I had never been but I believe it is the busiest day.
She only went one day to the parks on her trip (NYE). When she came back she said it an unusual year, very busy. LOL.

Then it's unusual every year :)

From what I remember of past reports, with the possible exception of NYE, the parks don't stay at Stage 4 for very long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter