(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are welcome, Missyrose. Whirlwind indeed! You must be so excited! Have you got all your ADRs booked now? Have a great vacation:goodvibes

I'm getting there with the ADR's I have a couple of dinners booked, as well as a breakfast and a lunch. But I am sooooo excited about this trip.

Nice to see someone got a bounce-back offer. Now that my DBF and I are buying AP's on this trip (for us to use in October and also our trip in March), I would LOVE :love: to be able to book a bounce-back for next October!

Here is the Bounceback offer we had:

I just started pin trading on the last night of our last trip. DD spotted an Orange Bird pin in the pin trading book at the kiosk in the lobby and while I was standing there, a woman walked-up with another Orange Bird pin and traded it with me. So between the one I purchased at the Fantasyland kiosk and the two I got our last night at the WL, I now have 3 of the 4 Orange Bird pins:thumbsup2. I even bought a Mickey lanyard that night:goodvibes

My favorite Orange Bird pin is the bottom one because he looks like such a frustrated resort changer:laughing:

:rotfl: I love all the pins and of course, want them! What luck you had! I am sure I saw some of these last November when Janet was looking for pins for her DD. If only I'd known what I know now!!! These little orangebirds just might make me a temporary pin collector!:thumbsup2

Wonder if any will still be around by last 2012 or early 2013....fingers crossed. ;)

Nice BB!!!
WHAT??? Y'all had a bounceback, KOOK?? We had nothing! No fair!:headache: So when are you going back?:rolleyes1

Yes, did you book???? What, when???:yay:

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this thread. This thread - and the other big ones I have read have given me so much valuable information for planning our first trip to Disney and the WL next month - just can't wait!!:banana:

:banana: You are the first on the second page AND the first to PM me photos for the new thread so...

We are going to the WL for the first time in 6 days (excuse me while I bounce around excitedly like a Tigger) Is there anything that you would particularly like pictures of? I am a photo taking fiend, and any excuse to explore the hotel would be a good one. :)

Thanks KOOKfor the picture of the bounceback. My dates aren't included....but for the girls trip they are......we will see what happens:goodvibes

So did you book a bounceback?

Hi WDWKOOK. Sorry I'm so late to the party. I've been running, running with Dbrother in town. :upsidedow Congrats on a wonderful job!!! Everything looks great with lots of useful info and beautiful photos. :love:

Our 1st WL stay was this past March for our 10th Anniv and we loved it. We are considering making WL a anniversary tradition. Ssshhhh, don't tell RCers I said that... oooops, they're all here already :grouphug:!!

Well, they're not ALL here (taps foot, hand on hip...)

Thank you for the kind words:) and it's great to finally have you here:thumbsup2. I hope you get a great FL or AP discount for your anniversary in March!

That news of a refurb starting in Feb12 scared me. We already had 3 nights booked in May with our VWL points and were waiting for the 7 month window to book additional nights with our other DVC points. I didn't want to take the chance on the refurb making less rooms available so I booked the additional nights today with a CR. When the 7 month window opens up, hopefully I'll be able to get them with DVC points and then cancel the CR. Thanks DISboard members for the heads up! :thumbsup2
I don't think it ever hurts to book a cash reservation as soon as you know you can go since with a room-only reservation, you have up to 5 days prior to arrival to cancel and still get your deposit back. Don't forget that you can add discounts (pin, general public, AP, military...) at any time to your cash reservation which may actually make it cheaper than points.

We are currently planning our 3rd trip to the Wilderness Lodge! Staying CL this time in a Deluxe Suite!:banana::banana:

The Wilderness Lodge just feels like "Home" to us!
You will just love CL at the WL. I can't say enough good things about it. We'd love some photos of your Deluxe Room!

WDWKOOK.....thank you so much for such an amazing job on the new thread!!!! :cool1::thumbsup2
You're welcome and thank you for taking a look at it! When are you going back?

Ahhh, I'm starting to panic! We've booked a standard view room, and now I'm wondering if it was the wrong decision. We're going to WL after our free dining portion of the trip at another resort as an early anniversary gift to each other before heading home. I've mentioned before how much I love to sit on the balcony, but we just can't justify upgrading to a better view room since this stay is just an added bonus for us. What do y'all think? Should we stick with a standard view room and just plan on enjoying the hotel amenities instead of a balcony view? We won't spend much time in the parks since we'll have already done that earlier on the trip. We might leave for dinner one night, but otherwise, we'll be enjoying the hotel.

Your WL stay is just icing on the cake. Since it's not the major portion of your WDW stay, I would keep your reservation as is AND I would make sure that you have noted in the reservation that you are celebrating your anniversary;)

WHAT??? Y'all had a bounceback, KOOK?? We had nothing! No fair!:headache: So when are you going back?:rolleyes1
Good question! Hopefully, Christmas and August 2012 (our 25th anniversary:love:). We always go in August and last year DD and I went for Christmas while DH was deployed, so we'd love for him to see WDW at Christmas, too.

Actually, for us, the BB isn't as good a deal as the room-only military discount. The MD is more of a savings and is good through October 1st of 2012. Also, the BB expires December 17th. The MD's Christmas blackout starts 12-26, so that would be the discount we'd use.

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this thread. This thread - and the other big ones I have read have given me so much valuable information for planning our first trip to Disney and the WL next month - just can't wait!!:banana:
You're welcome, princeryananddevan:). That is so exciting that you've chosen the WL for your first visit! Make sure you tell them it's your first visit so you'll get First Visit buttons and maybe some pixie dustpixiedust:

We are going to the WL for the first time in 6 days (excuse me while I bounce around excitedly like a Tigger) Is there anything that you would particularly like pictures of? I am a photo taking fiend, and any excuse to explore the hotel would be a good one. :)
Tigger, errrr, I mean shmoogrrrl, have you packed yet? I hope you have a fantastic vacation:tigger:

How thoughtful of you to offer to take more photos for the thread. I have hundreds, but none of the following:

~A Deluxe Room

~Any VWL room INSIDE

~The Vice-Presidential Suite

So we are posting at the same time again Kook ;) I see you just answered my question about the BB:rotfl:

Thanks KOOKfor the picture of the bounceback. My dates aren't included....but for the girls trip they are......we will see what happens:goodvibes

So did you book a bounceback?

Good morning! Last night I finished about half of the last post for the thread (the VWL part) and when I hit "preview," I got a warning that the "memcache" server was not responding:scared1:. The entire DISboard server was down for a while, and when it came back, my post had vanished:headache:.

I answered Heather about the BB in my last post. Are you going to book one for the Girl's trip? I thought the Girl's trip was now a Parent's-only trip or are girls coming with the parents:confused3

So we are posting at the same time again Kook ;) I see you just answered my question about the BB:rotfl:
Now this isn't funny - when I just went to post that last post, I got the "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO MEMCACHE SERVER" warning AGAIN. This time, I was able to hit the back button and post the message. Has anyone else ever gotten this error message? In all my many posts, last night and this morning is the first time I've ever gotten this message.

Now this isn't funny - when I just went to post that last post, I got the "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO MEMCACHE SERVER" warning AGAIN. This time, I was able to hit the back button and post the message. Has anyone else ever gotten this error message? In all my many posts, last night and this morning is the first time I've ever gotten this message.

:scared1:You broke the DIS!:rotfl:

I have gotten that message and then hit back and Reply to post, and a "this is a duplicate post" comes up. DIS must be so busy (the anticipated GP discount maybe)

So there is a couples trip and a girls trip (much to DHs dismay) The Girls trip is up in the air, my one GF is starting a new job soon (hopefully she has to sit for her nursing boards-but she will do great)..and with everything going on with HRH Madison I don't know if I can justify 2 WDW trips in 1 month (darn mommy guilt). My priority is the trip with DH, we haven't been away since we renewed our vows in Vegas in 2004. Before that, we have NEVER been away together. The fact he wants to do F&W is an added bonus :love: So if I can do WL for our Anniversary trip, I wouldn't really feel bad about missing the girls trip. Is that wrong? I feel bad because this trip was my idea, but so far I am the only one who put $$ into it for the room and airline tickets. So really i am the one losing out. So sorry if I am coming off as a bad friend, I am really not......My kiddos always come first. Plus....then I have another excuse to plan my Flower & Garden trip next year :thumbsup2

WOW, sorry for my rant :flower3: Thanks for listening :hug:

I was getting it last night when trying to post. Then could not get back on for several minutes - back did not work for me. :confused3

Sorry it happened to you too, KOOK, but glad I'm not alone - it was a weird message.

( we're all over the place now...just noticed this is NOT the RC thread.:guilty:)

:scared1:You broke the DIS!:rotfl:

That's exactly what DH said last night! You're too funny:rotfl:. He blamed my having too many photos in the new thread:laughing:.

I have gotten that message and then hit back and Reply to post, and a "this is a duplicate post" comes up. DIS must be so busy (the anticipated GP discount maybe)

So there is a couples trip and a girls trip (much to DHs dismay) The Girls trip is up in the air, my one GF is starting a new job soon (hopefully she has to sit for her nursing boards-but she will do great)..and with everything going on with HRH Madison I don't know if I can justify 2 WDW trips in 1 month (darn mommy guilt). My priority is the trip with DH, we haven't been away since we renewed our vows in Vegas in 2004. Before that, we have NEVER been away together. The fact he wants to do F&W is an added bonus :love: So if I can do WL for our Anniversary trip, I wouldn't really feel bad about missing the girls trip. Is that wrong? I feel bad because this trip was my idea, but so far I am the only one who put $$ into it for the room and airline tickets. So really i am the one losing out. So sorry if I am coming off as a bad friend, I am really not......My kiddos always come first. Plus....then I have another excuse to plan my Flower & Garden trip next year :thumbsup2

WOW, sorry for my rant :flower3: Thanks for listening :hug:

That's a rant? Not even close. If I were you, I'd go alone like kaffinito did. You're always thinking of everyone else and when was the last time you did anything alone? Now, take that for what it's worth considering I've never gone anywhere alone and DH and I have never been away from DD12. But, it sounds like a good idea to me seeing the lack of pre-trip prep that has taken place on the part of the other attendees. Definitely do the anniversary trip, but I'd revamp the girl's only trip.

I was getting it last night when trying to post. Then could not get back on for several minutes - back did not work for me. :confused3

Sorry it happened to you too, KOOK, but glad I'm not alone - it was a weird message.

( we're all over the place now...just noticed this is NOT the RC thread.:guilty:)
OK, I feel better now - I think. So I DIDN'T actually break the internet, Dani!

I hope everyone on this thread knows they don't have to comment ONLY on the WL and VWL. Sometimes we need to go a little off topic, but it always leads back to WDW Resorts, which is the important thing:goodvibes

It is funny :goodvibes
That's a rant? Not even close. If I were you, I'd go alone like kaffinito did. You're always thinking of everyone else and when was the last time you did anything alone? Now, take that for what it's worth considering I've never gone anywhere alone and DH and I have never been away from DD12. But, it sounds like a good idea to me seeing the lack of pre-trip prep that has taken place on the part of the other attendees. Definitely do the anniversary trip, but I'd revamp the girl's only trip.
Alone.....I didn't even consider that. Mind you, I don't even go up the street to the store alone :laughing: I would really like that, I would be comfortable, and do whatever I wanted. WOW I have NEVER been alone. I ALWAYS take care of everyone else, and financially I have to say I am starting to get a little aggravated that no one has given me anything towards the trip. I offered to do the hotel room and tix, one friend would do airfare, and the 3rd was covering meals during the trip. Needless to say, airfare went on my card, no reimbursement. At least I can change my dates and my deposit can go to another trip!

So if I were to switch my couples trip to WL. What do you think about a woods view? I can request a King bed, but I would be fine with 2 Queens (DH and I can totally fit in a Queen)....I don't think I will have the $ for CL by Sept 20th (our 45 day mark)

OK, I feel better now - I think. So I DIDN'T actually break the internet, Dani!

I hope everyone on this thread knows they don't have to comment ONLY on the WL and VWL. Sometimes we need to go a little off topic, but it always leads back to WDW Resorts, which is the important thing:goodvibes

:rotfl:Hey doesn't your hubby know the DIS is powered photos? ;) you can't shut it down with them!

It is funny :goodvibes

::yes::

Alone.....I didn't even consider that. Mind you, I don't even go up the street to the store alone :laughing: I would really like that, I would be comfortable, and do whatever I wanted. WOW I have NEVER been alone. I ALWAYS take care of everyone else, and financially I have to say I am starting to get a little aggravated that no one has given me anything towards the trip. I offered to do the hotel room and tix, one friend would do airfare, and the 3rd was covering meals during the trip. Needless to say, airfare went on my card, no reimbursement. At least I can change my dates and my deposit can go to another trip!

Go for it!!! I am a total wimp when it comes to being solo at WDW - spent 2 ngts extra due to a tropical storm, after a friend left on time and I wandered around lost and sad.:confused3 Maybe it brings back too many family memories with my son, but I definitely am not a solo WDW traveler. I did move from SSR to POP and sometimes wonder if I could do a short trip, like 3/4 ngts, just to get away and relax, but stay deluxe...then I'd have the balcony and room service. Maybe an EPCOT resort because I think it would be pretty comfortable to stroll around WS alone.

I love reading about DISers solo trip!! (what would happen with the airfare? Is it on SW so you could get credit and use it later?)

So if I were to switch my couples trip to WL. What do you think about a woods view? I can request a King bed, but I would be fine with 2 Queens (DH and I can totally fit in a Queen)....I don't think I will have the $ for CL by Sept 20th (our 45 day mark)

If you don't mind a view of trees, why not? Heck, you'd be at the WL! With just a little PD, maybe even an upgrade to a CY view.:thumbsup2

:rotfl:Hey doesn't your hubby know the DIS is powered photos? ;) you can't shut it down with them!

:rotfl2:

If you don't mind a view of trees, why not? Heck, you'd be at the WL! With just a little PD, maybe even an upgrade to a CY view.:thumbsup2

Booked Standard room CL. Just changed. Major PD...a PIN code. I didn't ask, she asked about CY and I was saying I was TRYING to budget...she checked the dates. Said yep CY with a discount, and BTW CL is available if you are interested....

I COULD NOT RESIST :goodvibes

Booked Standard room CL. Just changed. Major PD...a PIN code. I didn't ask, she asked about CY and I was saying I was TRYING to budget...she checked the dates. Said yep CY with a discount, and BTW CL is available if you are interested....

I COULD NOT RESIST :goodvibes

:woohoo: :dance3::woohoo::dance3: :woohoo:

(do the CL std rooms have the same view as reg std rooms? If so, at least you will be higher enough that it might not matter so much!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter