(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be staying at the Lodge for the first time April 18-25, and I realized last night that we are under 100 days (98, actually!) until we arrive! Yay! :goodvibes

DH and I will be arriving on Feb 6th and we have booked a woods view room. What is the best request for hopes of a magic kingdom fireworks view? Last time we stayed, we had a standard view that overlooked a service area, however it also faced the MK and we saw Wishes from our balcony every night.

I would love to get a similar view for our woods view room.

Thoughts?

We'll be staying at the Lodge for the first time April 18-25, and I realized last night that we are under 100 days (98, actually!) until we arrive! Yay! :goodvibes
I'll put your dates in the Lodgers' Log:)

Does the new splash pad have an age restriction?
There isn't an age restriction, but there is a height limit. There is a sign on the gate that stipulates you must be 48" or under to use it.

DH and I will be arriving on Feb 6th and we have booked a woods view room. What is the best request for hopes of a magic kingdom fireworks view? Last time we stayed, we had a standard view that overlooked a service area, however it also faced the MK and we saw Wishes from our balcony every night.

I would love to get a similar view for our woods view room.

Thoughts?
An upper room in the North Wing is where you might see some of Wishes. Some of the views are obstructed by trees though. A request of "North Wing/high floor" is your best bet.

I hope you have a magical vacation:wizard:

Unfortunately, there are no VWL views that come close to the 25 Deluxe room views. Your request is the closest, but as was posted, you can barely see the lake at all because of the tree line that runs the entire length of Bay Lake in front of the villas.

Thanks Kook!

I just realized I never gave my dates for the log! We are staying 1/22-1/25 in Club Level.

I'm not a pool person if the water temps are not at least 78 degrees or higher. Born and raised in New England, but you wouldn't know it. It gets below 70 degrees outside and I'm in pants and long sleeved tops. Anyway, I did a search in this thread, but couldn't find and answer. What temps are the pools and hot tubs heated too? I am training for the Disney Princess 10K and have to fit in a long run while I am there. A nice soak in the hot tub to ease my muscles sounds good.

We'll be at the Lodge May 30-June 8 for our second stay. Loved our first stay there last year so we're booked again!!

Just had to share our excitement!! :thumbsup2

Carla

I just realized I never gave my dates for the log! We are staying 1/22-1/25 in Club Level.

I'm not a pool person if the water temps are not at least 78 degrees or higher. Born and raised in New England, but you wouldn't know it. It gets below 70 degrees outside and I'm in pants and long sleeved tops. Anyway, I did a search in this thread, but couldn't find and answer. What temps are the pools and hot tubs heated too? I am training for the Disney Princess 10K and have to fit in a long run while I am there. A nice soak in the hot tub to ease my muscles sounds good.

Pools usually 82 I think and hot tub 104. I always do the hot tubs and they are so nice at disney. I have nt been to WL in a while but I do remember how much I liked the hot tubs there. Very cozy with the rocks around them. I'm there just before you and if an issue I'll post::yes::

We'll be at the Lodge May 30-June 8 for our second stay. Loved our first stay there last year so we're booked again!!

Just had to share our excitement!! :thumbsup2

Carla

:goodvibes happiness is a ticker, right??

I won't be there but dd will be at OKW those dates. So jealous!

When I was there this past summer, I noticed a huge difference in the hot tub temps between the 2 at the lodge and the one at the villas. The ones at the lodge were much hotter. (one was too hot for me) There was also a difference in how well the jets worked. If all 3 are working, you can find the one that suits you the best! Have a good race!

Which room/area in Villas Wilderness Lodge should I request if I don't want a view of an electricity substation or any other fairly dodgy view?! Is it a room near the elevator? We are in a studio.

Also, we have to check out by 11 (I think) on our last day but won't be collected by DME until about 4-5pm for our flight home. Is there somewhere we can have a decent shower before we leave as we won't have a room to go to after a day at the pool?

Thank you ��

34 days away from check in! Has anyone shopped in the gift shop recently? My ds is wondering if he can find a Mickey tshirt (boys) in the gift shop. He is worrying about this, as his current shirt is too small to be worn in public. (According to mama!) I applaud him, at 7, for having disney wardrobe concerns. He wants to go to MK our first day in a new shirt. We haven't seen any suitable shirts from local sources. Thanks for helping!

I was reading back through this thread and read that Whispering Canyon will be closed for refurbishment May 15 to June 26.

Is this still true because I just made a reservation for June 4 online last night. If it's going to be closed why is Disney allowing reservations? :confused3

I wanted to ask here before I change it!! ;)

Thanks!!

Carla

34 days away from check in! Has anyone shopped in the gift shop recently? My ds is wondering if he can find a Mickey tshirt (boys) in the gift shop. He is worrying about this, as his current shirt is too small to be worn in public. (According to mama!) I applaud him, at 7, for having disney wardrobe concerns. He wants to go to MK our first day in a new shirt. We haven't seen any suitable shirts from local sources. Thanks for helping!
They do have tee shirts in children's sizes at the Mercantile. I found a really cute one for our grandson there.

I was reading back through this thread and read that Whispering Canyon will be closed for refurbishment May 15 to June 26. Is this still true because I just made a reservation for June 4 online last night. If it's going to be closed why is Disney allowing reservations? :confused3 I wanted to ask here before I change it!! ;) Thanks!! Carla

There was a correction made recently about the refurbishment. Whispering Canyon Cafe is not scheduled for refurbishment at this time. The earlier report came from one TA and has since been corrected.

There was a correction made recently about the refurbishment. Whispering Canyon Cafe is not scheduled for refurbishment at this time. The earlier report came from one TA and has since been corrected.

Thanks so much for letting me know!! :thumbsup2

Carla

Which room/area in Villas Wilderness Lodge should I request if I don't want a view of an electricity substation or any other fairly dodgy view?! Is it a room near the elevator? We are in a studio.

Ask for a view of the pool or lake and you'll be fine. But most of the views are of woods, so there aren't many dodgy views at all.

Also, we have to check out by 11 (I think) on our last day but won't be collected by DME until about 4-5pm for our flight home. Is there somewhere we can have a decent shower before we leave as we won't have a room to go to after a day at the pool?
Thank you ��

You can ask at the desk if you can have a late check out if that will help. They can give you up until 1pm to check out at no extra cost if it is available.

There is a shower in the locker room at Sturdy Branches Health Club located right in the villas building that you will be able to use. :)

Hi all! Although our home dvc resort is BCV:beach:, we also feel in love with VWL:love: and spend as much (or more) time there! But I know recently that VWL has fenced in their main pool which restricts access now beyond a certain hour. Does anyone know if this has greatly increased the use ( and therefore crowding/noise) later in the evening at the villa pool? :confused3 Does this make the hot tub there later at night more crowded than before? We are now at our 7 month point and thinking of switching from BCV to VWL for our post DCL cruisepirate: in august. Any insight would be appreciated !

Hi all! Although our home dvc resort is BCV:beach:, we also feel in love with VWL:love: and spend as much (or more) time there! But I know recently that VWL has fenced in their main pool which restricts access now beyond a certain hour. Does anyone know if this has greatly increased the use ( and therefore crowding/noise) later in the evening at the villa pool? :confused3 Does this make the hot tub there later at night more crowded than before? We are now at our 7 month point and thinking of switching from BCV to VWL for our post DCL cruisepirate: in august. Any insight would be appreciated !

I think you are referring to the fencing at the main WL pool. While I know that official pool hours were changed to reflect lifeguard hours sometime prior to 2014, I have not read of any new changes to the hours since the fence went up. Reports are that the fence is not access-controlled like it is at BLT and SAB. Further, I also have not read of any increase in crowding or noise at Hidden Springs at VWL since the main WL pool was fenced.

I have not stayed in a villa, but there are no reports here that would suggest an issue for you.

9 more days till we check in at WL! It'll be my first time back to this resort since I was a kid! I don't know what's taken me this long to come back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter