• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is ! Front and Back . (thanks for the pics elaw)

They better not sell out in the next few days now, lol .
.........reminder to self .........get Hope a pillow ! :teeth:

55772758-6349-432D-976B-B807CC2F02FA_zpskpiiov7c.jpg

don't buy them all I want one and will be there in 9 days!

So, with the pool back open today, I went to take my kids for a quick swim. Unfortunately, when we went (around 2:30 or so), the heater was not working and the pool was freezing. Plus, the slide was closed. Life guard said it was from the previous days water chemistry / cloudy issues.

We ended up using the hidden springs pool.

I've posted before as I have stayed at this resort four times to year in January, May, July, and October and scaffolding has been up for ongoing preventative maintenance each trip. I don't even notice the scaffolding and does not take away from the resort.

Pool and such was in refurb in October and that was quite noticeable but if most of that has been completed I suspect scenery and ambiance will not be affected.

If your going for hot tubs and splash pads I can't comment on this because appears they are close but receiving differing info from disney

I have to respectfully disagree with you here. I've been here since Monday, and as time goes on, I feel the construction more and more. There is noise, planting, construction equipment which has traveled around the pool so that I had to wait for it to finish before I could walk up to the resort, the beach fence is intrusive, the geyser isn't functioning, and the scaffolding is noticeable. There are construction workers all over the back areas between the pool construction and building work. I'm not saying that we're having a bad time, because we aren't. I will say that I would not want to stay in a resort undergoing construction again. This was supposed to be completed on November 27th, and it obviously isn't.
For the poster asking about the hot tubs. They are NOT open, despite what the call center is telling you.

Really hoping the hot tubs will be open when we arrive on the 16th- but if they are not, how long is the walk over to the Villas pool/hot tub?

13563141-D4EC-4290-BEDB-C94E44A2819C_zpsbrkolv2s.jpg
Just called WL and spoke to a CM who said the feature pool's hot tub is open and that the splash pad is the only thing not open….

Was just wondering from those who are there now if that's true or not lol…

Thanks!!
That info is incorrect, the hot tubs at the feature pool are still closed. The CM's are directing folks to the villas hot tubs.

399C49DC-BB42-43F3-B7D3-EB5DEF0861DD_zpsitsarxyk.jpg

I'm here. The resort is beautifully decorated. A few people in the pool last night. Scaffolding up on the north side of the building facing pool and Bay Lake. We arrived at 2 p.m., our rooms ready. After dropping our stuff off, we headed for a light lunch and drinks at the Contemporary Resort's Wave restaurant. A couple of hours later we returned, relaxed, and dined at Artist Point (a favorite: outstanding meal).

Staff have been almost unctuously polite. I had trouble with park tickets and the manager took care of it with a smile. I just breakfasted and am waiting for the rest of my party to start our day at the MK.

I'm here. The resort is beautifully decorated. A few people in the pool last night. Scaffolding up on the north side of the building facing pool and Bay Lake. We arrived at 2 p.m., our rooms ready. After dropping our stuff off, we headed for a light lunch and drinks at the Contemporary Resort's Wave restaurant. A couple of hours later we returned, relaxed, and dined at Artist Point (a favorite: outstanding meal).

Staff have been almost unctuously polite. I had trouble with park tickets and the manager took care of it with a smile. I just breakfasted and am waiting for the rest of my party to start our day at the MK.

As long as they were ALMOST unctuous, I can tolerate them! ;)

Really hoping the hot tubs will be open when we arrive on the 16th- but if they are not, how long is the walk over to the Villas pool/hot tub?
That depends on where your room is .... If you you are in the north wing it can be a bit of a hike. It's perhaps a 3 minute walk from the main resort hot tubs

We enjoyed our first ever stay at WL. Got lucky and the pool reopened our last full day there. The staff was awesome the whole trip. My son lost his MB and they got him a new blue one instead of a plain grey one.

The BEST part of our stay was that we were chosen to watch the fireworks from the roof on Thanksgiving night. It was cold but the view was amazing!!!!

Hi Kook! We have had to move our dates de to unforeseen circumstances so we will be at the Lodge 5/29-6/5/2015. Hoping these stick! Flirted with moving to BC for the pool, but with the construction there decided to stay put at WL! Can't wait!

13563141-D4EC-4290-BEDB-C94E44A2819C_zpsbrkolv2s.jpg

That info is incorrect, the hot tubs at the feature pool are still closed. The CM's are directing folks to the villas hot tubs.

399C49DC-BB42-43F3-B7D3-EB5DEF0861DD_zpsitsarxyk.jpg

Just curious- in the photo it seems like the splash pad area is directly adjacent to the hot tub area. I wasn't sure if that was just how it appears in the photo or if they are, in fact, really close. I am thinking that might make the villas hot tub a more relaxing choice. :)

Just curious- in the photo it seems like the splash pad area is directly adjacent to the hot tub area. I wasn't sure if that was just how it appears in the photo or if they are, in fact, really close. I am thinking that might make the villas hot tub a more relaxing choice. :)
They are in fact in relativley close proximity (within approx 30 feet or so I estimate).

I took this pic just before we left the lodge 20 minutes ago .... Spas are still closed .... Music being blasted by their DJ's
F38FA418-B777-4CF9-A8AC-CD833812A5F1_zps9lpbjjcm.jpg

41DDC828-4DCE-4F59-BEF8-C0632C52A34A_zpsjpvi21ut.jpg

C8C04114-6FC9-4E9E-B852-B41DE9EED439_zpstwoyiimd.jpg

We arrived today. I'm pretty unhappy. Our room location is awful and we are stuck with it. I'd maybe overlook it if it weren't for the refurbishment. No pool slide, no hot tub, loud room, no double sink. We could have stayed at Pop and saved the money. :/

We arrived today. I'm pretty unhappy. Our room location is awful and we are stuck with it. I'd maybe overlook it if it weren't for the refurbishment. No pool slide, no hot tub, loud room, no double sink. We could have stayed at Pop and saved the money. :/

When we went out to our car yesterday, a CM working outside told us they were at 100% capacity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter