(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the roof is back on Trout Pass... hopefully, it'll be open by this weekend when my household arrives. We're staying at Fort Wilderness, but always do our afternoon drinking at Trout Pass! I'll be actually staying at the Wilderness Lodge for my January trip, and I KNOW it'll be ready by then! LOL

Is it weird that I'm far more interested in the pool bar than the pool itself?

Richard/tralfie

I see the roof is back on Trout Pass... hopefully, it'll be open by this weekend when my household arrives. We're staying at Fort Wilderness, but always do our afternoon drinking at Trout Pass! I'll be actually staying at the Wilderness Lodge for my January trip, and I KNOW it'll be ready by then! LOL

Is it weird that I'm far more interested in the pool bar than the pool itself?

Richard/tralfie

No...no it's not. :drinking1 Whenever people ask about the Swan/Dolphin, my comments always include how great the pool bar is.

I was looking at rooms for Oct 2015 and was surprised so many rooms are unavailable. Any ideas why? I called and they didn't seem to know why.
Thanks for any ideas.
:confused3

I am wondering too... right now we are booked for CBR but planning to switch to WL when discounts come out. Anyone have any info?

(BTW - such a helpful thread... this is my very first post!)

Oh I'm so mad at my self!! We got back at about 10:50. Went to room and was going to go back out around 11:30 and we all just crashed!! Fully dressed!!!
:rotfl:
You were all set to make it to RD the next day:thumbsup2

Just saw this on Facebook

Taken last night at WL :)

Seven hours condensed down to 1 minute and eleven seconds....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BjqEuDEK02g&feature=youtu.be
Thanks so much for posting this super cool link. I'm going to add it to the Christmastime chapter of the thread with thanks to you and WDWShutterbug.

WDWShutterbug is amazing!!!!:thumbsup2:goodvibes:yay:
:wave:
ITA!

Which begs, the question, did you sit there for 7 hours? :)
I pictured WDWShutterbug's tripod chained to one of the totems so they could go get snacks and use the bathroom:scratchin

OK Time4disney has been taking a lot of photos and having me up load hem.... but tonight is the last night here in the World..... She took some today but not a lot was done today due to bad weather.
Just want to thank you and Time4disney again for taking and uploading/posting such timely and helpful photos. You both are awesome!

I am wondering too... right now we are booked for CBR but planning to switch to WL when discounts come out. Anyone have any info?

:welcome: to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread, MonaMN! We're honored that your first post is here on our friendly thread. HERE is the link to historical discounts to get an idea when one might be released for your timeframe.

Sitting in the WL lobby while my family naps in the room. We've been here four nights and have three more to go. Overall we are really enjoying the resort. The boat to MK is awesome and we have has good luck with bus transportation so far- no complaints. You do have to wait and you may have to stand if It's crowded but I'd expect that when using mass transit.

We got an excellent deal using Uk Expedia, about half off rack rate during a holiday week. Otherwise we'd never spend this kind of money for a hotel. We have stayed in offsite condos for the last few trips. Even though we are enjoying the lodge, I miss the space for the money we get with a condo.

Service at the lodge has been very good. We booked a standard room but requested bunk beds. We were given a 5th floor lobby room with bunks, woods view I think. We are above WCC and every now and then we hear muffled cheers but nothing that keeps us up. Noise has not been an issue.

It takes awhile for the water to get hot but once it does it's very hot with good pressure. Maintenance came to our room and explained that it's because we are far from the source.

Housekeeping is efficient. No towel animals but that's not something we care about. They were cleaning our room a little late but we requested an earlier clean and got it every day since.

I miss the full size food court of a moderate resort. The limited menu at roaring fork is a little annoying. I knew that going Into this but since we are more counter than sit down service people it's inconvenient for us.

Almost forgot, we can see some of the fireworks from our balcony through the trees. Very nice treat at the end of the day.

Overall we are enjoying our stay but probably won't return. For the price, I'd rather have larger accommodations especially now that the kids are getting older. If we stay onsite in the future we will go back to the moderates.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. I can't wait to see it in person - just 60 more days. :woohoo:

Were you able to take any pictures of the fence on the south side of the pool? Is the construction wall still up on that side? (Roaring Forks and the walkway to the boat ramp are on the north side. )

Yes South Side is still up and you can't get to that side.....

We checked in today and were told the pool won't open until 12/3. None of the CMs can tell me why there is scaffolding but said there is work going on and not sure how long it will be up. We have courtyard view but were told there is some on villa side too. It's disappointing but not letting it spoil our great time! It's Thanksgiving and we are at Disney! Also they did honor a 50 per night credit and Blizzard beach tickets.

Thought I would report back now that we arrived home. Let me start by saying this was my favorite resort, owned VWL for 11 years prior to selling and this is our first stay as non-dvc. Stayed CL for the first time. Arrived by DME no problems. Landed at 9:10 and we made it to the lobby by 10:10. Checked in the front desk, CM had to search for our package from IPO but no big deal. Made our way to our room, they did exactly what I requested. Big plus, asked for a small snack and some soda left in the room just for a small snack. Weather was not the greatest, so put a huge damper on the vacation. Pool work being done was loud. Had a south wing courtyard view and it was obnoxious at times. DD arrived Saturday night, DME bus driver quit! So she was shuttles via van and arrived around 11:25, landed at 9:10. Luggage got to us around 2:00am after me calling.!!!! Was not overly impressed with morning snacks, really would have liked a hArd boiled egg, real yogurt and granola, just something a little nicer. LOVED the Nespresso machine!! Was reprimanded by IPO over canceling a dinner reservation. Women really irritated me, (see previous posts) and I was very nice about it. Also irritated that his same women gave my daughter (22) such a hassle about having a beer, almost implied her ID was fake that there was no way she was over 21!!!! For almost 500 a night, i would never pay that for CL, the room size and the servings just don't warrant it. Should have done much much more research! Between construction at WL(which I thought would be almost over) and all the construction in the parks, MK, AK, and DTD, I swear i saw more walls than views!! Really took away from the experience. Though I was glad I didn't book the poly as the walls there are even worse!!! Then top off the trip, our flights for today were cancelled, was able to get to JFK, (then paid for a limo to WhitenPlains where our car was) leaving WL on ME at 3:50am, but oh wait, THE BUS NEVER SHOWED UP! Looked at the printout IPO gave me, and they for some reason had us leaving from the CR (yes I originally had booked there and switched). At least they comped the taxi, but getting up at 3am, and waiting and waiting was not a great send off also never received a checkout envelope and had to ask for a print out, did receive an email version upon landing. Did receive turn down 3 of the 5 nights, again not a big deal, but it was so strange,first three days housekeeping was great, and I left tips, the next day the room was half done!! Very very strange. Things i did notice is the lack of "disney Magic" resorts and parks were always sparkling clean. Being in construction we tend to notice things. Lights out heading to the bus area, many cobwebs, dirty windows again, not a big deal, but just not the magic that it used to be!! It may be many years until we head back, will definitely make sure there is no construction going on!!!!!

We checked in today and were told the pool won't open until 12/3. None of the CMs can tell me why there is scaffolding but said there is work going on and not sure how long it will be up. We have courtyard view but were told there is some on villa side too. It's disappointing but not letting it spoil our great time! It's Thanksgiving and we are at Disney! Also they did honor a 50 per night credit and Blizzard beach tickets.

:worried: ... We arrive Sunday

We arrive Monday. I was afraid when I heard about the construction that this would happen.

Sad to hear that. :worried: We arrive on the 2nd. Thanks for the update though. Did they mention when the splash pad is expected to open? Please keep us updated if you hear anything else. Thanks so much! I'm still super excited but I had planned my fast passes around the idea that we would have a hotel/swim day on the morning of the 3rd. Now Im just worried that they will keep delaying pool reopening. But, like everyone else- I still feel grateful and excited to even be going on this dream vacation! :yay:

:worried: ... We arrive Sunday

Us too! Wish pool would've been open. Does that mean we now qualify for $50/night credit. Since we're busy the first few days prob won't use the pool too much so the discount would be great!

That's very disappointing because we check-in Saturday. I imagine the big storms this week didn't help but it sure seemed like it was going to be a tight finish anyway. Bummed.

It was odd because when we checked in the CM told us the pool would open tomorrow and the splash pad would be finished later. As soon as we got to our room that CM called to apologize she gave us wrong info and it would be 12/3 for the pool and she had no idea on splash pad. It's chilly now but we had hoped to use pool Saturday. We usually stay at the Grand and while we are enjoying the resort, I do think the construction impacts the overall ambiance a little. (Courtyard view). Anyway thats all the scoop I know for now but definitely will share more if I get any news!

I hope they continue giving the $50 credit as long as there's constrction

I'm staying on rented points, so no credit for me. With the pool not going to be completed on time, and the scaffolding that appeared without warning, there won't be the beautiful exteriors I thought I would have. Kind of disappointed right now.

Well, there was the rumor a while back that a portion of the Lodge would be converted to DVC villas. Maybe they are cutting back on future room reservations now to accomplish this.....

Laura

Just popping in to say HELLO! Last night I called my husband to the computer and asked him what he thought of some pictures. The pictures I was showing him were of the wilderness lodge! He said that this place looked like more his style (originally we were going to stay at POFQ) SO I called my mom and my sister for moral support and they both encouraged me to switch to WL! I called Disney and NOW I'M OFFICIALLY STAYING THERE!

Our dates are January 5-9 at the wilderness lodge...for our honeymoon! And Hubby's first trip in 20 years (his first time staying on site!)

Every now and then I let out a little yelp, because I'm so happy and so excited!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter