(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon,

The fear of the pool not being finished/still being a construction site at the end of November won. I just couldn't... It would have ruined our experience (we are pool people lol).

We are postponing our stay to our next trip in April. We switched to Coronado (been there before and we love it so we know we won't be disappointed)... Got a better room and managed to save a few dollars.

Looking forward to April though. At least the new pool will be there. :)

Hello,
What is the easiest / quickest way to get from WL to disney's ticket and transportation centre? Approx how long will this take?

Many thanks :goodvibes

I'd love to know too! Also, got an email from them about our stay. Says characters in the lobby from 4-7 on Halloween night. Any guesses which characters? Wondering if worth coming back to resort for this in between parks and dinner ressies.

Hey Kook!!!
Sorry about how I keep popping in and out, but life has been getting the better of us lately:crazy2:- knee surgery for me, then a heart Ablation and another Inversion last Tuesday for DH (we're both fine!:)), then a family friend for 5 decades passed away and off we went for 4 days to his funeral. But it's all settling down now and we're looking forward to our visit to WL CL on 11/9-17.
It's still hard to believe we're going:woohoo:!!

What personnel changes, besides Randy, should we expect:listen:?? I'll be getting together another goodie bag for the gang and we're hoping most of the "regulars" will still be on board at CL.

We're still talking about our trip last Feb., when we did the KTTK Tour(saw Cinderella jogging, plugged into her Ipod), Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise(we were the only adults there with no children!),Wild Afrika Trek Tour(AMAZING), AND DH & I were the Flag Family last day at WL. Talk about a thrill!!!! We were on the roof for two hours!!!!! Got some beautiful pics from up there! Love Ranger Jack!!!
Walked to FW, where we saw the ponies out and about, playing with each other. So sweet and cute. A deer crossed our path on the way. Just one magical day after another.
This time, we're going on a carriage ride at FW (as well as having a breakfast & dinner there). We're also signed up for archery lessons there.
DH is looking forward to the Steam Engine Tour at MK -he loves loves loves those trains!!!
We actually don't have much planned. We did so much in Feb., we felt we didn't get to spend much time at the Lodge, so this time, we're kicking back and relaxing more. We're doing the afternoon tea at GF the day we check in, to kinda ease us into relaxation mode. We did the tea a year ago and it was so nice. The Cinderella carriage went past, with the CM's all dressed up, on their way to pick up a bride and it seemed like a dream sequence, sitting there, seeing that go past!!
Saw the pics of the pool....kinda messy.....we didn't use the pool last time and we we're hoping to this time, but oh well, just leaves more to look forward to on our next visit......
Received our Welcome letter from WL. I replied with the requests for a carriage ride and archery and they took care of it real fast. I also put in a request for the same room as Feb., 7127 (I think that's the one??). We know we'll be overlooking the pool mess, but we do like seeing the water too.

See what happens when I'm not around for awhile-I can't stop talking!!!:laughing:
Just glad to be back and checking in with everyone. Makes me feel like life is returning to normal.:hippie:

They have both types of boats. They seem to alternate, so that if the wrong type arrives, just wait for the next one. :)

Thanks. We are considering a stay at the villas fort wilderness. We just stayed at BLT and the convenience and 1 bedroom size were so nice, but I'm not very interested in paying rack rate for BLT. (Even the pins are excluding it). Would VFW be comparable ?

Thanks. We are considering a stay at the villas fort wilderness. We just stayed at BLT and the convenience and 1 bedroom size were so nice, but I'm not very interested in paying rack rate for BLT. (Even the pins are excluding it). Would VFW be comparable ?

To clarify...the villas are at Wilderness Lodge. Fort Wilderness has the cabins. Which ones were you inquiring about? The one bedrooms at VWL would be comparable to BLT, although they only have one bathroom, and no sleeper chair (I think). The cabins have a bedroom with a double bed, and a set of bunk beds, plus a double bed in the living room. Also one bathroom. No laundry in the cabins.

What time is the Flag Family up on the roof?

I thought about checking to see if anyone was doing it on two of our mornings but wanted to see what time before volunteering incase it wouldn't work with our schedule.

I can't believe I don't remember the Flag Family Time:confused3!!! I looked through my files and all I found was the envelope the letter came in and the cool certificate Ranger Jack gives you. I then remembered that I handed the letter to Ranger Jack when we arrived and I never got it back.Sorry.:worried:

Oh, wait,it was probably early morning,because you run the flags up the poles and that would happen in the morning,probably around 8:30 or so. No sense running flags up in the afternoon......

BTW, you don't get to pick the day. You tell them at the desk which days you're available and they try for one of those, IF you're picked, because getting picked as Flag Family isn't guaranteed.

To clarify...the villas are at Wilderness Lodge. Fort Wilderness has the cabins. Which ones were you inquiring about? The one bedrooms at VWL would be comparable to BLT, although they only have one bathroom, and no sleeper chair (I think). The cabins have a bedroom with a double bed, and a set of bunk beds, plus a double bed in the living room. Also one bathroom. No laundry in the cabins.

Thanks for clarifying. I was thinking about the wilderness lodge.

Oh, wait,it was probably early morning,because you run the flags up the poles and that would happen in the morning,probably around 8:30 or so. No sense running flags up in the afternoon......

BTW, you don't get to pick the day. You tell them at the desk which days you're available and they try for one of those, IF you're picked, because getting picked as Flag Family isn't guaranteed.

That's kinda what I figured. We have a couple days that are more flexible than the others so I'll just ask for either if they were available. No even sure mom would do it but it might be fun.

That's kinda what I figured. We have a couple days that are more flexible than the others so I'll just ask for either if they were available. No even sure mom would do it but it might be fun.

We stayed eight nights last year and there was no availability. We will try for it next week when we go. Fingers crossed!

MAGIC COOKIE HOUR: Saturdays from 2-3 in Roaring Fork
Hi. Can someone here please explain what a magic cookie hour is? I get the cookie part, just not what goes on during the hour.

Also, unrelated, just to update on water park passes -- just visit Concierge and ask for Complimentary Water Park Pass since the pool is closed. You'll get "1-Day Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon Ticket - Complimentary" tickets added to your MDE.

Also, sorry if this is old hat, but anyone have the magic decoder ring for what busses go where that depart from WL? I know some go to GF on their way to the other parks -- anyone know which ones (Epcot, AK, Hollywood)? According to the pool closure, one goes to Contemporary as well -- does it say "Contemporary"? Is there any bus that stops at Poly? Thanks!

Hi. Can someone here please explain what a magic cookie hour is? I get the cookie part, just not what goes on during the hour.

We arrived just at magic cookie hour for our trip in march this year. It was sugar cookies, frosting and sprinkles that you can use to decorate your cookie. I'll try to post a pic...

We arrived just at magic cookie hour for our trip in march this year. It was sugar cookies, frosting and sprinkles that you can use to decorate your cookie. I'll try to post a pic...
Thanks! I'm surprised no ones ever mentioned that here. Now I know!

;)

DS was a distance runner in HS and has ventured on to collegiate XC now. He ran the trails between WF and FW every day for between 8-10 miles and they were fine. I'm sure it'll be a little more comfortable for your DS running in the spring than it was in July.:scared1: Good luck to him in his final HS season! :thumbsup2

P.S. You picked a great resort for 'down time!' Don't count on this being your last trip together.

Thanks CuteAsMinnie! Glad to hear that you can get in that many miles on the Trails. And thanks for the P.S. My friends have told me that as long as you are paying for a trip, the older kids will keep vacationing with you pixiedust:

Has anyone heard updates on the progress of the construction? We are wondering if it is scheduled to be finished on time. Those pics do not look very promising.

At the villas, can anyone clarify what a 1 bedroom lock-off means specifically? I think it means that it's a 1 bedroom with the potential to become a 2 bedroom. (By adding a studio) Is that right?

What I'm trying to figure out is if there's potential to stay in a one bedroom that has one of those kitchen table/neat fold down beds? I doubt it. But I thought someone on here might know for sure.

At the villas, can anyone clarify what a 1 bedroom lock-off means specifically? I think it means that it's a 1 bedroom with the potential to become a 2 bedroom. (By adding a studio) Is that right? What I'm trying to figure out is if there's potential to stay in a one bedroom that has one of those kitchen table/neat fold down beds? I doubt it. But I thought someone on here might know for sure.

The lockoff is what you thought - a one bedroom that has a connecting door to a studio. If you booked a 2 bedroom lockoff you'd have the regular 1 bedroom and a connecting studio with a queen bed, double sleeper sofa and the pull down Murphy bed. But the one bedrooms themselves do not have the table muphy bed.

The lockoff is what you thought - a one bedroom that has a connecting door to a studio. If you booked a 2 bedroom lockoff you'd have the regular 1 bedroom and a connecting studio with a queen bed, double sleeper sofa and the pull down Murphy bed. But the one bedrooms themselves do not have the table muphy bed.

Thanks so much! So helpful! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter