(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info on the first floor Courtyard. I am thinking maybe the side that looks over the Villa pool does not have a gate around the patio but I just cant remember. The other family that is going has a smoker. This is their first trip and I am sure he will want easy access to the designated smoking area I beleive is over by the villas. Thought it would be easy if he could go right out his patio.

So I want to request first floor pool view connecting room??

AND for New Years Eve... first year went to Epcot...WOW total crazy and I mean total. The Christmas crowds normally do not bother me but that did! Last year we did the resort and went to Hoop De Do Review! Now that was fun! I may try and brave Hollywood Studios this year but you would not get me back to Epcot on New Years Eve again! Other than that...I love Xmas at Disney. I am just hoping for warmer weather this year. Last year it was BRRRRR COLD!

Thanks for the info on the first floor Courtyard. I am thinking maybe the side that looks over the Villa pool does not have a gate around the patio but I just cant remember. The other family that is going has a smoker. This is their first trip and I am sure he will want easy access to the designated smoking area I beleive is over by the villas. Thought it would be easy if he could go right out his patio.

So I want to request first floor pool view connecting room??

Yeah, their terminology is "inner courtyard" for the ones that face the main pool, but if that isn't as big of a deal it opens up another 50% more rooms if you go with any 1st floor courtyard view room, since there are those ones on the South side of the South wing by the villas. There should be connecting rooms in either location, usually with a bunk room connecting to a room with 2 queens, but some other combinations are possible.

:wave2: Just saying hello, as we are taking a red eye this Saturday night and arriving early Sunday morning for 8 days. We have two grown daughters, and the youngest was just married a few weeks ago, one year after our oldest. After such a busy year we chose our favorite place for some much needed "us" time. Can't wait to get there and finally start relaxing!

The current four colors are shown here.
Disney-World-Resort-Refillable-Mugs-2-600x339.jpg

The availability should be the same at all the resorts.

Thank you so much!!!

Question: Is Goofy :goofy: on all of them? Yes.............I'm asking..........he's my favorite character :goodvibes Thank you in advance for helping a 52 year old Goofy fan!!!! :thumbsup2 Doug :goofy:

Yes it looks like the logo is the same, only the handle and lid color vary. Yay for Goofy!

We are 115 days out from the Christmas vacation, and with everything that has been going on this past year, I am really looking forward to Christmas this year. I am a Christmas fanatic and I have lost a bit of my Christmas spirit. Just hearing about the decorations at WL is getting me excited.

I went ahead and booked a Candlelight Processional dinner package.... which is more like lunch since I booked it for Christmas Eve. We will have lunch at the Rose and Crown and then a late dinner at Teppan Edo.

It has been a long time since I have been to WDW at Christmas (we used to go every year when we would spend Christmas with my grandparents who had a winter place over near St. Pete's) what are the crowds like the week of Christmas?

We checked in this past Sunday and are unfortunately checking out tomorrow. We will be in MK all day tomorrow before we begin our drive home. My wife and I stayed here 17 years ago and this is our first time back since and this time with our 2 daughters (14 & 12). We have had a fantastic week. The lodge was incredible and our girls just loved it. Our oldest has autism and we found the lodge was a relaxing place for her in the midst of the sensory overload of the parks. The staff was awesome as well. My girls loved the towel animals left for them each days and were excited to see how their stuffed animals were arranged each day by the cleaning staff.

The DAS card along with the fast pass was great. We hit everything we wanted to do and then some. We were on the fence about memory maker, but then a week before our trip my mother in law gave us some money and we purchased it. I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone staying multiple days. We have well over 200 pictures so far with many neat magic shots.

The boats were very timely for us and the only night they were a pain for us was last night when leaving the MK after fireworks, but that was expected. We did not use the buses at all. My wife rented a scooter for the week and we did not want to tie up the buses and inconvenience others so we drove to the other parks with no problem at all. Since the scooter could not go on the tram, I would put my wife and girls on the tram and I would drive the scooter to the gate and back. It worked out really well.

The girls loved the pool, but we are looking forward to seeing what they have in store for the new one. There were no signs of construction all week except for the one small south facing woods view wing. Our room was further down on the 5th floor woods view and we had no construction. We overlooked the villas pool.

We are sad to go as we don't know when we may make it back, but the girls would love to come back again. This trip was for our 20th wedding anniversary and my wife and I are considering coming back with the family for our 25th.

Now for the long drive back to SJ this Saturday.

We are 115 days out from the Christmas vacation, and with everything that has been going on this past year, I am really looking forward to Christmas this year. I am a Christmas fanatic and I have lost a bit of my Christmas spirit. Just hearing about the decorations at WL is getting me excited. I went ahead and booked a Candlelight Processional dinner package.... which is more like lunch since I booked it for Christmas Eve. We will have lunch at the Rose and Crown and then a late dinner at Teppan Edo. It has been a long time since I have been to WDW at Christmas (we used to go every year when we would spend Christmas with my grandparents who had a winter place over near St. Pete's) what are the crowds like the week of Christmas?
Crowds are very very crowded and will close to capacity early during Christmas Day and New Year's Eve for sure. The entire week in between the holidays is at peak crowd levels

Hi WL experts! :goodvibes Does anyone have advice about Christmas decorations for our room that won't take up too much space or violate any rules about what is or isn't allowed? Would a 3 foot tree be too big? I noticed Disney florist has an 18 inch tree but that seems too small. What about Christmas lights? Are those allowed? Stocking hung somehow? Removable hooks perhaps? I'd love any tips as this will be our first time spending 12/24-12/25 on property. :santa:

Crowds are very very crowded and will close to capacity early during Christmas Day and New Year's Eve for sure. The entire week in between the holidays is at peak crowd levels

We will be there from the 21st to the 27th.
Crowds don't really bother me (as long as I have someone with me) but my husband gets easily frustrated by a lot of people (mainly people doing stupid things... Like the guy who ran over him in a scooter when 10minutes before he was standing in front of us with a child on his shoulders)
Thanks for the info.

I am mainly looking forward to just being at the Lodge :)

After staying at YC in Aug 2013 and BC a last week I am so happy to being coming back to WL with FD Bouceback offer August 2015!. I enjoyed my stay at the YC but I really missed WL. WL is where we have always have stayed before and so happy to go back there and see the changes that have been made since we were there in 2011.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi Everyone. We are just back from a week at CBR which was a fantastic trip, however, we are even more excited to have booked WL for our bounce back offer for next August. Our offer was for free dining, and we were really hoping to try WL for our next trip, so we are thrilled. I will be spending a lot of time here seeing what this resort is all about. Can't wait to be a part of it.

After staying at YC in Aug 2013 and BC a last week I am so happy to being coming back to WL with FD Bouceback offer August 2015!. I enjoyed my stay at the YC but I really missed WL. WL is where we have always have stayed before and so happy to go back there and see the changes that have been made since we were there in 2011.

Hi Everyone. We are just back from a week at CBR which was a fantastic trip, however, we are even more excited to have booked WL for our bounce back offer for next August. Our offer was for free dining, and we were really hoping to try WL for our next trip, so we are thrilled. I will be spending a lot of time here seeing what this resort is all about. Can't wait to be a part of it.

Congratulations to you both. Having a WL bounce back to look forward to has to help with returning to normal life. It is neat you'll both be there in August 2015. You'll have 11+ months of thread watching to do to help pass the time. Enjoy! :thumbsup2

We are back and was so excited to stay one last time at the Lodge before the remodel - this was a split stay - Sun-Thurs at the YC and Thurs-Mon at the WL. While I enjoyed both resorts the WL remains our favorite. There is just something about walking through those doors that just sends all the stress melting away :cloud9: Our request of inner courtyard upper floor was granted and we watched the higher Wishes fireworks from our balcony each evening :goodvibes this was fantastic as the trip was about relaxation. Roaring Forks was awesome with my food allergies as always. Just a wonderful stay!!! I just hope that they are able to maintain the same "feel" of the resort with the changes being made :upsidedow

We are back and was so excited to stay one last time at the Lodge before the remodel - this was a split stay - Sun-Thurs at the YC and Thurs-Mon at the WL. While I enjoyed both resorts the WL remains our favorite. There is just something about walking through those doors that just sends all the stress melting away :cloud9: Our request of inner courtyard upper floor was granted and we watched the higher Wishes fireworks from our balcony each evening :goodvibes this was fantastic as the trip was about relaxation. Roaring Forks was awesome with my food allergies as always. Just a wonderful stay!!! I just hope that they are able to maintain the same "feel" of the resort with the changes being made :upsidedow

Instead of doing a split stay, we are doing a split trip - four nights at the YC in Sept and five nights at the WL in Oct. :upsidedow There is something about the WL that keeps drawing us back. :goodvibes

Since they are just planning to fence in the main pool and add a splash pad, I don't think it will affect the feel of the resort. We never spent much time in that pool area anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter