(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Construction update...

Scaffolding has gone up and covers the entire south facing part of the lodge. Quite noisy. Nothing over on the north side where my room is luckily. Looks like some serious exterior room work to be done as the whole area is covered by the scaffolding.

oh no! When I called yesterday I specifically asked the manager if there was scaffolding/if it was noisy and he said no, I made sure to ask him if he was at the lodge itself (wanted to make sure I was not talking to someone in a call center in another state). I will be staying in the villas, is the south part close to where I will be staying?

When we stayed in the beach club a few years ago, I was never notified by Disney that there was construction going on, I paid big bucks for a nice view balcony , only to have it entirely obstructed view with scaffolding, also it was LOUD all day long, I really don't want to deal with that again. I have called Disney three times and was reassured it will not be noisy and the manager said there was that "minor project" but this sounds a lot more extensive. I looked online & no other villas are available for our travel dates. I just hope it is not as bad as when we stayed at the beach club...I also wish Disney would be up front about the construction when I call. :sad2:
~ Marina

I have called Disney three times and was reassured it will not be noisy and the manager said there was that "minor project" but this sounds a lot more extensive. I looked online & no other villas are available for our travel dates. I just hope it is not as bad as when we stayed at the beach club...I also wish Disney would be up front about the construction when I call. :sad2:
~ Marina
Most of the villas rooms are not that close to the WL. Here is a diagram of the area:

Locations-of-Deluxe-Rooms-at-Disneys-WIlderness-Lodge.jpg

Most of the villas rooms are not that close to the WL. Here is a diagram of the area:

Locations-of-Deluxe-Rooms-at-Disneys-WIlderness-Lodge.jpg

I agree. I think the villas should be ok and the construction won't have much of an impact. I'll take some pictures tomorrow when I'm out in the morning.

Could someone explain more to me about this scaffolding situation? We check in on Sunday at the main lodge (courtyard view with bunk bed) and I'm extremely concerned about this. Is the whole main lodge covered in scaffolding? I called a few days ago and they told me there would be no construction (got the desk number from my CM aunt). My family (and myself)will be extremely disappointed about paying extra for scaffolding :( all updates appreciated!!!:sad2:

Could someone explain more to me about this scaffolding situation? We check in on Sunday at the main lodge (courtyard view with bunk bed) and I'm extremely concerned about this. Is the whole main lodge covered in scaffolding? I called a few days ago and they told me there would be no construction (got the desk number from my CM aunt). My family (and myself)will be extremely disappointed about paying extra for scaffolding :( all updates appreciated!!!:sad2:

I will take a walk all around the lodge today and take a good look....but what I saw yesterday was the scaffolding on the south facing, woods view rooms (but I didn't look at the entire south side. I was going from bus stop to lobby and the "woods view" rooms on the right were completely covered with scaffolding, top to bottom.

I will take pictures this morning and post for you. I have just woken up and will head out soon for coffee. My boys are going fishing today and I'm doing some laundry. I'll fill you all in in on the construction then.

Today is my 7th day here, 7 more to go. I'm absolutely loving the Lodge. It's such a wonderful place to come home to after a long, hot park day! This is our first stay and also first deluxe stay. On a hot day, you can't beat indoor corridors, I'm hooked. Don't think I can stay anywhere else but deluxe now!

Weather has been very hot so we are so glad we booked the water parks and more option. We've been leaving parks, heading to water park for a couple hours on the days when the heat becomes too much to bear.

Today the boys are Bass Fishing. Then we are heading to blizzard beach. Tonight is Harambe Nights!! I'm very excited about that!

Before we came down, we had read that you couldn't see much of the fireworks from the rooms due to the trees. Well, if anyone wants to see them, We are in room 6004 and have a great view. We can actually see the top of Cinderella's castle from our deck. It's an enclosed deck on the 6th floor so you need to stand but the view is great from here. We are the last room, closest to the lake, on the north side of the lodge. It's also very quiet, except for the boat whistles, fireworks and water parade, which we can also watch a bit of.

Alright....off to get on with my day. Detailed construction report to follow a bit later....

I am trying to book our Christmas trip. Poly out due to construction. GF is too expensive so right now leaning towards Beach Club or WL. Can someone tell me if the pool will be open the week of Christmas? I know swimming in December can be a bit chilly but my girls still enjoy it!

We have spent our last two holidays at the lodge and absolutely love the cozy feel!

Today is my 7th day here, 7 more to go. I'm absolutely loving the Lodge. It's such a wonderful place to come home to after a long, hot park day! This is our first stay and also first deluxe stay. On a hot day, you can't beat indoor corridors, I'm hooked. Don't think I can stay anywhere else but deluxe now!
The deluxe resorts have a way of doing that to people. I'm glad you are enjoying the WL. :goodvibes

Today the boys are Bass Fishing. Then we are heading to blizzard beach. Tonight is Harambe Nights!! I'm very excited about that!
It sounds like a great day! I would think that bass fishing n Bay Lake would be really nice.

Before we came down, we had read that you couldn't see much of the fireworks from the rooms due to the trees. Well, if anyone wants to see them, We are in room 6004 and have a great view. We can actually see the top of Cinderella's castle from our deck. It's an enclosed deck on the 6th floor so you need to stand but the view is great from here. We are the last room, closest to the lake, on the north side of the lodge. It's also very quiet, except for the boat whistles, fireworks and water parade, which we can also watch a bit of.

Our daughter and her family were in room 6010 and had a perfect view. Not a tree in the way at all. :)

Alright....off to get on with my day. Detailed construction report to follow a bit later...
Thanks for doing this for us. We all are anxious to know what is going on.

I will take a walk all around the lodge today and take a good look....but what I saw yesterday was the scaffolding on the south facing, woods view rooms (but I didn't look at the entire south side. I was going from bus stop to lobby and the "woods view" rooms on the right were completely covered with scaffolding, top to bottom.

I will take pictures this morning and post for you. I have just woken up and will head out soon for coffee. My boys are going fishing today and I'm doing some laundry. I'll fill you all in in on the construction then.

Alright....off to get on with my day. Detailed construction report to follow a bit later....

Marlyn thanks for keeping us updated, appreciate it! :goodvibes

I'm arriving the 18 and booked in a Woods View! What kind of construction are they doing & how long is it going to last! I hope they don't put me in that area!

Hi there. NEVER stayed at a WL resort before, always YC!! For Spring Break am thinking of the villas....Rumor has it they have been updated. True? If so any link on pictures? thanks!

imagejpg1-1.jpg

Hope this works. I've never posted pics before. Here is the scaffolding on the south facing woods view rooms.

imagejpg2.jpg

The waterfall works perfectly but...

The creek down from the waterfall is dry today.

imagejpg3.jpg

So it's now super important to request a woods view north wing now right?

Yes, I would say so....that's some serious scaffolding. I don't think it's coming down anytime soon. It just went up in the last couple of days.

Wow, that's some major scaffolding. I would be upset if I ended up in one of those rooms with no forewarning from WDW. :sad2:

Wow! That is truly awful! I would be furious if we got there and it looked like that! Esp with no notice...I guess it's starting to look more and more like we did the right thing.

Wow, that's some major scaffolding. I would be upset if I ended up in one of those rooms with no forewarning from WDW. :sad2:

The CM we spoke with last weekend said that the rooms with the scaffolding will be taken out of inventory while the repairs are done on the exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter