(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to AllEars:

The Trout Pass Pool Bar will be closed while the Silver Creek Springs pool is closed, September 3 through November 27, 2014.

Thank you all of the wonderful photos! My nephew and I will be staying WL CL 10/22-10/26 then POFQ 10/26-28. We stayed in Woods View room in June and are returning with the BB offer. This will be our 1st CL stay and we are soooo excited. Could you please add us to your list?

Also hoping we can meet anyone from the Dis boards who might be there at same time.

Do you think the smaller pool which will be open will be super crowded or might most people take Advantage of the other resort pools offered? I am a little concerned as my nephew has several disabilities including ASD, BiPolar, and a visual impairment ... He sometimes needs assistance w/bathroom which would not be possible if we were at a pool at a another resort. I thought about rescheduling our trip but this is a good time for us to come. He probably enjoys being in the pool more than being in the parks so I know he will not be happy if he is unable to move around in the pool.

OMG. I'm in shock. I did it! The Place: WL Club Level, Standard Room, Late Fall Discount, Dining Plan. The Travelers: Me and my soon-to-be 11-year-old daughter. The Dates: December 13 through December 21. Airfare: Paid Deposit: Paid Travelers Insurance: Paid Magical Express: Reserved Let the Planning Commence! :yay:

You are going to LOVE the lodge! I am jealous that you will be able to see if all dressed up for Christmas! :)

You're welcome, mrsap. I always happy to make someone more excited about WL. We ware honored that your 1000th post was right here on this fine thread. Congratulations and here's to 1000 more:drinking1

Thank you so much!! I never thought I'd hit a 1000 posts, didn't think I talked all that much on the boards lol I'm honored, and so happy to be on this board! You really are a big help! Thanks again for everything!! Now if November would just get here already! lol :yay:

Thank you all of the wonderful photos! My nephew and I will be staying WL CL 10/22-10/26 then POFQ 10/26-28. We stayed in Woods View room in June and are returning with the BB offer. This will be our 1st CL stay and we are soooo excited. Could you please add us to your list?

Also hoping we can meet anyone from the Dis boards who might be there at same time.

Do you think the smaller pool which will be open will be super crowded or might most people take Advantage of the other resort pools offered? I am a little concerned as my nephew has several disabilities including ASD, BiPolar, and a visual impairment ... He sometimes needs assistance w/bathroom which would not be possible if we were at a pool at a another resort. I thought about rescheduling our trip but this is a good time for us to come. He probably enjoys being in the pool more than being in the parks so I know he will not be happy if he is unable to move around in the pool.

I'm going on the assumption that that pool is going to be hugely crowded. It's not a big pool at all. I'm going from Aug 31-Sept 5...planning on doing most of my swimming before the 3rd!!! We're staying at VWL, so normally use that pool anyway. I doubt all that many people are going to trek over to the CR or FtW to use their pools...it's a huge pain in the neck to do so. If the substitute pool was closer, I think more guests would make the move, but I think most people will try to use Hidden Springs...and then be unpleasantly surprised when they see how small and crowded the pool is. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong.

Thank you for all the pictures Kook! We can't wait to finally see this beautiful resort in person next weekend! :banana:

Booked this morning May 26 to June 4.

Only 300 more days to another adventure starts.

Only 8 days to go. I just finished writing out all my lists of what needs to get done over the next week and I have WAY more to do than I originally thought. Well at least if I'm busy then the time will pass faster. The family so so excited for this trip :)

Thank you all of the wonderful photos! My nephew and I will be staying WL CL 10/22-10/26 then POFQ 10/26-28. We stayed in Woods View room in June and are returning with the BB offer. This will be our 1st CL stay and we are soooo excited. Could you please add us to your list? Also hoping we can meet anyone from the Dis boards who might be there at same time. Do you think the smaller pool which will be open will be super crowded or might most people take Advantage of the other resort pools offered? I am a little concerned as my nephew has several disabilities including ASD, BiPolar, and a visual impairment ... He sometimes needs assistance w/bathroom which would not be possible if we were at a pool at a another resort. I thought about rescheduling our trip but this is a good time for us to come. He probably enjoys being in the pool more than being in the parks so I know he will not be happy if he is unable to move around in the pool.

Head on over to the DISabilities forum and ask those great people about this. If you can use a family restroom, perhaps there is one convenient to that gigantic pool complex at CR. The pool is quite removed from the main building and has a pool bar at least, so there is room for a restroom area. The Meadows at FW also has quite the complex of buildings. Being a campground I am sure there are facilities close to the pool.

we, too, are official. booked a villa for 1/24-1/31.

really looking forward to it! adr's are made (for the most part), now we do some minor tweaking, and wait!

we're headed over to FW one day for the archery experience (2:45 - 4:15).

trying to figure out if we should head from there to epcot for dinner or maybe do hoop-dee-doo.

if we stayed for the revue, any tips on other things we should check out at FW between 4:15 and 6:15? i saw the wagon rides offered, but that's not until 6, so we'd have to do the revue at 8:30.

anyone know anything about horseback riding there?

thanks!

My hubby is blind and we moved our trip to another hotel because I too was worried about him being able to get around with construction (walls up, pathways blocked, etc). He has WL memorized so I was not pleased.

Booked this morning May 26 to June 4.

Only 300 more days to another adventure starts.

:yay: We will be trailing right behind you !!!:dance3:

Only 8 days to go. I just finished writing out all my lists of what needs to get done over the next week and I have WAY more to do than I originally thought. Well at least if I'm busy then the time will pass faster. The family so so excited for this trip :)

Why does that. 'To Do ' list always seem overwhelming right before vacation!:sad2:

No worries tho!!!! You will be HOME lickity-split !!!!:yay:

According to AllEars:

The Trout Pass Pool Bar will be closed while the Silver Creek Springs pool is closed, September 3 through November 27, 2014.

This really STINKS. We are bringing a group down in October. We love the Poly and wanted everyone to stay there, but with all the construction going on we opted for WL (this is a first-time ever trip for 5 of the people in our group). DH and I did a "scouting trip" to WL in March and loved it. A major draw for our group of adults is a great bar to hang out at, and we felt the Trout Pass fit the bill. Now that is off the table. Really Disney? With the Poly pool down they couldn't wait until the cooler weather to screw WL guests? So I guess the entire ambiance will be ruined with construction. I feel like I should cancel the whole thing at this point.

This really STINKS. We are bringing a group down in October. We love the Poly and wanted everyone to stay there, but with all the construction going on we opted for WL (this is a first-time ever trip for 5 of the people in our group). DH and I did a "scouting trip" to WL in March and loved it. A major draw for our group of adults is a great bar to hang out at, and we felt the Trout Pass fit the bill. Now that is off the table. Really Disney? With the Poly pool down they couldn't wait until the cooler weather to screw WL guests? So I guess the entire ambiance will be ruined with construction. I feel like I should cancel the whole thing at this point.

Take your adults and walk over to the bar at FW!! Even more fun!! you can walk, boat or bus back!! Love grabbing a beer and sitting on the porch in the rocking chairs (it's been a few years so I assume its still there!!!!)

And honestly, I read somewhere they are running more boats to the CR, the pool area there is quite large, (2 of them) its a 5 minute ride, make sure you go check it out, you can eat at the restaurant also by the pools.

Take your adults and walk over to the bar at FW!! Even more fun!! you can walk, boat or bus back!! Love grabbing a beer and sitting on the porch in the rocking chairs (it's been a few years so I assume its still there!!!!)

And honestly, I read somewhere they are running more boats to the CR, the pool area there is quite large, (2 of them) its a 5 minute ride, make sure you go check it out, you can eat at the restaurant also by the pools.

I appreciate your suggestions, and believe me, we will be hanging at the Contemporary at times, but I am really getting tired of putting up with construction and "fewer amenities" at WDW resorts with no discounts.

According to AllEars:

Kook, Do you know the hours of the Territory Lounge? Wondering if it's only open during the evenings?

Kook, Do you know the hours of the Territory Lounge? Wondering if it's only open during the evenings?
2c1ab629-03fe-4496-bda5-6fc01cf49b21.jpg

Thanks for posting the hours, Kook. Now, I'm wondering if they might open it earlier since Trout Pass will be closed. Sometimes I like a beverage if I sit at the pool.

Thanks for posting the hours, Kook. Now, I'm wondering if they might open it earlier since Trout Pass will be closed. Sometimes I like a beverage if I sit at the pool.
I think that with the pool bar closed, they should definitely expand the TP hours. In fact, the lost revenue alone should motivate them to do so. Like at an airport, bars at resorts should have fairly liberal hours for those who would like to imbibe on vacation. But, maybe Disney has some internal rule regarding resort bar hours since they never open when the pools open:confused3...it's 5:00 somewhere. We don't even drink much, but it makes revenue sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter