(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
We learned that the geyser is separate when we took the lodge tour last January. It is not connected to the pool's water source, so I would assume it will still run. It is outside of the work area.

You are now my favorite person on DIS!!!! :worship: :good vibes

YAYYYY!!!!!! Thank you so much!! I am even more excited now! :banana:

We could hardly see the pool area at all from our fifth floor courtyard view room last January. We were in the upper courtyard near the Bearface rooms. I love the view of Bay Lake. It is the best lake at WDW. :goodvibes:goodvibes We will be at the lodge in October and we're really not too worried about the construction. The resort is so gorgeous that a torn up pool won't matter.

What a view! That balloon ride looks like a lot of fun. Can you see any of the resorts from there?

Short answer is yes! It depends on weather conditions as how far you see and how high you go up. These were from 350 feet. DH took these as I'm afraid of heights.

I have to go up in that DTD balloon this trip. I almost did last trip...had a Groupon for it and everything, but it was too windy the evening we were at DTD.

TinkerBellLiz thank you so much for sharing those unbelievable photos. Like you I have issues with heights so those photos are about as close as i'll get to see the views from that height......LOL ;)

Doug :goofy:

I just completed the lodge tour with Ranger Jack. He said Silver Creek is supposed to be turned on today! Yay!!!

Yaay!!! 12 days to go until we leave. So excited :D

Right there with you! (although, we are making a short trip to HP first)
I told my DH last night that we are going to the WL at a very opportune time- right after the waterfall refurbishment and right before the pool closure.
OK, back to the never-ending laundry. I am trying very hard to be careful with my back- it has had some minor flare-ups in the last week and I am extremely determined to make it there this year!!
Pixie dust please!

Kook could you please remove us from the log:( I really wanted to stay at WL this trip but there were no discounts available, including the military discount I was counting on. We made the switch to POFQ. Hopefully we will try out the lodge next Christmas!:)

Kook, Popping in to ask you to remove us from the log. We cancelled our December trip due to work obligations.

Working on a trip in February again, but are going to try out the Beach Club this time.

We love the Wilderness Lodge and this thread is so very helpful so I know we will be back again someday!

Thank you, Patty

Does anyone know what floor that the standard view rooms facing the Contemporary have the enclosed balconies? Is it the 5th floor? And what floor facing the Contemporary would be the best to request for a standard view?

TIA!!!

This week it became official we are staying at WL 28 Nov-6 Dec. This will be our first stay at a deluxe. I am so excited!!!

Now to educate myself on the resort. Our TA asked us if we wanted to make any room requests, any BTDT suggestions?

My folks will be glamping at Fort Wilderness. I've heard ther is a trail btw the campground and WL.
How long is the walk from WL to the campground? Is it Stroller friendly? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter