(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they are right :) Thanks for the update!:figment:

After having coffee I see workers on the scaffolding scrubbing the window frames in prep for painting. This is RIGHT over the stream coming out of the main building. It also looks like they are draining standing water from the stream.

I'll report next time AFTER coffee!

I also need to read back on how to post via mobile. AFTER coffee! I have pics of the work.

Liz

Stream yesterday. It's almost empty today but I'm guessing the won't refill it until the window painting is done.

Liz

We were told yesterday on check in they were waiting for something to dry and any day now. No work being done but scaffolding is still up outside. We were also told it had been raining lots prior to yesterday. Liz

They are definitely giving different answers to different people! Lol. They told us a few days ago it would be two to three more days. There has been heavy rains two of the last five days. A times there appeared to be water in the stream but it was from collected rainfall. :(

Good morning, Lodgers! I have noticed people inquiring in the past about the noise level in the courtyard view rooms (for naps and sleeping kids), so I thought I would update on that today. We are in courtyard view room 4125. During they afternoon when the pool games get going (seems like between 2:30 and 6:00), the notice level in to the room from the pool is quite loud. The pool host is using a microphone and really excited to get the crowd going. We keep the balcony doors closed and the draperies closed while we are resting or napping, but it has still woke us up a couple of times. They are playing some lively games down there! LOL

On a side note, we were in Magic Kingdom for the fireworks again last night and moving through the hub area after the show. It absolutely sickens me how people just throw there trash down on the ground and don't worry about it. As fireworks viewers walked out and we walked through, it was just a mess! Trash blowing everywhere, bottles all over the ground. I felt horrible for the workers diligently working to clean up the area - I am sure it takes hours after the fireworks each night. Ugh!

I have a quick question that I'm sure someone here can help with: I have a woods view room booked currently and was hoping to have the military discount added to my reservation but so far that hasn't been available. I have been checking online a lot to see if a free dining room or RO fall discount room pops up, and if I happen to notice one by the grace of God, what do I do?!? Do I call disney to switch my reservation? Do I book it online then call to cancel the one I already have? I thought I would probably panic so I decided to ask you guys instead lol Thanks!

Just snapped this photo of workers planting some new, beautiful plants and flowers around the stream area. It is going to look beautiful! (The window cleaning and scaffolding is all concealed behind this area.)

Here is a rock that appears to be taped off for painting. This sits further down from the stream, close to the pool area.

This sign is clearly displayed as you are walking off the boat docks to the resort area, but I assume it is an ongoing problem. A few days ago, we took a bus from the Contemporary (that had come from Fort Wilderness Campgrounds), on our way back to WL. There were two families of five all dressed in swimwear and cover ups (they were obviously traveling together) from the campgrounds that were talking about trying out the pool at WL. As we disembarked the boat we watched them gather up all their kids, walk right passed the sign and go to the pool.

DH will be happy to see that pool sign...this has been a thorn in his side ever since DD started swimming. He always reports back the stories he hears poolside. One guy told his tagalong friends that WL pool is his favorite pool to bring the family after a hot morning in MK, then get right back to the park..."it's so much quicker than going all the way back to our resort!" Imagine DH hearing that as he is searching & searching for seat to sit and watch DD swim :headache: Let's hope it works, just a little :rolleyes1

I have a quick question that I'm sure someone here can help with: I have a woods view room booked currently and was hoping to have the military discount added to my reservation but so far that hasn't been available. I have been checking online a lot to see if a free dining room or RO fall discount room pops up, and if I happen to notice one by the grace of God, what do I do?!? Do I call disney to switch my reservation? Do I book it online then call to cancel the one I already have? I thought I would probably panic so I decided to ask you guys instead lol Thanks!

Some people call and have it switched and some book a new one and cancel the old. Personally, I used to call, but the inventory moves so fast these days that I would rather go ahead and book the better deal when I see it and cancel the old one later. I don't want to risk that I will be stuck on hold while they run out of rooms.

Anyone booked WL with the discounts despite the construction?

Yes i'll be staying in September. I'm not really worried about the pool construction. We like taking a dip in the pool but it isn't our first priority or even on the list of things to do. If we decide to have a down day we don't mind heading over to Beach Club as we have heard the pool is great!

Some people call and have it switched and some book a new one and cancel the old. Personally, I used to call, but the inventory moves so fast these days that I would rather go ahead and book the better deal when I see it and cancel the old one later. I don't want to risk that I will be stuck on hold while they run out of rooms.

Thank you! I'll just rebook if I see one:)

Trash blowing everywhere, bottles all over the ground. I felt horrible for the workers diligently working to clean up the area - I am sure it takes hours after the fireworks each night. Ugh!

I heard that WDW has quite the vacum/garbage system. I believe its some impressive deal from Sweden or someplace like that. It must be pretty impressive given whats written above and the fact that they're always ready to go in the morning.

Doug :goofy:

Yes i'll be staying in September. I'm not really worried about the pool construction. We like taking a dip in the pool but it isn't our first priority or even on the list of things to do. If we decide to have a down day we don't mind heading over to Beach Club as we have heard the pool is great!

you cannot use other resort's pools except for the specific resort designated by Disney as ok to use if your pool is closed, which I thought was Contemporary and Fort Wilderness?
Unless I missed something and BC is now also offered as a replacement for WL?

you cannot use other resort's pools except for the specific resort designated by Disney as ok to use if your pool is closed, which I thought was Contemporary and Fort Wilderness?
Unless I missed something and BC is now also offered as a replacement for WL?

No, BC is not an option. You are correct, only Contemporary and Ft. Wilderness are offered for WL guests to use during the feature pool rehab.

You won't be able to get into the BC pool. We stayed there the past two year and security around that pool is tight. They actually scan your magic bands and then give you a special bracelet to wear so you can have entry. They will not let you in unless your magic band says that you are staying at the BC or YC. When we stayed there we had cards and they would look for a specific number combination on it, now they scan your magic bands like they do in the parks. Sorry to disappoint you.

I actually think that is the reason why they will be putting a fence around the pool at WL, so they can check everyone going in to prevent people from resort hopping to go in the WL pool. Which kind of stinks because at BC the pool doesn't open until 10 because of that policy. Normally at the Wl we just wake up in the morning and go down, if they add a fence in institute the BC pool policy we won't be able to do that anymore :(

Anyone booked WL with the discounts despite the construction?

Yep, got a woods view room yesterday for late Oct., right before our Disney cruise. :woohoo: Even though we are going mid-week and only for two nights, it was the only deluxe room available with the fall discount, unless we wanted to spring for club-level (which we don't ;) ). I did see some rooms at the GF just opened up, but even with discount they're expensive enough we don't want to bother.

It's just DH and I, and we will likely spend all day at F&W both days, plus one night at MNSSHP, so chances are we will not get in the pool at all. So, the construction is not an issue, especially as we won't be looking over the courtyard.

We stayed at WL once before and had a horrible time, so I figure this short trip will be good for us - either we'll love it and realize last time was a fluke, or we'll hate it but will only have to put up with it for two days. ;) I suspect last time was just a combination of bad factors (horribly-placed room, rude employees, cold weather), and we'll enjoy ourselves more this time.

Can someone help me in figuring out a room request?

We have a woods view room. We definitely do not want to be off the lobby and would prefer to have a view of the pond rather than the villas, so if i ask for something like "north wing" or "otter pond or MK view", will they know what i'm talking about?

Last time we stayed in a courtyard view room, so I'm not very familiar with the woods view, but looking at posts 4 and 5 on here, it seems like those rooms at the top of the floorplan would be what we'd most enjoy if they are available.

Thanks! :)

Can someone help me in figuring out a room request?

We have a woods view room. We definitely do not want to be off the lobby and would prefer to have a view of the pond rather than the villas, so if i ask for something like "north wing" or "otter pond or MK view", will they know what i'm talking about?

Last time we stayed in a courtyard view room, so I'm not very familiar with the woods view, but looking at posts 4 and 5 on here, it seems like those rooms at the top of the floorplan would be what we'd most enjoy if they are available.

Thanks! :)
That sounds good. They will definitely know North Wing, and if you don't want to be near the lobby I would specifically request that too. This should be a fairly easy request to meet, since there are more Woods view rooms in the North wing than the South wing. :thumbsup2

No, BC is not an option. You are correct, only Contemporary and Ft. Wilderness are offered for WL guests to use during the feature pool rehab.

Wow it has gotten strict. I remember the days when we were able to resort hop and swim in whatever pool. Hmmm.. I will need to check my letter from WL again to make sure it is Contemporary and Ft. Wilderness. Thank you!

Mickey Mail came today...testing to see if I can post photo.../3010273A_zpsa32acc5e.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

AA9221E6-BFB1-4109-913B-4C0F39C55BEF_zpsdm0n4pvd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hopefully...fingers crossed! Yeah!!! Now to make them smaller!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter