(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two years ago we discovered the ease of DW taxis. Especially for DTD. Some of the drivers are a bit fussy about the short (low fare) trips, but overall, if you have time constraints, or are just impatient, taxis are a great alternative. If you don't mind paying.

Easiest way with your phone is to download the Snapbucket app. All you need is a free Photobucket account. You can then take photos using Snapbucket and it will automatically generate an image (IMG) code by automatically uploading it to Photobucket. Just copy/paste the IMG code into your post and the photo will appearpixiedust:. You can also upload photos manually to a free photo sharing site, such as Photobucket.

KOOK! Thanks for this...I think that as "Device Dumb" as I am, I can possibly do this!?! Gonna play around with this tonight. :thumbsup2

So no Fall Discounts (dropped this morning) for WL my week (it's the last Oct week that has FD, but I'm not doing FD).

After talking it over with mom we are going to stay with WL at Rack Rate for now. (adding FD would not save us money).

I will hope for a AP discount later or the release of more rooms at least for now.

There is actually very very little available at the Deluxe level my week or the week after.

POFQ (my favorite) and AoA (my least favorite but the suites are available) both have rooms but neither is appealing to my mom.

Guess even with construction at two deluxes there is no need to lure in reservations with discounts.

So no Fall Discounts (dropped this morning) for WL my week (it's the last Oct week that has FD, but I'm not doing FD). After talking it over with mom we are going to stay with WL at Rack Rate for now. (adding FD would not save us money). I will hope for a AP discount later or the release of more rooms at least for now. There is actually very very little available at the Deluxe level my week or the week after. POFQ (my favorite) and AoA (my least favorite but the suites are available) both have rooms but neither is appealing to my mom. Guess even with construction at two deluxes there is no need to lure in reservations with discounts.

No discount my week either:/ nov 15-22

Its been a few years since we have done HDD...so wanted to be sure there is still a boat from WL to HDD

thanks

I have some info on why there are no availabilitIes at WL for the new promo. I'm an owner/agent and when I called to apply the discount to some of my clients rooms a lot if resorts have no availability. The cm I talked to was already upset said she had been screamed at because if this. Apparently some agents, when a promo is released, go online and double book their clients who are already booked with deposit. Then they call and just cancel the original booking l. The cm beside her had an agent call and cancel 30 bookings because she went online this morning and rebooked. Well what happens is those rooms don't go back into the pool for the discount they go back as available at rack rate, so she not only had 30 bookings she caused other rooms to not be available also. She didn't know how many if those were WL but there were at least a couple she said. It's infuriating!!!! I would say keep checking and throughout the week maybe something will show up. There was nothing at AKL or AoA for my guests dates either.

I have some info on why there are no availabilitIes at WL for the new promo. I'm an owner/agent and when I called to apply the discount to some of my clients rooms a lot if resorts have no availability. The cm I talked to was already upset said she had been screamed at because if this. Apparently some agents, when a promo is released, go online and double book their clients who are already booked with deposit. Then they call and just cancel the original booking l. The cm beside her had an agent call and cancel 30 bookings because she went online this morning and rebooked. Well what happens is those rooms don't go back into the pool for the discount they go back as available at rack rate, so she not only had 30 bookings she caused other rooms to not be available also. She didn't know how many if those were WL but there were at least a couple she said. It's infuriating!!!! I would say keep checking and throughout the week maybe something will show up. There was nothing at AKL or AoA for my guests dates either.

Thank you for the info! :thumbsup2 That's absolutely disgusting. How could these agents not know those rooms go back as rack rate? I know that and I'm not an agent. Disney really needs to do something about this. Selfish jerks.

Even though we are still not sure if we will be going, I still called to see about getting the Fall discount on our RO reservation.

Nothing available for our BC reservation, but our WL CL was available so it dropped it quite a bit. I am still hoping the AP discounts come out, but if nothing is available when it comes out, at least we got something!

:headache: My TA said she was trying to update my ressie and the Disney site kept going down. When she called Disney they seemed to be as frustrated as us , as they are having all kinds of issues with the system. Time for some new computer techs at Disney ?

Not following the advantage to an agent here. Does she book the additional 30 rooms online so she secures them and THEN call to cancel the others because it takes so long on the phone to cancel? Why wouldn't she just call and have the discount applied to all 30?

MamaBear58 said:
Not following the advantage to an agent here. Does she book the additional 30 rooms online so she secures them and THEN call to cancel the others because it takes so long on the phone to cancel? Why wouldn't she just call and have the discount applied to all 30?

The advantage for the TA is that they can book 30 rooms online much quicker than by calling. Especially if they have a partner or employees to help. Even if they are solo it's much quicker.

Well we can only book a room at a time online do it still had to take done time but it would be faster than calling. I waited over 4 hours on hold just to get through. I guess she wanted to make sure her clients all got whst they wanted, which I would hope all agents want, but that's not the way to do it.

I have enjoyed reading along here but I am bidding adieu.

We are moving from VWL 11/17-26. Instead we are doing GF 11/30-12/8. We are going to Marco island for thanksgiving and this works better for flight prices, we will get to see the CP now, and won't run over into holiday crowds. No discounts at WL or VWL for those dates so we are doing GF. I was worried about the pool construction anyway since it was our first trip to WL, so better to go when it is complete and gorgeous. Happy travels everyone!:wizard:

Hi, Any one have any updates on the creek and waterfall as of late, any construction or work being done on it now? Seems like it has been quiet over there. :)

Hi, Any one have any updates on the creek and waterfall as of late, any construction or work being done on it now? Seems like it has been quiet over there. :)

We were told yesterday on check in they were waiting for something to dry and any day now. No work being done but scaffolding is still up outside. We were also told it had been raining lots prior to yesterday.

Liz

Thanks for this!! I've been looking to switch to a Standard view and have been calling/checking for weeks! After I saw your post I hurried and pulled up reservations and a Standard view popped up! You saved me a few bucks! Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter