• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting live from WL! The hotel is at 100% capacity right now, but it doesn't feel too bad. The only things that I've noticed are the pool being pretty crowded in the afternoons and the massive boat lines. One night we had to wait for 3 boats before we could board one to the Contemporary for our Chef Mickeys reservation (i felt particularly bad for the people in the MK line, though). I don't think we have ever taken the bus to MK in our past trips, but we sure have this trip! Other than that, it is not too bad. Mousekeeping has been great so far - we've had some sort of towel creation each day, and our mousekeeper always arranges my daughter's stuffed animals in the cutest ways. Let me know if anyone has any questions!
Thank you for posting LIVE! Very interesting about the 100% capacity:scratchin

We received a pin code in the mail today, so we just booked Wilderness Lodge for five days, 8/23 to 8/28! This will be our first visit to Wilderness Lodge. We've stayed at all the mods, except CSR. We've also stayed at Poly, Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge. We booked a bunk bed woods view room...meaning I won't have to share with DD and DH won't have to share with DS....both kickers!

We are taking a 7 day DCL cruise prior to our Wilderness stay from 8/16 to 8/23. This will be our longest Disney vacation to date. :)
Welcome and Happy First Visit! You're going to love WL:goodvibes...I'll add you to the Lodgers' Log.

It's starting to feel so close!!
My tickets arrived today so I was finally able to add them to MDE and make all of our fastpass+ selections:banana:.

I am just bursting with excitement. I am currently working on a grocery list for breakfast and snack items for the studio. We've always had the DDP before, but this time we are paying OOP so I am trying to plan some more filling breakfasts.
I did online check in and requested woods view for our studio. I think most of them are..but hey, better than a parking lot if I can avoid it.
I can barely stand the anticipation. We've only ever visited the lodge twice. Once about 4 years ago for a dinner at WCC and once in the summer of 2012 for lunch at Roaring Forks.
I can't tell you how many times I have looked at pictures of it all decorated for Christmas and though "if only..."
And now it's coming true in 53 days!!!!:santa:
:yay: Your trip is becoming more and more real everyday - happy planning!

Magic bands arrived today. Only 2 more Mondays that I have to go to work before vacation!!!!
You can do it! You should wear your MB to work to get you in the mood.

I honestly don't know why the resort is so full. The concierge said that WL seems to be having a "surge in popularity"...I guess I'd better stop recommending it to everyone I meet :). She mentioned that they were slammed at the front desk yesterday because they had 300 families check out and 300 families check in. I will say that we are here because my daughter has a fall break, so I'm sure a lot of other school do, too.
Also, I am so grateful to have a magic band and the ability to book fast passes. We were the second family in line at our turnstile at Epcot today and we headed straight to Soarin' - we must've been among the first 30 people there. Within the 2 minutes that I stood there and watched, the fast passes were already distributed out past 5:00. Similar situation with toy story on saturday. I feel really, really sorry for the people who are getting to these rides early and don't even have a chance with the regular fast passes. I guess the advice that I would pass on to anyone coming is to make those fast pass reservations because the old system might not be that reliable.
Celebrating my son's 3rd birthday tomorrow and heading to MNSSHP tomorrow night! The weather has been great so far, and I'm hoping it holds out for tomorrow!
:cake::bday: to DS!

We all need to start telling people to go to the Poly. I think they'll appreciate it, too since they're losing guests because of the construction.

In less than 1 week !!!! If only time would fly!!!
Unfortunately, time flies while you're on vacation:upsidedow

I know of 3 families that switched from Poly to WL last week for trips next spring. One mom told me she could even get CR for cheaper but didn't love the theme. The only other place I would consider is one of those new villas at VGF. As much as GF doesn't appeal to me, those villas look amazing.

It's the best first page ever!!!!!.... Thanks to the awesomeness of our very own KOOK!!!! :worship:
:hug::blush::faint: Thank you, you made my day. But, but...I thought it was tied with the CR/BLT thread:rolleyes1

Attention MB experts!

Does anyone know how you differentiate MBs linked to multiple reservations? I sort of have three different reservations for 8 nights at WL for Christmas due to three different discounts, (don't judge me:flower3:). Will our MBs arrive identified in some way so that we know which is for which room-only reservation or will we have to make sure to order three different colors and annotate which is for which reservation?

3 days until we check in :cool1: Question for you regulars...we have a pre-park opening ADR for CP on Monday morning. What time should we plan on catching the bus to the MK to get us there with time for pictures along Main Street before our 8:20 ADR?

:hug::blush::faint: Thank you, you made my day. But, but...I thought it was tied with the CR/BLT thread:rolleyes1 Attention MB experts! Does anyone know how you differentiate MBs linked to multiple reservations? I sort of have three different reservations for 8 nights at WL for Christmas due to three different discounts, (don't judge me:flower3:). Will our MBs arrive identified in some way so that we know which is for which room-only reservation or will we have to make sure to order three different colors and annotate which is for which reservation?
Some people have been getting a different color for each reservation. But from the reports I have been reading, one set of MBs have worked for all the reservations they have.

Attention MB experts!

Does anyone know how you differentiate MBs linked to multiple reservations? I sort of have three different reservations for 8 nights at WL for Christmas due to three different discounts, (don't judge me:flower3:). Will our MBs arrive identified in some way so that we know which is for which room-only reservation or will we have to make sure to order three different colors and annotate which is for which reservation?

Oh, WDWKOOK, we love you too much to judge you!!! But reading this question from you sure made my morning! :rotfl2::rotfl::flower3:

that reminds me of a question... I have my MB's for next week (YAY!!!!) but will I get new ones for my February trip?? That doesn't seem cost effective if I do

3 days until we check in :cool1: Question for you regulars...we have a pre-park opening ADR for CP on Monday morning. What time should we plan on catching the bus to the MK to get us there with time for pictures along Main Street before our 8:20 ADR?

We did this in September for an 8:10 ADR at CP. We left our room at 7:10 AM, caught a bus at 7:30, and were in line by 7:38 AM. We had to wait about 15 minutes for them to let us in to the park just before 8. We thought this timing worked out well, because by the time they let people in the line was a lot longer.

So, if you want to be to the gate by 8 I would be at the bus stop by 7:30 to allow for up to a 20 min wait and a 5 min ride. We LOVED our CP breakfast and now have another "must do" meal. :thumbsup2

We did this in September for an 8:10 ADR at CP. We left our room at 7:10 AM, caught a bus at 7:30, and were in line by 7:38 AM. We had to wait about 15 minutes for them to let us in to the park just before 8. We thought this timing worked out well, because by the time they let people in the line was a lot longer.

So, if you want to be to the gate by 8 I would be at the bus stop by 7:30 to allow for up to a 20 min wait and a 5 min ride. We LOVED our CP breakfast and now have another "must do" meal. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tips. We, too, have an early ADR (8:15) at Crystal Palace. :)

that reminds me of a question... I have my MB's for next week (YAY!!!!) but will I get new ones for my February trip?? That doesn't seem cost effective if I do

You'll have to let us know, since we have a March trip planned and I'm wondering if we'll get a set for that trip.

If Disney keeps sending MB's for every reservation, people will start to have more MB's than refillable mugs. ;)

Thanks for the reply. We'll shoot for being at the bus stop by 7:30am. This is our first breakfast at CP - I grew up in Orlando and going to WDW but was more of the day visitor back then and never ate at sit down places. Touring these days is so different, esp with kids along for the fun. :)

:hug::blush::faint: Thank you, you made my day. But, but...I thought it was tied with the CR/BLT thread:rolleyes1

Attention MB experts!

I am pretty sure it asked us to customize the name on the underside of the band. We just put our first names, but you could do something to note each reservation. Everyone in your party keeps the same color for each reservation then just use the underside to note dates of the trip.

It was my understanding though that your bands would be used over multiple trips. If you log into MDE and link the trips under the same user name I didn't think they would send multiple bands.

Some people have been getting a different color for each reservation. But from the reports I have been reading, one set of MBs have worked for all the reservations they have.
Hmmm... This is what my MB page looks like for three RO reservations:

Oh, WDWKOOK, we love you too much to judge you!!! But reading this question from you sure made my morning! :rotfl2::rotfl::flower3:
:hug: You're too kind and I'm too frugal so that's why I have 3 different RO reservations for 8 nights:blush:: 40% off Night 1, 35% off 2-4 and 20% off 5-8. It's the best I can do for Christmas:teacher:

I am pretty sure it asked us to customize the name on the underside of the band. We just put our first names, but you could do something to note each reservation. Everyone in your party keeps the same color for each reservation then just use the underside to note dates of the trip.

It was my understanding though that your bands would be used over multiple trips. If you log into MDE and link the trips under the same user name I didn't think they would send multiple bands.
:scratchin MDE wants to send 3 for 3 reservations all under the same name...see above.

Your trip is almost here!:yay:

Attention MB experts!

I, too, had 3 different reservations for my trip based on available discounts, so no judging here. When I customized my MBs, I did one set with the names (which are printed inside the bands) in all capital letters, one in all lowercase, and one with just the first letter capitalized. As it turns out, it didn't really matter because we were able to use just one set for the whole trip.

We check out tomorrow. It has been such a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to get back as soon as we can!

I, too, had 3 different reservations for my trip based on available discounts, so no judging here. When I customized my MBs, I did one set with the names (which are printed inside the bands) in all capital letters, one in all lowercase, and one with just the first letter capitalized. As it turns out, it didn't really matter because we were able to use just one set for the whole trip.

We check out tomorrow. It has been such a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to get back as soon as we can!
Last days are hard, but I'm glad you had a great trip and have a safe trip home (your other home;)). Thanks for the MB 411!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter