• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Epcot and MK are easy to get to from WL.

What about AK and DHS?

We are driving to FL, so we'll have a car and since parking is included in our stay, would it be a better use of our time to just drive to them?

Personally, the bus isn't so bad when you factor in you have to go through the gate, get "parked" then walk in. Even of you go early, sometimes, by the way parking is done, you could be further away..the bus eliminates that and the dreaded "dead" walk back the car and the inevitable "burn your booty" that comes with a hot car seat !! LOL

I think that there are only about 16 or 18 woods view rooms with closed balconies, so your odds of an open balcony are pretty good. The only WV rooms with a closed balcony are the ones that are on the 6th floor of the North wing. We are hoping for an open balcony, too. :goodvibes

Thanks for the info. I appreciate you (and GC and Kook) walking me through that one. :thumbsup2

My goodness, I am just going to be totally worthless out here in the "real world" counting down these last 13 days. :goodvibes I need to paint a couple of rooms, amass and burn a humongous brush pile, and paint my shutters in my spare time between now and vacation. Maybe all that work will make the time go faster. At least that is what I keep telling myself. :scratchin

Since everyone is posting these pictures and making me jealous::

Here is my favorite room view..2113
798178_4757591651502_1886099059_o.jpg

155005_4752067673406_137717589_n.jpg

All these pictures have me getting even more excited.........6 more days, 6 more days....I CAN MAKE IT 6 MORE DAYS!!:hyper:

Got the mail and there was an envelope from Magical Express, I got our tags a few weeks ago for our trip in 2 weeks. Opened it up and saw the tags with the red MK on them. Was curious and finally looked at my vouchers and it is for my trip in February!!!!???? Now, our big family trip is in December and we are at the Beach Club and don't have those vouchers yet, don't expect them for another couple months!! the only thing I can think of is, I booked my ME on line for Feb. Oh well, I hope I don't misplace them between now and Fe. 5th.

Got the mail and there was an envelope from Magical Express, I got our tags a few weeks ago for our trip in 2 weeks. Opened it up and saw the tags with the red MK on them. Was curious and finally looked at my vouchers and it is for my trip in February!!!!???? Now, our big family trip is in December and we are at the Beach Club and don't have those vouchers yet, don't expect them for another couple months!! the only thing I can think of is, I booked my ME on line for Feb. Oh well, I hope I don't misplace them between now and Fe. 5th.

Weird. I do not even have my Mickey Mail for our October trip. I was thinking it would come soon, since yesterday was our 45 days. We paid it off a month and a half ago, so I thought it was weird that they're waiting to send it.

Since everyone is posting these pictures and making me jealous::

Here is my favorite room view..2113
I've sat in those rockers looking at those rooms many times. Nice to see it from that angle. You must get a lot of bunnies on your patio:)

Kook are you going to be at the WL around the 1st of November?
No, I wish we could go that time of year. We'll be there at Christmas. When are your dates?

All these pictures have me getting even more excited.........6 more days, 6 more days....I CAN MAKE IT 6 MORE DAYS!!:hyper:
:yay:

I've sat in those rockers looking at those rooms many times. Nice to see it from that angle. You must get a lot of bunnies on your patio:)

We did.. I actually walked down to the sidewalk to take a picture of the creek and saw a few bunnies munching on some flowers

1236324_10201096748634642_1686082846_n.jpg

y'all aren't sick of my pictures yet, are ya??? :rotfl2:

:crowded:

One of the guys at work just went to MP last weekend.. He said it was Amazing.. He isn't one to rave about Disney food..but he said he has been to many restaurants in France and MP was right up there with them... I was shocked by his reaction...lol

Can't help you with Monsieur Paul, But we did finally eat at Artist Point this past July and it quickly became our favorite restaurant!! We were a party of 6, and nobody left unhappy!!

I can highly suggest both the Salmon dish and the Scallop dish. The Mushroom soup was amazing. And as full as we were my family shared the cobbler and the baked Alaska. YUMMMMMMY

TheLodgeLady dines often at AP and, if I recall correctly, she ate at MP this summer. She could help you to compare/contrast the two.

I was contemplating this same decision as you; however I am not a picky eater. With all the very positive reviews I have been reading about MP, I have decided to keep my ADR and go there instead of AP.

Hi there!

As Kook said, AP is my very favorite restaurant, but MP comes in a close second.

I see you said you guys are picky eaters, I on the other hand am a very adventerous one.

With that in consideration, I would pick AP. I think you will have more choices and a little more leeway in asking if you can substitute a side or have the sauce on the side there. To me AP is more of a down home style place with very good food. Also they have a wonderful selection of North Western wines (the manager is actually on a trip there right now exploring new wines for the restaurant). In all our times (and there have been many) we have been there we have only had 1 bad meal. And that was because we had a "not so good" waitress and was when they were transitioning chefs. The chefs there now are amazing and have found their place.

MP is another wonderful place to eat. And as it is "French" food, it is Disney "dumbed" down as they try to appeal to all. When we went this past summer, there were 8 of us and all loved it. We had one couple who have never been and they had many nice things to say. The food is prepared and cooked very well. Also, we have never gotten out of there in under 2 hours. As the manager said the restaurant is a place to savor the meal. Disney tends to over book them also. But, that never deters us from going.

I hope I helped a little. Please feel free to ask me anything.

Thanks everyone, I think we are going to stick with MP! The mushroom crusted steak looks to good to pass up and I want to find out what is so special about the soup:confused3. This will be the first date night in 4 years for me and DH so hopefully we can see illuminations from the table!pixiedust:

Anyone headed to WL in October able to personalize MB and make FP+ choices on MDE? I read that a couple of folks were able to. I wonder if that means they added WL to the test?

If you can, please advise the dates of your stay at WL.

Thanks!!

Anyone headed to WL in October able to personalize MB and make FP+ choices on MDE? I read that a couple of folks were able to. I wonder if that means they added WL to the test?

If you can, please advise the dates of your stay at WL.

Thanks!!

I read this on one of the threads:

I'm staying at WL 10/27-11/2 and I was able to pick my MBs and FP+s tonight...

It sounds very promising for WL guests. :goodvibes

I decided to "modify" my online check in, basically go through all the steps but not change anything. BAM, suddenly I have MB to personalize!!:cool1::cool1:

Which is wonderful, because, for the 3rd time, my husbands work schedule has changed. We had added a day at the beginning of our trip, staying at POP, but am now having to cancel it. His work is driving me nuts! :scared:
Anyhoo, we had MB because of the POP stay, now we'll have them for the WL stay!!

I'm currently on the phone trying to cancel my POP res. Why, why, why do you have to CALL to cancel a room only res? Madness, I tell you, madness!! :sad2:

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge for Christmas. We have a BunkBed room Courtyard view. We were wanting to put in a request for bear face room but was wondering is there anywhere that shows which rooms have the bunkbeds?:confused3

I decided to "modify" my online check in, basically go through all the steps but not change anything. BAM, suddenly I have MB to personalize!!:cool1::cool1:

Which is wonderful, because, for the 3rd time, my husbands work schedule has changed. We had added a day at the beginning of our trip, staying at POP, but am now having to cancel it. His work is driving me nuts! :scared:
Anyhoo, we had MB because of the POP stay, now we'll have them for the WL stay!!

I'm currently on the phone trying to cancel my POP res. Why, why, why do you have to CALL to cancel a room only res? Madness, I tell you, madness!! :sad2:
Thank You!:worship:
I just did this and also got to personalize magic bands! I'm a little disappointed with the selection of Fast Pass+ and times?:sad2:

I decided to "modify" my online check in, basically go through all the steps but not change anything. BAM, suddenly I have MB to personalize!!:

Bummer didn't work for me...I have them for my post cruise stay at Poly, but not pre at WL...wonder if that's a problem. I am hoping they can link them!

No, I wish we could go that time of year. We'll be there at Christmas. When are your dates?

We arrive October 30th and leave November 5th!! 4th year in a row wish we could make it 50 years!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter