• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, there have been some amazing pictures the past couple of days. Thank you Moonshadow, GrandCalifornian and R2-JD. :thumbsup2 Right now it's midnight, I have to wake up at 5:30 and I' sitting here looking at pictures of the WL and beginning to feel like a kid anticipating Christmas eve...

I just noticed that as I started this reply I was 79 days away from returning to the WL and now I am only 78 days away. :banana:

Love Akershus, though I do miss the option of a non-Princess meal. For you though, bring on the Norwegian princesses! Can't wait for pics and review. Eat some herring and that great Norwegian cheese for me.

More scaffolding, huh? I think you're right that it's a permanent fixture now at WL.

We were very impressed with Akershus. Allie was shy at first, and the greeting was a little rushed, but the food was amazing. It was Melissa's favorite of the trip, and was very good.

Here is the skirt set (and it got the most comments of any outfit yet)
null_zps248043cb.jpg

null_zpse83db9db.jpg

And here's one for KOOK
null_zps25423a66.jpg

I can see our room! :)

I think it had just left from the right... :scratchin can't remember. I wanted to wait until it was gone but I heard someone coming up the walk way behind me and didn't want them in the pic.

Just got back from the first night of MNSSHP and it was a blast again. They changed the Headless Horseman ride from last year. This time there are more lights on and he goes much slower and actually stops quite a few times. Whether or not it is because the horse and rider had a fall last year, it is better in my opinion. Plus they added Celebrate the Magic to the lineup and it is very cool! And this years MNSSHP Mickey Popcorn bucket is so cute!

GrandCalifornian - great pics! Hope you guys had a great day! Say Hi to the Rockstar!

JD

Hello! It sounds like the party was great. Allie says hello, although right now we are trying to wake her up for Crystal Palace.

WOW, there have been some amazing pictures the past couple of days. Thank you Moonshadow, GrandCalifornian and R2-JD. :thumbsup2 Right now it's midnight, I have to wake up at 5:30 and I' sitting here looking at pictures of the WL and beginning to feel like a kid anticipating Christmas eve...

I just noticed that as I started this reply I was 79 days away from returning to the WL and now I am only 78 days away. :banana:
There have been some great pics posted. Thanks to all. I also just checked out Kook's photo tour and loved it. :)

I looked at the room view for the North wing lobby rooms for you, and it looks nice. There is a group of trees between the lodge and service road there.

The princess skirt with the ball fringe is so adorable. I'm not surprised that it got a lot of comments. :goodvibes I would guess that it made for a nice ice breaker with the princesses.

It is also nice to see her wearing her special wardrobe. My granddaughter probably wouldn't be quite so cooperative. ;)

We all know what you mean!!!! :goodvibes

Are there Autumn decorations up in the WL??? I was just watching the livestrram of MNSSHP and I started wondering...

GrandCalifornian.....she is just too cute!!! I can tell that you've had her model her outfits before. She's working it! That Princess outfit is adorable. I can see why she got the most comments on that one! Did you make it? If so....way to go!

And thanks for the pics! I got super excited sneaking a peek at your room in the pictures. I can't wait!! 7 more days and I'm there!

Hi All

we are going on our first WDW adventure all the way from Australia in October/November this year. We were going to be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. For various reasons we decided to change our res and have now booked the Wilderness Lodge. We arrive 30 Oct and stay for 12 nights. We are doing Mickey's Halloween party and also the first Christmas party. We have booked a Courtyard room and are really hoping for a lovely view. When we first saw the photos of WL lobby and outside, it reminded us allot of Grand Californian. We stayed at GC in 2010 which was our first Disney visit and a very special trip for us, so when we saw the pictures of WL we knew that was the place for us. I found the picture thread for WL and it only helped solidify our decision and now know it was definitely right for us.

I started reading this thread at the beginning and got a few pages in, but as it was started quite a few years ago I skipped ahead to about page 100 but need to go back to the beginning.

It's now 45 days out till we leave and 50 days till we start WDW..cant wait!

Congrats on booking the WL.....you're going to love it :goodvibes. CBR was the first resort we tried when we started staying onsite and while we did love everything about it, the WL is :cloud9:. We wouldn't hesitate to return to CBR, but I think you made a great switch :thumbsup2.

Good morning from the Lodge!

ac2b846cf6d095ea7ddb69ec02474a49_zps5ad213a4.jpg

What a beautiful pic....thanks for sharing :).

We finally made it here yesterday and I have to tell you that this resort is everything everybody said it would be. It is so beautiful and restful we never want to leave. Here are some pictures I took so far.

Glad you love the lodge and are having a great time :wizard:. Thanks for posting the beautiful pics.

Only 4 days to go!!!!!!:cool1::thumbsup2:dance3::yay::rolleyes1pixiedust:

Have a great trip :yay:.

21 days...

:cool1::cool1:

Just got back from the first night of MNSSHP and it was a blast again. They changed the Headless Horseman ride from last year. This time there are more lights on and he goes much slower and actually stops quite a few times. Whether or not it is because the horse and rider had a fall last year, it is better in my opinion. Plus they added Celebrate the Magic to the lineup and it is very cool! And this years MNSSHP Mickey Popcorn bucket is so cute!

Sounds like you are having a great time :goodvibes. Glad you enjoyed the party. We've been 3 times and it never gets old.

She is a beautiful little girl... And I love that Princess skirt set... Makes me wish I was little so I could wear one.... :lmao:

Do any of you know when they went back to running Fantasmic nightly? The last time we went, I thought it was only certain nights, but I just checked the park hours on Disney's website and it seems that they went back to nightly shows. ????

I do not know which is cuter, the precious little face or the skirt. They are both so adorable.

Do any of you know when they went back to running Fantasmic nightly? The last time we went, I thought it was only certain nights, but I just checked the park hours on Disney's website and it seems that they went back to nightly shows. ????

They were having weekly shows when we were there in February. In fact, they added a second show on one of the nights we were there, making it possible for us to catch it. I don't know when they started having nightly shows.

The princess skirt with the ball fringe is so adorable. I'm not surprised that it got a lot of comments. :goodvibes I would guess that it made for a nice ice breaker with the princesses.

It is also nice to see her wearing her special wardrobe. My granddaughter probably wouldn't be quite so cooperative. ;)

We have been very fortunate with her cooperating. The hardest part was getting her up for Crystal Palace at 6:30 this morning.

Allie really seems to enjoy showing characters themselves on her outfits. That keeps her interested.

GrandCalifornian.....she is just too cute!!! I can tell that you've had her model her outfits before. She's working it! That Princess outfit is adorable. I can see why she got the most comments on that one! Did you make it? If so....way to go!

And thanks for the pics! I got super excited sneaking a peek at your room in the pictures. I can't wait!! 7 more days and I'm there!

Thank you. She is a lot of fun. My wife Melissa sewed the outfits for Allie based on our ADRs and other stuff we like at WDW.
With only 7 days to go your trip will be here before you know it. Then we'll enjoying your pictures.

She is a beautiful little girl... And I love that Princess skirt set... Makes me wish I was little so I could wear one.... :lmao:

Thanks. We know how you feel. Melissa just couldn't resist making a few things for herself this year.

Last September they were almost every night too. There is a link to a monthly calendar that how's the planned park hours at least 6 months in advance. Here is the September link, but you can change it for other months.
http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/ParkHours/WDW_Operating_Calendar_sept.pdf

I do not know which is cuter, the precious little face or the skirt. They are both so adorable.

Aww thank you!

This morning we had a great breakfast at Crystal Palace, so Allie wore a Pooh dress.
null_zps7f884e61.jpg

This was the best breakfast I have had at Disney. It had everything, and great character interaction.

For lodge pics here is this morning's walk to the bus:

And the return view by boat (which was a shared Red and Green Flag boat that went to FW and WL from MK.
null_zps429d7ffa.jpg

And a lobby fireplace pic for fun:

We finally made it here yesterday and I have to tell you that this resort is everything everybody said it would be. It is so beautiful and restful we never want to leave. Here are some pictures I took so far.

From Our Balcony

Lobby

Wonderful view!!

This morning we had a great breakfast at Crystal Palace, so Allie wore a Pooh dress.
null_zps7f884e61.jpg

This was the best breakfast I have had at Disney. It had everything, and great character interaction.

For lodge pics here is this morning's walk to the bus:
null_zps3ca39192.jpg

And the return view by boat (which was a shared Red and Green Flag boat that went to FW and WL from MK.
null_zps429d7ffa.jpg

And a lobby fireplace pic for fun:
null_zps456122c5.jpg

I'm finally getting to see all your photos! (my work blocks photos) I just wanted to say you have the cutest little girl. I love all her different outfits. Your wife is amazing!

Thanks for your kind comments!! That's my one and only granddaughter!!! Her mom is so talented and makes her neat outfits. My husband and I were with them at WDW last year and really miss being there this time, but we will do it together again. We are a Disney family - no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter