• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
A CHANGE to announce.....

DH is going to be able to take leave a day earlier! So we're going to take two days down instead of one which will bring us to WL 8 hours sooner! Eight hours more of WL is Lodgetastic!

Great!!!:thumbsup2
Yes I'm hoping that they give me a magical upgrade or change when we check-in... :bitelip:
Either way... We will be happy...:hug:

Ok, on Sunday, we changed our upcoming reservation from a Standard room at the Poly to a Standard room at WL CL, what should I know, this will be our first CL stay? I've read the Conceirge thread as well as this one and we have stayed at WL before, but is there anything that isn't in these posts?

Our group is 4 adults and a 15 month old. I will have an ECV, because I had ankle surgery in Dec and I won't be able to walk all over Disney just yet.

Hello everyone! I have a question:

Ok, so I'm a teen and I've only stayed at the VWL once. My family is going to stay there for our next trip (which is a month and a week away :D). Is there anything besides exploring the resort that a teen could do there?

Ok, so I'm a teen and I've only stayed at the VWL once. My family is going to stay there for our next trip (which is a month and a week away :D). Is there anything besides exploring the resort that a teen could do there?

Besides the pools, some fun activities are the boat and bike rentals. You can ride the bikes over toward Fort Wilderness which is a beautiful trip through the woods where you might see deer. The boats are fun, but more expensive. You can rent little Sea Raycer boats and cruise around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon right in front of the MK. If that's too expensive, you can take the free transportation boat loop to CR and FW, and check out those resorts. There are also lots of nice places in and around the lobby to hang out, which might not be the most exciting for a teen, but at least there is free WiFi...

Besides the pools, some fun activities are the boat and bike rentals. You can ride the bikes over toward Fort Wilderness which is a beautiful trip through the woods where you might see deer. The boats are fun, but more expensive. You can rent little Sea Raycer boats and cruise around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon right in front of the MK. If that's too expensive, you can take the free transportation boat loop to CR and FW, and check out those resorts. There are also lots of nice places in and around the lobby to hang out, which might not be the most exciting for a teen, but at least there is free WiFi...

Thanks!!

I've got a quick question for those of you who have used the coffee makers at the WL. Can I bring coffee and filters to use with them or do they only take the pods? TIA!

:dancer:
Yup, this guy means we are PIF today. Oh we can't wait for September!!!:thumbsup2
PIF Dancing Guy never looked better! Welcome back from your "other" vacation!

Wonderful news!! :dance3:
Thank you - I thought so:). I'm worse than a little kid. When people at work ask DH where he's going on vacation, he'll tell them WDW and that he likes going there and then he adds, "But my wife REALLY, REALLY loves it there."

Great!!!:thumbsup2
Yes I'm hoping that they give me a magical upgrade or change when we check-in... :bitelip:
Either way... We will be happy...:hug:
I'm hoping for the magical upgrade for you.

Ok, on Sunday, we changed our upcoming reservation from a Standard room at the Poly to a Standard room at WL CL, what should I know, this will be our first CL stay? I've read the Conceirge thread as well as this one and we have stayed at WL before, but is there anything that isn't in these posts?

Our group is 4 adults and a 15 month old. I will have an ECV, because I had ankle surgery in Dec and I won't be able to walk all over Disney just yet.
Congratulations and welcome! If you've read through the CL section of this thread and the CL thread, then you probably know just about everything. The views aren't bookable for CL, but you can request an inner (WL) courtyard view, a VWL courtyard view or a woods view. You can also request bunk beds, but you wouldn't need those with 4 adults, I don't think. All rooms have a balcony. There is a small children's area in the lounge where kids can sit and watch the Disney channel or color. There are ponies and horses at FW that might be fun for the toddler. If milk or apple juice boxes aren't out in the fridge, you can request it anytime and you can also store drinks in your room fridge.

Let us know if you have any questions and you might want to note your mobility issue in your reservation. Happy planning:)

:wave: Silvermist20

My teen DD appreciates the following at WL:

Sleeping (not specific to WL)

Eating:

IMAG0179-520x342.jpg

Relaxing on the Bay Lake Beach (with a non-alcoholic frozen beverage). Mom loves this, too and it's rarely crowded. Yes, WiFi works out there!

DH and I love Sturdy Branches gym and DD is looking forward to trying it out next week. Yes, I was shocked by this, too.

The Mercantile is a popular stop for DD. We love the WL themed merchandise.

The Carolwood Room over at VWL has games and interesting train displays, but you probably already knew that since you once stayed there.

DD is really into photography now and can't wait to take lots of resort photos. (Mild Tumblr inspiration;))

Hot tubs - two of them at WL and the VWL pool is a bit quieter and has jets.

Hope you have a great time!

Love all of these ideas and WiFi is a teen must-have.

October 30th wilderness lodge here we come !!! Can't wait!!!
It won't be much longer now!

I've got a quick question for those of you who have used the coffee makers at the WL. Can I bring coffee and filters to use with them or do they only take the pods? TIA!
The WL makers only take pods and the VWL coffee makers are the traditional filter kind.

IMG_0098_2-1.jpg

Can somebody please tell me what time check-out is? I can't find it on my resort confirmation or anywhere!

Can somebody please tell me what time check-out is? I can't find it on my resort confirmation or anywhere!
:wave:
It's on the first page, post #2 and it's before 11 for WL and VWL. I hope you have a great vacation:)

Hi!

I might be able to help with the rash on your shins. I think that might be the same thing I get. I call it the Epcot Rash, lol :rotfl2: I asked my doctor and she said to make sure to drink plenty of water and also to take Ibuprofin every couple of hours. Apparently, it has something to do with the circulation. And the meds open the blood vessels. If I take the meds I don't get the rash. If I don't I get it.

I'm hoping this will help you.

What was the flavor of the cobbler, I'm at work and cannot see the photo ;)

The cobbler was apple last night and tonite as well.

Re: the rash... I can't even tell you the water I have been drinking!:rotfl: I can't take ibuprofen but the extra, extra, extra water and elevating my legs when I can has helped (and the cream too).

The food at OFC has been outstanding! :)

A CHANGE to announce.....

DH is going to be able to take leave a day earlier! So we're going to take two days down instead of one which will bring us to WL 8 hours sooner! Eight hours more of WL is Lodgetastic!

:cool1:

...and apples were Granny Smith, definitely not from a can! Still waiting for the Berry Cobbler!

CL has not been crowded at all. Neither is the entire Lodge (nor the parks except MK in the afternoon into evening). The made some changes to the pool area since we were last here. New chairs (thank goodness) new umbrellas, more tables around the pool and outside Roaring Fork. The landscaping looks incredible due to the amount of rain. The afternoon summer showers have occurred every afternoon but the last a very short while and we have not been caught in one yet. The temps have been in the mid 80s except for yesterday was in the 90s (hence the rash). The evenings have been down right cool gorgeous !!

DS has been trying to get his miles in but does not like that the running trail is not clearly marked... Isn't it??

That's it for this update!:hug:

Congrats on your first WL stay.....it's an amazing resort and you're going to have a fabulous time :wizard:.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to trying the CS restaurant. It looks good, even if I'm blanking on the name.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to trying the CS restaurant. It looks good, even if I'm blanking on the name.

We have found Roaring Forks to have a pretty good variety for all meals as it's one of our favorites for resort CS :goodvibes.

...DS has been trying to get his miles in but does not like that the running trail is not clearly marked... Isn't it??

Are you talking about the paved path (with the road along side it) to FW? What kind of marking is he looking for? There is a kind a wild path along the edge of the water that I don't think is meant for walking/running.

Thanks! I looked there but didn't see it, must be going blind, found it now!
No problem at all and that's what we're here for. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Re: the rash... I can't even tell you the water I have been drinking!:rotfl: I can't take ibuprofen but the extra, extra, extra water and elevating my legs when I can has helped (and the cream too).

Thank you for the cobbler and lounge food update! I hope you feel some relief soon.

:cool1:

...and apples were Granny Smith, definitely not from a can! Still waiting for the Berry Cobbler!

CL has not been crowded at all. Neither is the entire Lodge (nor the parks except MK in the afternoon into evening). The made some changes to the pool area since we were last here. New chairs (thank goodness) new umbrellas, more tables around the pool and outside Roaring Fork. The landscaping looks incredible due to the amount of rain. The afternoon summer showers have occurred every afternoon but the last a very short while and we have not been caught in one yet. The temps have been in the mid 80s except for yesterday was in the 90s (hence the rash). The evenings have been down right cool gorgeous !!

DS has been trying to get his miles in but does not like that the running trail is not clearly marked... Isn't it??

More great news! Just what I love to hear - thank you for letting us know. We're arriving 2-3 weeks earlier this year so I was worried about there being more people since more schools are still out. BTW, just one more week until we arrive!!

I have some various trail photos on the first page. There is one trail that starts behind the picnic table/bike/boat rental office. It diverges off to the right and leads to a road that DS would need to cross to meet-up with the paved path to FW. If he stays on the trail and doesn't go off to the right, he'll be following the path along Bay Lake which is very short. I've jogged this before, but stopped because they don't spray along this path so huge bugs (horseflies?) will buzz in your ears.

The best jogging path starts at VWL near the bus stop and is paved all the way until you get to the ponies at FW. At that point, it's wood chips for a short distance then he will veer to the right and join the sidewalk in front of the settlements. Tell DS to then cross the street and jog on the sidewalk for maybe a half mile or so then veer to the right. This will bring him full circle back to the paved path to WL. It's sounds confusing, but it's not in person and it's not that far, maybe around 4 miles RT. To add extra mileage, when he gets back to the paved path, he can turn around at the end and go back and forth.

Hi All! :) My dad and I are considering a stay at WL this November and he has asked me if guests get a newspaper? Also, can guests at WL use the quiet pool at WLV and if so, how far is it from the lobby of WL? Thanks for any help and I will probably have more questions once we decide on a resort.

Hi All! :) My dad and I are considering a stay at WL this November and he has asked me if guests get a newspaper? Also, can guests at WL use the quiet pool at WLV and if so, how far is it from the lobby of WL? Thanks for any help and I will probably have more questions once we decide on a resort.

We were there in Feb and did not get a newspaper delivered to our door but there was a stack of them on the table near the elevator for the guests to take.

We also used the villas pool, which was lovely, by the way. Guests of WL can use it. There are plenty of towels and a large hot tub there. It is very close to the lobby.

Glad that you're drinking lots and lots of water. It is such a benefit with this Florida heat.

The apple cobbler looked great, saw it last night when I went home. Like Kook said, it looks like it's back to home made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter