(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tootin' my two-week horn today:drive:, watch out 95 south - so excited!!:yay:

We will be at the WL 7/25 to 7/30 and can't wait!!!! I do have a question...I am meeting up with my best friend while she is in FL, will we be able to use the pool even though she is not a guest? Lounging by the pool enjoying a drink with my BF would be awesome!!!!
I'll add you to our Lodgers' Log, Wendy. Deb gave you the right advice below. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Technically, no, if she is not a guest of the resort. You'll need to check with the lifeguard to make sure. If the pool is busy, they might not allow her in the pool and might check KTTW for each guest.

If you have space in your room and haven't reached occupancy limits, you could add her to your room and she could have a KTTW.

What app do you like? I've been meaning to search for one. We often use fans at home for white noise but while on vacation I'd love to have a good app for that!

Thanks!
I'm not who you quoted, but we use the free iPhone/Touch app that's called "White Noise" by TMSOFT. I'm looking at it now and they also have White Noise Baby and many other iOS WN apps.

Staying in a 2bedroom villa... First time stay at WL. Any great room recommendations? I've heard 5th floor odd rooms.
Many like to request a high floor facing toward Bay Lake. There are trees in the foreground and Bay Lake in the background, so you can see a bit of Bay Lake.

MouseSavers has a report that all mini-fridges have been removed from all rooms as of July 10. Can any one who has been at WL recently confirm this? We were really counting on a fridge in our room snacks and meals for our extremely picky eater.

We'll be at WL Aug 23-29. (My ticker is old and I can't figure out how to put in a new one.)
A few days ago I reported that all the affected WL fridges (there were very few) would be replaced last week, so no worries.

I'd be happy to add you to our LL. If you'd like to post a new ticker, just create a new ticker for free on a site such DIS tickers (this site) or I like MickeyPath.com. After you create your new ticker, copy and paste the IMG code - it starts and ends with IMG. Delete your old ticker code and replace it with the new one. If you have any questions, feel free to post and I'll help you further.

So it was 90 degrees and very humid here today. And here I am dreaming of Christmas time at the Wilderness Lodge:santa:.
It still seems pretty far away but I am sure 5 months will pass quickly.
Has anyone done the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness during the Christmas Holidays? Is it possible to walk over there? I am pretty sure I read you could but I can't remember where I saw that.
I haven't done the carriage ride, but doesn't it depart from the area near HDDR? If so, there is a cement walkway from WL to the road right before the ponies, then a short wood chip path to that area which only takes about 15-20 minutes at a leisurely pace.

Yes please!! I would love to be added!! My dates are October 19th - 24th 2014 and we will be staying on the club level :D :D
You're going to love the Old Faithful Club:love:

Thanks to everyone who told me to keep calling when I got a bunk-bed room. You were right! I called a few times and finally lucked out with a switch to a 'woods view room' with two queen beds. The person on the phone told me it would save me over $100 a night, so I'm really glad I followed your advice. Thank you! :love::love:

And now more questions....

What's the best woods view room? We wouldn't mind a peak at the MK fireworks, but our main goals would be someplace quiet (we're light sleepers who sleep best from 4am until 9). From reading the thread I'm guessing North Wing on a higher floor, but wanted to check and be sure.

Do I just call 1 week out and ask for that to be noted in the reservation?

It's been a few minutes since I got off the phone, at what point should I worry that My Disney Experience isn't updating and I haven't gotten an email with the new costs?

Thanks to everyone who told me to keep calling when I got a bunk-bed room. You were right! I called a few times and finally lucked out with a switch to a 'woods view room' with two queen beds. The person on the phone told me it would save me over $100 a night, so I'm really glad I followed your advice. Thank you! :love::love:

What's the best woods view room? We wouldn't mind a peak at the MK fireworks, but our main goals would be someplace quiet (we're light sleepers who sleep best from 4am until 9). From reading the thread I'm guessing North Wing on a higher floor, but wanted to check and be sure.

It's been a few minutes since I got off the phone, at what point should I worry that My Disney Experience isn't updating and I haven't gotten an email with the new costs?

It has taken Disney quite a while to send us an email to confirm the changes. I made a change to our reservation, cutting off a few dates, and it either took hours or maybe the next day, I'm not sure. But I was able to go into my profile and see the change within a few hours.

The north side woods view is nice, because you can sometimes see a partial view of the Wishes fireworks, but you can also hear the boat whistles in the morning, starting around 6:45am, when the boats start running. It was fine for us, since we wanted to be up by 7am anyway.

I'm tootin' my two-week horn today:drive:, watch out 95 south - so excited!!:yay:

You must write lots of mini trip reports for us. ;)

Just realized we have 40 days! It feels like it snuck up on me, yet, it's still so far away! Does that make sense to anyone other than me?;)

When we stayed in September we were in room 7054 which had a view of the castle and was a connecting room.

Did the room have bunk beds? We have two little boys (4 and 6) would would go nuts if they could have bunkbeds. (And I might go nuts if they have to sleep in the same bed.)

grkmbee said:
Did the room have bunk beds? We have two little boys (4 and 6) would would go nuts if they could have bunkbeds. (And I might go nuts if they have to sleep in the same bed.)

No, it had the 2 queen beds.

This is the view from a club level room that has bunk beds.
2012-07-21093306.jpg

It is a north wing, woods view with bunk beds on the club level (7th) floor.

This is the view from a club level room that has bunk beds.
2012-07-21093306.jpg

It is a north wing, woods view with bunk beds on the club level (7th) floor.

Thank You! I was just gonna ask if anyone had a view pic from a CL north wing bunk bed room.

Are the bunk beds ok for an adult? MIL is coming with us on this trip for her 1st visit & DD8 is a kicker in her sleep:)

Glad you got your bunk. The confirmation takes anywhere from about an hour to maybe a day. You should get it soon, but you can still go to the website and check your MDE to see the update there immediately. To request a high, North Wing room, call the WDTC anytime, but no later than about a week before arrival and ask them to add your request.

You must write lots of mini trip reports for us. ;)
Of course:thumbsup2

Jealous! We still have 24 days!
You'll be there before you know it:thumbsup2

We have 33 :sad1:
That's not so far away:)

TO. KOOK
Me too!!!:worship: Hope you have a wonderful time... Hug Goofy for me!!!!:love:
Thank you for giving me an excuse to hug Goofy:goodvibes

Just realized we have 40 days! It feels like it snuck up on me, yet, it's still so far away! Does that make sense to anyone other than me?;)
::yes:: snuck up on me, too and now it's just a couple of weeks and soon I'll start mildly panicking - but it's a good panic.

Thank You! I was just gonna ask if anyone had a view pic from a CL north wing bunk bed room.

Are the bunk beds ok for an adult? MIL is coming with us on this trip for her 1st visit & DD8 is a kicker in her sleep:)
The photo is actually from the first page and yes, an adult can sleep in the bunk. My 5'10" DH slept in one one night, but it is short and rather "cozy".

We are leaving tomorrow for 3 nights at the Wilderness Lodge! We are meeting up with about 200 people there for a big reunion. This is our first time at this resort--so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter