(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much!

While my tickers have been known to, umm, evolve:rolleyes1, CL anywhere is not a possibility for Christmas since the military discount is blacked-out. I booked with a SOG overflow rate which is the best discount I've seen for the black-out period, but CL isn't included. I did find a -15% coupon that could be applied to CL room bookings through Travelocity or Orbitz, but that's not enough of a discount for me to rationalize CL.

I did worry about booking WL and missing CL, but hopefully I'll still get to visit with some of the great CL CMs. WL is too good a value and so beautifully decorated to pass up staying there at Christmas just because I might miss CL.

WL I'm sure must be sooooo beautiful at Christmas!!!! Very happy for you to spend Christmas there! ;). Too bad military discounts are blacked out.:sad2:
Are they blacked out the week before as welll....?:rolleyes1

I was thinking along the lines of 6081 or 6082, hoping to see wishes from these rooms... Does anybody know who has stayed there?:tink:

On a Mission......:magnify: I have been looking at that map and was hoping to stay in a room close to that elevator, but that might not be possible...
requested North side lobby high floor close to elevator...:)

I have confirmed that the elevator at the West end of the North Wing is a service elevator, so to get down to the lobby you would have to walk across to the three elevators that let out by the Mercantile or go down the West wing to the ones that let out by Roaring Fork. Thank you Kook for confirming my suspicion.

I have read that the mousekeepers are actually lodgekeepers here at wl?? Can someone please confirm?

Me and my son are decorating our tip enveloples (16 to be exact:cool1:) and we want to address them appropriately :woohoo:

MY Main question here is what is the reasonable tip to leave for 2 adults and and a 4 yr old.

I plan to do turndown service as well - because I think it will be fabulous coming back to the room w/our beds waiting for us.....so this will be a double envelope trip - I don't want to be cheap - I know the lodgekeepers work hard, but I don't want to go overboard - I have already gone over budget ;). Can anyone please tell me what the going rate for lodgekeeping is?? I thought I read somewhere it was $1/person?? (I have read so much stuff I'm thoroughly:confused: confused)

Thanks for any help I can get - AND WDW SPEED TO YOU ALL :grouphug:

Courtyard view is the most expensive bookable category and that includes any room that overlooks a courtyard area. This includes the Inner courtyard ones which overlook the Silver Creek Springs Pool and the Villas Courtyard which has the Hidden Springs pool, but not as pretty of lake views. Many people prefer to request Inner courtyard when paying the extra for a courtyard view room.
Thank you for the map and the explanation of what the inner courtyard is. I have been trying to decide if I should request a specific area, now I at least have some direction to take.

I'm still not completely sure what to request though (We are booked for Courtyard View). I don't care about seeing fireworks. I would rather be closer to the lobby and still have a great view of the courtyard. Any suggestions would be great.

I was just at WL and had room 6111 which was inner courtyard not far from lobby and elevators. It was a great location!!! We were very happy as the view was great and had no noise from the lobby or elevators. Hope this helps

Good Morning! :goodvibes

4FC8D753-1820-4926-BB29-E125E6346F38-328-000000087362BEC3.jpg

I didn't book WL yesterday because I knew I couldn't book a CL room with a discount. The CSR BC (CL-lite) room was actually available with the discount and a good value considering the additional holiday overcharge so I thought that might be fun to try. But, I had misgivings about CSR from the start and then today I rationalized spending more to upgrade to WL, even without CL, in honor of our 26th anniversary tomorrow. DH agreed with my rationalization, which also gets him off the hook for a gift since I told him the upgrade is my gift and I may have told him it was my Christmas gift, too:rolleyes:

I'm a few days behind, but happy anniversary, and happy to see you're going back to your happy place!! I'm probably not the one to speak, but you have to splurge for your Christmas gift AND anniversary booking!! Two celebrations in one definitely deserves something special. :thumbsup2

(Do we ever really need a reason?? :rotfl2: )

I was just at WL and had room 6111 which was inner courtyard not far from lobby and elevators. It was a great location!!! We were very happy as the view was great and had no noise from the lobby or elevators. Hope this helps

Thanks for your suggestions! Sounds like a great location. Was your balcony open or closed?

WL I'm sure must be sooooo beautiful at Christmas!!!!

It is :). The WL is beautiful any time of year, but it is absolutely gorgeous when decorated for the holidays :santa:.

I'm still not completely sure what to request though (We are booked for Courtyard View). I don't care about seeing fireworks. I would rather be closer to the lobby and still have a great view of the courtyard. Any suggestions would be great.

On our last WL stay we had a great courtyard view room that overlooked the inner courtyard/main pool :goodvibes.

Good Morning! :goodvibes

4FC8D753-1820-4926-BB29-E125E6346F38-328-000000087362BEC3.jpg

Beautiful pic :flower3:.

First off i wanted to say that this is a great thread, everyone is so helpful. We are booked for a stay at WL from 12th to 17th Dec, in a woods view room. My two DS 11 and 13, want to have a room with a patio, they saw them on the room photos, as we live in a condo with a balcony and they want to be able to walk outside onto the grass to run around. What area of WL would be best for this type of room? Thanks in advance.

First off i wanted to say that this is a great thread, everyone is so helpful. We are booked for a stay at WL from 12th to 17th Dec, in a woods view room. My two DS 11 and 13, want to have a room with a patio, they saw them on the room photos, as we live in a condo with a balcony and they want to be able to walk outside onto the grass to run around. What area of WL would be best for this type of room? Thanks in advance.

Ask for the first floor if you want a patio. The first floor woods view rooms appear to be in the north wing. A first floor courtyard view room would face either the inner courtyard or the quiet pool on the villas side.

I was looking at room view pictures and saw the first floor woods view rooms with their patios in the north wing. It looks really serene over there and am tempted to request it for our trip in December.

I have confirmed that the elevator at the West end of the North Wing is a service elevator, so to get down to the lobby you would have to walk across to the three elevators that let out by the Mercantile or go down the West wing to the ones that let out by Roaring Fork. Thank you Kook for confirming my suspicion.

OK Thank You... Yall are the BOMB!!!!!:flower3:

A google search of WDW WL woods view with patio will bring up some pics of the old rooms prior to rehab. There are some taken from the room looking out and some from the grass area looking at the patio.

CuteAsMinnie said:
The first pic looks to be a woods view with patio, the 2nd a courtyard view with a patio. (Note: rooms have been rehabbed since photos were taken)

I'm so glad this thread shows the refurbished rooms, I like them much better!!!

Would you say courtyard 4th floor is a good location? Do you have a view of Bay Lake from the courtyard view rooms?

Sent from my Galaxy SII

I just noticed we aren't listed on page 1. We are WL CL Aug 30 thru Sept 2. Our first night is off site over by Sea World, we leave to drive down on Aug 29 after my husband gets home from work.

We are 14 days away, I am so excited. It's all we can talk about now.

I'm so glad this thread shows the refurbished rooms, I like them much better!!!

Would you say courtyard 4th floor is a good location? Do you have a view of Bay Lake from the courtyard view rooms?

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Yes, you should have a view of Bay Lake from the INNER courtyard rooms. The others face more towards the villas and likely will have a more obstructed view of the lake.

In general the lake view gets better with higher floors. Fourth floor is nice because it is the first floor that is continuous between the North and South wings, and also it has some "Bear Face" rooms which are courtyard view and open to the lobby. We think that's an awesome combination, and they are only on the 4th and 5th floors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter