(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like an awesome time! what was the bounceback offer?

We originally thought 35% off room rate however the flyer in the room was deceiving. That offer was for 2013 dates and had expired the day before we checked in. The bounce back we got was free dining. Definitely saves a bunch of money!

Got back last week from our 1st WL stay. (2nd trip to WDW). Thanks to this thread we were well prepared with all the info we needed to make the most of our stay! First of all the resort is even more gorgeous in person than in the pictures online. We got a " Magical upgrade" from our woods view booking to an inner court yard bunk bed room! The kids were thrilled and the view was spectacular! I would post a picture but can't seem to figure out how to do that. We didn't even ask for an upgrade. I loved being able to take the boat for transportation and did not see a problem with the spiders but am glad I didn't know about them until after our trip. I really enjoyed the relaxing boat ride versus the bumpy freezing bus! The food at Roaring Forks was a bit disappointing though. We are not big "foodies" so this was not that big of a deal but expected better quality from a deluxe. Stayed at CSR last time and the Pepper Market was amazing! Kirk at the desk was fantastic and so was Paul our floor housekeeping manager! We truly had a magical vacation and booked the bounce back for next August. I am hooked on the WL and would not want to stay anywhere else. Thanks to you all for all of the wonderful info here and we will enjoy hearing all about your trips this coming year as we wait to go back!

Glad you had a great stay. The WL is an amazing resort and is one of our favorites :goodvibes.

We even rode up front on the monorail with the driver once. Great views of the Kingdom. I understand that is not allowed any more though.

When our boys were younger we rode up front many, many times and it was awesome :wizard:. You are correct that it is no longer allowed.

Hello all, wanted to provide an update. We were the ones with people chain smoking on their balcony directly below us. After I called I honestly don't know if the folks below us were fined or what, however we have sat outside several times and have not had any further problems.

I did want to share some positive info too. I am gluten free and I have found most places in Disney to be very accomodating. By far the most helpful folks have been Roaring Forks. Each day they call a manager who personally makes my meal. Gluten free bread which they have made me a breakfast sandwich, gluten free batter for fresh waffles or pancakes. All prepared fresh, hot and safe and personally handed to me by manager. Takes them about 8 minutes to accomodate me. Excellent.

Pool has been ridiculously crowded, truly isn't big enough for lodge and villas. We have found boat transportation to be prompt and after our first day with housekeeping we requested they come early, we were back in room today by 2:00 and it was clean.

Tonight Whispering Canyon for dinner, weather has been touch and go in the evenings, we're trying to stay dry tonight....and DD wants to ask for ketchup.:)

After I called I honestly don't know if the folks below us were fined or what, however we have sat outside several times and have not had any further problems.

All prepared fresh, hot and safe and personally handed to me by manager. Takes them about 8 minutes to accomodate me. Excellent.

We have found boat transportation to be prompt and after our first day with housekeeping we requested they come early, we were back in room today by 2:00 and it was clean.

Tonight Whispering Canyon for dinner, weather has been touch and go in the evenings, we're trying to stay dry tonight....and DD wants to ask for ketchup.:)

Great to hear things are looking up for you. It always seems if you are polite in expressing your concerns or issues, CMs are always happy to do whatever they can to correct things. One of the things I love to point out to people who ask why I would want to go to the MK every year. Really? :rotfl2:

Letting your DD ask for the ketchup... You are braver than I!

Hope the weather holds for you, too! :beach:

Going to try this again popcorn::, I did not get a response - Maybe this means not one has news about this - THE reason for posting on this thread is because WL has not been included w/the magic bands but rumors have hit that WL might get an opportunity??? Has anyone gotten an invite? :dance3:

thanks soooo much!!!!

Haven't heard anything yet, still hopeful for MB by mid October. But, see link below...............AndreaA says in her blog that she was able to book FP+.......

ELEVEN MORE DAYS!!

I can't believe we're so close!

Here is a link to my blog, just to show off my Disney planner/smashbook. :)

http://doublehappinessdisney.blogspot.com/2013/08/i-am-not-disney-fanatic.html

I'll be updating while I'm there, to keep family/friends in the loop, but I'll post links here if I take pictures of our favorite resort. :goodvibes

I'll ask again AndreaA, how on earth were you able to book FP+??? Many, many, many inquiring minds want to know!:confused:

Thanks so much for posting your review. What a great stay you had! The Shepard's Pie is new and quite tasty. That's quite the spider story, I can just imagine the panic, but at least there's the bus to the MK for the arachnophobic.

When will you get to return to WDW?

Yes, the food was outstanding, easily the best CL food we've had so far.

I've been regretting posting about the spiders -- last thing I want to do is cause a panic....you know what is funny, though? I did find the thread where someone else had posted about it (they posted about the boat between MK and TTC, I think) and I had actually posted within that thread lol. I guess I indeed did block it right out of my head -- just one of those things I'd rather forget about I guess. For anyone worried, our experience was probably just a matter of bad timing. We hit it exactly when those flying bugs came out combined with hot sticky weather.

In any event, our next trip will most likely be next Easter. It's unfortunate because we love October in Disney, but it's getting harder to go during school months with my girls in 5th grade now and also competitive gymnastics.

Never rode the bus to DHS before. How long does it usually take? Does it make extra stops coming and going? We will also have our car if driving would be better. DH isn't a "bus fan".:sad2: Thanks!
The bus to HS stopped at GF before going to the park. The bus back to WL from HS was nice, though, since WL was the first stop and it seemed no longer than 15 minutes on the return trip.

Going to try this again popcorn::, I did not get a response - Maybe this means not one has news about this - THE reason for posting on this thread is because WL has not been included w/the magic bands but rumors have hit that WL might get an opportunity??? Has anyone gotten an invite? :dance3:

thanks soooo much!!!!
I have been hanging around the discussion threads to try and find out whether WL will be added to the test. So far, there is nothing that has been a definite announcement about WL. It has been very disappointing. :worried:

Hello all, wanted to provide an update. We were the ones with people chain smoking on their balcony directly below us. After I called I honestly don't know if the folks below us were fined or what, however we have sat outside several times and have not had any further problems.
Thanks for the update. I would think that Disney would act very promptly on smoking violations, since there is a no smoking policy that includes balconies. I'm glad that you were spared any further problems. :)

I did want to share some positive info too. I am gluten free and I have found most places in Disney to be very accomodating. By far the most helpful folks have been Roaring Forks. Each day they call a manager who personally makes my meal. Gluten free bread which they have made me a breakfast sandwich, gluten free batter for fresh waffles or pancakes. All prepared fresh, hot and safe and personally handed to me by manager. Takes them about 8 minutes to accomodate me. Excellent.
I'm gluten free, too, and had the most delicious gluten free Mickey waffles for breakfast in Whispering Canyon Cafe on our last morning. :goodvibes

As I had hoped, DW days are counted in U.S. EST. So, 9pm on the West Coast, I'm now checked in! :cool1: No, of course I was not watching the clock, waiting for the minute hand to move...:rolleyes1

So I am checked in for my DW vacation which starts in 60 days (59 if you count the travel time, which I am :)). And no, there were no customize MB options or FP+. The RUMORS say the WL will be online by November, but I believe Disney is not committing to that date to ensure the system can handle the large number of users as each subsequent resort comes online. If all is going well, I'm hoping to receive my MB invite within the next 30 days. Please!:worship:

{Way too excited over a hotel pre-checkin!:dance3:}

As I had hoped, DW days are counted in U.S. EST. So, 9pm on the West Coast, I'm now checked in! :cool1: No, of course I was not watching the clock, waiting for the minute hand to move...:rolleyes1

{Way too excited over a hotel pre-checkin!:dance3:}

Can a person get too excited over a pre-check in at a WDW resort? :thumbsup2

I guess the only thing better than a pre-check in is the actual check in - I'm headed to WL after work today for ten days and sooooooooo looking forward to it! It's been a very busy and long summer and I'm ready for a little R&R. :cloud9:

DD is back to school today so I will be back this afternoon to multi-quote. I hope to get my TR started this week:goodvibes

Can a person get too excited over a pre-check in at a WDW resort? :thumbsup2

I guess the only thing better than a pre-check in is the actual check in - I'm headed to WL after work today for ten days and sooooooooo looking forward to it! It's been a very busy and long summer and I'm ready for a little R&R. :cloud9:
Nope, can't be too rich or get too excited about WDW:hyper:. You are going to have a hard time concentrating at work today, you must be counting the minutes. I know you're going to have a great vacation and I hope you'll check back in with us and let us know how it's going:)

Marymac, if you get a chance...can you swing by the Mercantile & tell me if they sell large containers of non-refrigerated juice, like Juicy Juice or something else that's 100% juice?

:goodvibes
Thank you!

I didn't see any non-refrigerated juice, just gerber baby 100% apple juices in 2 or 4 oz bottles. Sorry

Haven't heard anything yet, still hopeful for MB by mid October. But, see link below...............AndreaA says in her blog that she was able to book FP+.......

I'll ask again AndreaA, how on earth were you able to book FP+??? Many, many, many inquiring minds want to know!:confused:

Thanks so much.....I'm 94 days out from our trip :santa: - and I have buterflies in my stomach of anticipation of our first trip to WDW and to stay at WL - I CAN NOT WAIT :worship: - this board has helped me soo much!!!! :love:

Checking in on 10/29 for a 10 day stay. Just did my daily check of my reservations when I clicked on FP+ I didn't get the standard pop up message. Instead it took me to the FP+ page with a list of 5 days then got a message "We're Sorry! The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."

I thought it was interesting to see something different then the usual pop up. Could this mean that maybe WL could be included in the test as well?

I also remember reading about others that have gotten this message. Can anyone point me in the right direction on the forum. Did those with this message eventually get opened up to select FP+ times? Or does anyone have anymore information on this message?

Checking in on 10/29 for a 10 day stay. Just did my daily check of my reservations when I clicked on FP+ I didn't get the standard pop up message. Instead it took me to the FP+ page with a list of 5 days then got a message "We're Sorry! The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."

I thought it was interesting to see something different then the usual pop up. Could this mean that maybe WL could be included in the test as well?

I also remember reading about others that have gotten this message. Can anyone point me in the right direction on the forum. Did those with this message eventually get opened up to select FP+ times? Or does anyone have anymore information on this message?

For me it seems to depend on which device I use to log into MDE. I don't get that message on my desktop, but I do on the pad.

DD is back to school today so I will be back this afternoon to multi-quote. I hope to get my TR started this week:goodvibes

Never did like the first day of school...:worried:

But trip report....:love:

popcorn::

Head over to the Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies section and there are more Magic Band and FP+ threads than you'll ever be able to keep track of.:dance3:

For me it seems to depend on which device I use to log into MDE. I don't get that message on my desktop, but I do on the pad.

This for me, too. I think the MDE is slightly different depending on what type of device you're using....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter