(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone reported recently that the music was no longer being played outside, but IDK if that's still the case

The music was not playing in mid january, but I do not know if the problem was resolved.

Are the pools at CR yuk?

What do you mean by yuk?

Does anyone happen to know if there is direct boat transportation from the Contemporary Resort to Fort Wilderness?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

AlohaAnnie said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Three cats

Does anyone happen to know if there is direct boat transportation from the Contemporary Resort to Fort Wilderness? Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Yes, it is located at the Contemporary Boat Dock.

Thank you!!

I am so excited! We will be joining the CR fun Sept. 13-20! This will be our 3rd trip to the World, but our first stay at CR (previous stays at Poly and YC). We're stating Garden wing GV- not as cool as the tower, but less expensive. This will also be our first late summer/ early fall trip, so I'm hoping we won't melt. I'll just have to put up with Chia Head from the humidity, lol! I also am excited about MNSSHP... Can't wait to surprise the kids!
What a great time to be able to go. I'll log your dates.

Headed "Home" in June.....
1st Stay at our BLT home resort, June 14-16th 1 Bedroom, Theme Park View!

We are adding this on at the end of a one week AKV- Kidani stay!

WDW, Star Wars Weekends and ending with Theme Park view.......
Very nice split stay. You picked the only two DVC One-Bedrooms with two bathrooms:thumbsup2. I'll put your dates in the Log-orail.

Are the pools at CR yuk? I can NOT make up my mind between CR and GF! I don't think we'll spend a ton of time swimming so I don't know if the pool should be a deal breaker. Plus my boys are 3 & 5 so slides and such aren't a super big deal yet to where we need to be at SAB.
Thoughts on the pool?
Personally, I think all the WDW Resort pools are great and I really don't think that kids are dissatisfied with any of them. Some may have features that appeal more to some kids, but I think that in general, kids are just happy to be on vacation and in a pool. The nice thing about the CR pools is that they are large and have a great seating area and fun water features. Your boys will probably love the slide and there are fewer guests and less waiting in line than at SAB which shares with two resorts. There is also a great Bay Lake beach where you can lounge and the boys can play. Plus, you can't walk to the MK from GF;)

Hey KOOK :).

Our plans are kind of at a stand still right now as nothing is booked, but I am I thinking of booking a short Christmas trip at AKL CL. I have my eye on Poly CL and CR CL as well, but we will be there during holiday rates, so booking either one of those would depend on what (if any) discounts are offered for our dates. I cancelled the cruise for December as I realized after booking that the dates weren't going to work with our schedules, so its back to the drawing board of planning :rolleyes1.

When is your next trip and where are you staying?
Last week I had to cancel our Spring Break at WL/CL and I may have to change our August trip to June. It really gets a lot harder scheduling trips as DD gets older, but you know all about that with two older boys.

Hmmm... Soy dream. I know she hates the frozen version of it. Will need to buy some of it here to try out. Thanks Kook!
I checked my photo from WL's Mercantile from last year and they also only had Soy Dream in small juice-like boxes, but it was stamped "New Great Taste!"

Does anyone happen to know if there is direct boat transportation from the Contemporary Resort to Fort Wilderness?

Yes, it is located at the Contemporary Boat Dock.
:thumbsup2

IMG_0090-1.jpg

Last week I had to cancel our Spring Break at WL/CL and I may have to change our August trip to June. It really gets a lot harder scheduling trips as DD gets older, but you know all about that with two older boys.

I'm sorry you had to cancel your spring break trip :(. I hope you are able to reschedule your August trip if you have to. Yes, I know all too well about it being harder and harder to schedule trips :sad2:.

Great links....thanks for posting them :flower3:.

Have been looking at this thread for a while and I just have to say thank you so much! I have seen so much valuable information from this thread and it has made me fall in love with the contemporary! I stayed for the first time back in August 2013 in Tower BLV and absolutely loved it! After looking a this thread I have seen that I missed a lot at the resort when we were there since it has so much to offer. We got Annual passes this year due to a couple of conferences so we will be out there quite a lot this year. trip dates are March 15-21 CR TPV, June 2-5 AKL 5-8 CR TPV CL and December 6-17 CR TPV. Once again thank you so much for making this thread as it has helped me tremendously!

I'm so excited to say that our entire group of 12 (10 adults, 1 toddler, 1 infant) will now be staying in two 2bed villas at BLT! We were going to be split between the BLT and garden wing, but not anymore! :)

I am new to the DIS board and just trying to absorb all the fantastic knowledge on here. This is an awesome thread. I have been a DVC member for a few years now and never knew you could request a specific room. We are heading to DW this year and hoping to stay at BLT. We are spending the extra points to get the Themepark view as we will taking my 86 year old grandmother with us. Any recommendations on what room to request? Also can I make the request at the time I book or do I need to wait closer to the date? Any information would be great! Thanks for the terrific thread!

Where can you fill your resort mugs at BLT? Do you walk over to CR to do it? Sorry about the dumb questions

Where can you fill your resort mugs at BLT? Do you walk over to CR to do it? Sorry about the dumb questions

There are 2 options you have. You can walk to CR or refill at the BLT pool. There is a skyway that you access from the 5th floor and you enter directly into the Grand Canon concourse. The mug refill is there at the Contempo Cafe for cold and hot drinks. There is also a station at the pool for cold drinks. Have fun!

Kook, not sure if I ever posted my dates so that I can be added to the Log-orail. We will be staying at the CR-Atrium Club from 6/2/14 to 6/9/14. Love the WL, but looking forward to our first CR stay. :goodvibes

Have been looking at this thread for a while and I just have to say thank you so much! I have seen so much valuable information from this thread and it has made me fall in love with the contemporary! I stayed for the first time back in August 2013 in Tower BLV and absolutely loved it! After looking a this thread I have seen that I missed a lot at the resort when we were there since it has so much to offer. We got Annual passes this year due to a couple of conferences so we will be out there quite a lot this year. trip dates are March 15-21 CR TPV, June 2-5 AKL 5-8 CR TPV CL and December 6-17 CR TPV. Once again thank you so much for making this thread as it has helped me tremendously!

Sounds like you have some great trips planned :wizard:.

I'm so excited to say that our entire group of 12 (10 adults, 1 toddler, 1 infant) will now be staying in two 2bed villas at BLT! We were going to be split between the BLT and garden wing, but not anymore! :)

Congrats on getting a villa for the whole time. Have a great trip :goodvibes.

I am new to the DIS board and just trying to absorb all the fantastic knowledge on here. This is an awesome thread. I have been a DVC member for a few years now and never knew you could request a specific room. We are heading to DW this year and hoping to stay at BLT. We are spending the extra points to get the Themepark view as we will taking my 86 year old grandmother with us. Any recommendations on what room to request? Also can I make the request at the time I book or do I need to wait closer to the date? Any information would be great! Thanks for the terrific thread!

Welcome to the Dis :welcome:. I can't help with a room request as we haven't stayed at the CR yet, but wanted to say welcome to the Dis and I hope you have a great time at the CR :).

Kook, not sure if I ever posted my dates so that I can be added to the Log-orail. We will be staying at the CR-Atrium Club from 6/2/14 to 6/9/14. Love the WL, but looking forward to our first CR stay. :goodvibes

I hope you enjoy your stay at the CR :). We love the WL, too, as it's one of our favorite resorts, but we are hoping to try the CR sometime. I hope you will give a report after your trip :goodvibes.

There are 2 options you have. You can walk to CR or refill at the BLT pool. There is a skyway that you access from the 5th floor and you enter directly into the Grand Canon concourse. The mug refill is there at the Contempo Cafe for cold and hot drinks. There is also a station at the pool for cold drinks. Have fun!

Thank you so much. I knew about the contempo but wasn't sure if there was anything on the BLT side. That's great :thumbsup2

Be advised, when doing this in reverse, it is 4th floor of the contemporary, but 5th floor of BLT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter