• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need an ADR for breakfast at Wave? We'll have 8 people. Not quite sure what day we want to go but would like to check out the buffet one morning since it seems like about the least expensive breakfast buffet on property.
Unless you're eating on a holiday, you should be fine at The Wave for breakfast w/o an ADR. However, it's possible your large party might be split up. Though I've never seen it crowded there at breakfast, sometimes convention groups do eat there and they can take up several large tables. But, I think you'll be just fine. BTW, we think The Wave and Trail's End have once of the best breakfast buffets on-property.

Dh said he would love to stay in another GV, but if we stay in a 2 bedroom instead then he said we could stay for 2 extra nights. I would rather stay for the extra nights, but that means that we would not have my sister and mother in law come with us on the trip, just dh, myself and our 4 kids.
I will post a few pictures now from my cell phone, and will post better ones when I download them from my camera :)
Extra nights! Extra nights! Thank you so much for posting your GV photos. The GV is gorgeous! I'm going to post a link in the BLT section to your photos:)

Those BLT grand villas always remind me of a swanky Manhattan apartment (which would probably cost over $10 mil!). Incredible views, too! Thanks for posting and making us all jealous. :rotfl2:
Only, the GV is probably twice the size and has a much better view:snooty:

need advice for room request please!:) I just switched us from garden wing to tower theme park view! I am VERY excited about this change but know almost nothing about the CR! We are a family with 2 relatively young children and will definitely have a stroller. We like easy access to food and transportation! Also important is a relatively quiet area so kids can sleep when tired. Is there a certain area in the tower that would be better for us? I read to request a room away from Chef Mickeys for the noise level but don't know if I should get more specific.

Also, is the view better or worse from certain areas? Want to get the most of my one and only them park view reservation!

Thanks for any help you can give. We got a lot of help from Tiki Man when booking Poly for the first time but I don't know of any CR authority like that!
Welcome to the CR/BLT thread! There is a lot of information on the first page of the thread about CR. Unlike Poly, room location requests for the Tower are very limited. The Poly has many longhouses and some rooms don't have balconies, some views can be obstructed and some guests want to be close to the GCH so they are close to shops and dining and don't get as wet when it rains. At CR, all Tower rooms have a balcony and an unobstructed view and you never have to get rained on to dine, shop, go to the gym or play at the arcade. Since there is an elevator in the middle of every floor, no room is far from the 4th floor Concourse where all the shops and restaurants are located. Everything, except the laundry, is just an elevator ride away, and the laundry is just next door at the GW via covered walkway. CR's Tower has about the most convenient access to food and transportation as it gets and you also have the walkway to the MK.

When booking a TPV/MKV, some prefer a high floor to have a more commanding view. All the TPV rooms though have amazing views of the MK. Some prefer an odd-numbered room so that when they're in bed, they are facing the MK. The only other request guests make would be if they prefer to be far from Chef Mickey's. Since you want a quiet location, I would request that. Those 3 requests, high floor, odd numbered room and away from CM, are generally the only ones guests make for a TPV. Happy planning!

It was All. And we had All at Kidani also. I didn't notice they had switched until you mentioned it :)

Thank you! I will be sure to run out and get some travel packages of Tide this week. Last thing I need is someone having a reaction to new laundry detergent on vacation.

Is there a certain area in the tower that would be better for us? I read to request a room away from Chef Mickeys for the noise level but don't know if I should get more specific.

Also, is the view better or worse from certain areas? Want to get the most of my one and only them park view reservation!

I was on the 8th floor right over Chef Mickey's (TPV side) and I didn't notice the noise at all so long as I was in the room. Outside the room the sound is like being above a child's playground during breakfast. Higher floor is obviously better anyway to get a better view of MK.

Now I don't know what to do! Should I book for the 18-24th, then rebook when the dates through the 25th open up? Or just book once? Maybe if the 25th doesn't open by Tuesday, I'll just go ahead and book. I'm afraid of getting all distracted with TG.

Of course, it turns out this is all for nothing...because I think we're going in December instead. I want to book a room for October just in case, though, because I'm not convinced the kids will really want to give up the Halloween party. Decisions, decisions...

Your dates are open if you still want to go in October. Every room category is available! :goodvibes:goodvibes:yay::yay:

Thank you! I have a SV 1 bdr booked for October!
Congratulations!

Yay!!! Nancy Drew solves another one, hahaha!!
:thumbsup2
nancy.jpg

I will take pictures of these next month. (And I might have to taste test some;))

Festive holiday snacks made their debut at the Contemporary Resort's Gingerbread Tree display in Disney World this week. Paying tribute to Mary Blair's mural, a Five-Legged Goat Krispy Treat is available for $5. A Hidden Mickey Cupcake ($5.25) takes a vanilla cupcake with holiday-hued frosting and turns it into a work of art with a chocolate Hidden Mickey inside. Other fun treats include a monorail sugar cookie ($5), Mickey Gingerbread Shingles ($7.75), and more. Look for gluten-free gingerbread cookies.

~AllEars

All Disney Vacation Club members staying at a Walt Disney World resort -- on a reservation booked using either points or cash -- can access the Top of the World Lounge in Bay Lake Tower nightly through December 29, 2014. The perk extends to members and others in their traveling party. At least one member must accompany the group and provide a Key to the World card or blue Disney Vacation Club member ID card to gain entrance. Walt Disney World transportation must be used to reach Bay Lake Tower. Parking is only permitted to guests staying at Disney's Contemporary Resort or Bay Lake Tower. Lounge access is not available on select blockout dates which currently includes December 30-31, 2013, and July 3-4, 2014. Top of the World Lounge features a full bar, limited menu of appetizers and seating for approximately 77 guests. An outdoor deck is also available to view the nightly Magic Kingdom fireworks. Lounge access and seating are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Admission begins at approximately 5:00pm nightly.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...p-of-the-world-lounge-access-extended-to-2014

~AllEars

Wow! I wonder how that will be? I'm not a member so I've never been up there, but I imagine it could lead to some major overcrowding, especially during Wishes!

Wow! I wonder how that will be? I'm not a member so I've never been up there, but I imagine it could lead to some major overcrowding, especially during Wishes!

They have had that schedule for the past year or so already. No problems.

So on black out dates is totwl closed or only blt owners can be admitted also r children allowed into the lounge or just balcony to c the fireworks

Welcome to the CR/BLT thread! There is a lot of information on the first page of the thread about CR. Unlike Poly, room location requests for the Tower are very limited. The Poly has many longhouses and some rooms don't have balconies, some views can be obstructed and some guests want to be close to the GCH so they are close to shops and dining and don't get as wet when it rains. At CR, all Tower rooms have a balcony and an unobstructed view and you never have to get rained on to dine, shop, go to the gym or play at the arcade. Since there is an elevator in the middle of every floor, no room is far from the 4th floor Concourse where all the shops and restaurants are located. Everything, except the laundry, is just an elevator ride away, and the laundry is just next door at the GW via covered walkway. CR's Tower has about the most convenient access to food and transportation as it gets and you also have the walkway to the MK.

When booking a TPV/MKV, some prefer a high floor to have a more commanding view. All the TPV rooms though have amazing views of the MK. Some prefer an odd-numbered room so that when they're in bed, they are facing the MK. The only other request guests make would be if they prefer to be far from Chef Mickey's. Since you want a quiet location, I would request that. Those 3 requests, high floor, odd numbered room and away from CM, are generally the only ones guests make for a TPV. Happy planning![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! According to this I'm sure I will be happy with any room :) This takes one more thing off my worries!

So on black out dates is totwl closed or only blt owners can be admitted also r children allowed into the lounge or just balcony to c the fireworks

On the black out dates, only DVC members staying at BLT can go up to the lounge. Children are permitted in the lounge, but they should mind their manners. Some members consider this a more adult place and don't care for children that are allowed free range of the lounge.

Thank you, mickeynut1. I hope you and yours have a relaxing day filled with yummy goodies.

Thanks, Kook. I hope you have a nice, relaxing day with your family as well :goodvibes.

I'm not going to have you add us to the log-orail just yet, but it looks promising that we will be at the CR in the spring :thumbsup2. We are booked for the end of March right now, but will probably be changing to the end of May/beginning of June. As soon as we make a final decision, I will let you know if we need to be added ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter