• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I was able to go to your profile and look at your started threads list and found it. If we do October again (kids today said they'd like to wait for December and see Disney Christmas-ed up, but we'll see) our check out date will be 11 months from the end of this week. So, I'll just check daily until TG and see if anything pops up.

Not a problem! Just be prepared to feel like you're leaving the Disney bubble when you walk into the Contemporary's convention areas (which is where the Business Center is). I was shocked at how un-Disney the Contemporary feels once you get to the convention area of the hotel. It feels like any regular old Marriott down there, IMO.

Fantastic!!!! Good luck :) Let us know how it goes!

:wave:

Your Bay Lake neighbor has a new home. The new 2014 WL/VWL thread is posted HERE.

I've expanded it to 21 posts on two pages and every post has been revised. There are some new photos and updated information throughout. All the posts are hyperlinked in Post #1.

Fantastic!!!! Good luck :) Let us know how it goes!

Well, a Garden Wing room opened today, so I have that booked for October 18-25, 2014. :cool1: Of course, I had to call because MDE was giving me an error about the ages of my kids (????) and wouldn't let me book. Interestingly, the reservations staff told me that they don't get the BLT room inventory until 8-10 month before booking. I'm still going to keep looking for them this week, though, because we all know how accurate the phone CMs are.

It is nice knowing we have our place saved, at least!

I know Deb & Bill's response to you is what everyone told me when we started looking to make a cash reservation for next July, but it actually wasn't the case. At around the 11 month mark (or 10.5ish) WDW.com had a great deal of availability. Standard view was often limited and one bedrooms seemed to go first, but we had no problem booking a cash reservation for a two bedroom MK view! I just started watching at the 12 month mark and watched each day to see if there was a pattern. I actually started a thread to post the progress/process for others who might ask this question down the line, but I don't know how to post it from the DIS app. I'll link it when I'm on my laptop. The pattern we noticed was about 10.5-11 months out from your check OUT day. Good luck!!

It would be great if you can post it. I am looking for a 2 br for 11/1-11/8/2014 and would love to get an idea of when things became available. I know availability won't be open until December 1 at the very earliest.

I am going to check through a broker on December 1 but I'm worried they won't have someone with 285 points.

Well, a Garden Wing room opened today, so I have that booked for October 18-25, 2014. :cool1: Of course, I had to call because MDE was giving me an error about the ages of my kids (????) and wouldn't let me book. Interestingly, the reservations staff told me that they don't get the BLT room inventory until 8-10 month before booking. I'm still going to keep looking for them this week, though, because we all know how accurate the phone CMs are.

I just did a little searching on wdw.com
Sept 20-27 has a LOT open
Sept 27-Oct 4 has a LOT open
Oct 4-11 has quite a bit open, all 2 bedroom categories are unavailable, though
Oct 11-18 Everything is available except standard view in all categories
Oct 18-25 is showing no availability which means it should be the next week to open up...hopefully SOON! Keep checking every day! From what we could tell it seemed to update on Saturdays, but there wasn't any exact science to it!

Sometimes you have to be your own advocate! The phone CMs and every thread on here kept telling me 7-8 months too, but I just kept persisting and checking. Another DISer and I were watching for the weeks right next to each other, so we'd PM each other and keep an eye out. It was a lot of work, but worth it to know we have exactly what we hoped for! :)

It would be great if you can post it. I am looking for a 2 br for 11/1-11/8/2014 and would love to get an idea of when things became available. I know availability won't be open until December 1 at the very earliest.

I am going to check through a broker on December 1 but I'm worried they won't have someone with 285 points.

Here's the thread :) Hope it helps!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137255

Joining in....:wave2:

Just confirmed the dates for a mother daughter spring week end at the CR! princess:princess:

Haven't stayed at the CR in a few years...but after reading about the room renovations...and just the general excitement here about this WDW classic we have decided to head back to where we started many years ago...:goodvibes

And we are very excited!! :cheer2:

I just did a little searching on wdw.com
Sept 20-27 has a LOT open
Sept 27-Oct 4 has a LOT open
Oct 4-11 has quite a bit open, all 2 bedroom categories are unavailable, though
Oct 11-18 Everything is available except standard view in all categories
Oct 18-25 is showing no availability which means it should be the next week to open up...hopefully SOON! Keep checking every day! From what we could tell it seemed to update on Saturdays, but there wasn't any exact science to it!

Sometimes you have to be your own advocate! The phone CMs and every thread on here kept telling me 7-8 months too, but I just kept persisting and checking. Another DISer and I were watching for the weeks right next to each other, so we'd PM each other and keep an eye out. It was a lot of work, but worth it to know we have exactly what we hoped for! :)

Here's the thread :) Hope it helps!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137255

I would say the lack of availability for week of 18-25 Oct is that it just opened up to BLT owners 11mo out since I booked this week for a 19 Oct arrival. And since Oct is the heart of wine and food I would also venture a guess that many owners are using their points during this time.

I have also stalked the res system at various times for AK and CR when I was out of DVC points....just be ready to call everyday to check !:cool1:

We just returned from an amazing stay (our first) in a grand villa at BLT. We are hooked, especially my husband who now refuses to stay anywhere else. Everything at BLT and the Contemporary was amazing and so convenient.

We just returned from an amazing stay (our first) in a grand villa at BLT. We are hooked, especially my husband who now refuses to stay anywhere else. Everything at BLT and the Contemporary was amazing and so convenient.

Isn't it Magical though? We stayed in a GV for the first time January 3-10, 2012 and will be going back Dec. 13-20, 2014. Can hardly wait. My brother, who says he isn't a mouse fan, was sold when he saw the view of the castle. He wanted to know if we couldn't have the exact same Villa when we go back. :goodvibes

Just confirmed the dates for a mother daughter spring week end at the CR! princess:princess:

Haven't stayed at the CR in a few years...but after reading about the room renovations...and just the general excitement here about this WDW classic we have decided to head back to where we started many years ago...:goodvibes

Hi Blue :). Congrats on booking the CR for next spring. We are currently booked for March, but may be changing our dates....only time will tell.....LOL. I'm sure you will have a magical trip :wizard:.

Glad you had a nice stay :goodvibes. We are trying the CR for the first time in March and I'm very excited to stay there :yay:.

We are returning to the CR Jan 29 - Feb 1 AL CL BLV! Last time we had TPV and it was amazing! LOVED watching the MVMCP fireworks from our balcony. You really did feel on top of the world up there! PLUS: We are hooked on the convenience and comfort of the CR!

HOWEVER, Thought we'd try the BLV this time around, using the lounge for our view of MK and fireworks. Will we be disappointed? Any thoughts?

Sorry, just a little bit insecure about trying the BLV side and giving up the view of the castle.

We are returning to the CR Jan 29 - Feb 1 AL CL BLV! Last time we had TPV and it was amazing! LOVED watching the MVMCP fireworks from our balcony. You really did feel on top of the world up there! PLUS: We are hooked on the convenience and comfort of the CR!

HOWEVER, Thought we'd try the BLV this time around, using the lounge for our view of MK and fireworks. Will we be disappointed? Any thoughts?

Sorry, just a little bit insecure about trying the BLV side and giving up the view of the castle.

I can't say whether or not you'll be disappointed as everyone's opinion is different and we haven't even stayed at the CR yet, but I had that same thought about booking BLV CL vs TPV CL. BLV CL seems like the perfect combination as the views over bay lake look amazing (not to mention it's cheaper than TPV) and the lounge has a great view of the castle, but I couldn't stop thinking about how awesome it would be to see the castle from our own balcony. Needless to say, we are booked TPV CL for March :rolleyes1.

I can't say whether or not you'll be disappointed as everyone's opinion is different and we haven't even stayed at the CR yet, but I had that same thought about booking BLV CL vs TPV CL. BLV CL seems like the perfect combination as the views over bay lake look amazing (not to mention it's cheaper than TPV) and the lounge has a great view of the castle, but I couldn't stop thinking about how awesome it would be to see the castle from our own balcony. Needless to say, we are booked TPV CL for March :rolleyes1.
Lol!! My thoughts exactly!! Yes, lake view is less expensive, but......to lay in your bed at night and watch the colors on the Castle....PRICELESS!!:lovestruc. Enjoy!!!

We'll be staying at the BLT in March in a 1 bedroom....MK view of course. :thumbsup2

I would say the lack of availability for week of 18-25 Oct is that it just opened up to BLT owners 11mo out since I booked this week for a 19 Oct arrival. And since Oct is the heart of wine and food I would also venture a guess that many owners are using their points during this time.

I have also stalked the res system at various times for AK and CR when I was out of DVC points....just be ready to call everyday to check !:cool1:

Actually, it looks as though my "data" is holding true. Today is the 23, and it's showing availability through October 24 as the check OUT date just like I posted previously...11 months from your check OUT date (and often it allowed up to the date after that.) The PP has a check out date of October 25, so that week should be available for booking through CRO in the next day or two. :dance3: Fingers crossed! This summer it varied a little...sometimes it updated daily, and sometimes weekly, so hopefully it'll be tomorrow!

At least you booked something and I bet you'll be switched over to BLT soon:)

How sweet to be going with your DD to CR. You're both going to have a great time and the resort is still amazing.

It's great having DH hooked and you'll have to book your return trip soon. Will you stay in another GV or something smaller? Will you be posting any GV photos?

Isn't it Magical though? We stayed in a GV for the first time January 3-10, 2012 and will be going back Dec. 13-20, 2014. Can hardly wait. My brother, who says he isn't a mouse fan, was sold when he saw the view of the castle. He wanted to know if we couldn't have the exact same Villa when we go back. :goodvibes
I hope you get the same villa next year. Are you going to request it for your DB?

You will not be disappointed! BLV is our favorite view. There isn't a parking lot below - just Bay Lake, the birds flying around Discovery Island, the marina/pool…it's perfect. And, every time you go to the lounge, you can enjoy the TPV - it's the best of both worlds. We requested BLV for our Tower Club stay next summer. I know we're in the minority, be we prefer the view. I'll add you to the Log-orail.

Actually, it looks as though my "data" is holding true. Today is the 23, and it's showing availability through October 24 as the check OUT date just like I posted previously...11 months from your check OUT date (and often it allowed up to the date after that.) The PP has a check out date of October 25, so that week should be available for booking through CRO in the next day or two. :dance3: Fingers crossed! This summer it varied a little...sometimes it updated daily, and sometimes weekly, so hopefully it'll be tomorrow!
Great detective work, Nancy Drew:thumbsup2

At least you booked something and I bet you'll be switched over to BLT soon:)

How sweet to be going with your DD to CR. You're both going to have a great time and the resort is still amazing.

It's great having DH hooked and you'll have to book your return trip soon. Will you stay in another GV or something smaller? Will you be posting any GV photos?

I hope you get the same villa next year. Are you going to request it for your DB?

You will not be disappointed! BLV is our favorite view. There isn't a parking lot below - just Bay Lake, the birds flying around Discovery Island, the marina/pool…it's perfect. And, every time you go to the lounge, you can enjoy the TPV - it's the best of both worlds. We requested BLV for our Tower Club stay next summer. I know we're in the minority, be we prefer the view. I'll add you to the Log-orail.

Great detective work, Nancy Drew:thumbsup2

Ha!!!! It's the only way to get it if you aren't DVC! If I have to be Nancy Drew, then so be it :)

Do you need an ADR for breakfast at Wave? We'll have 8 people. Not quite sure what day we want to go but would like to check out the buffet one morning since it seems like about the least expensive breakfast buffet on property.

Yes, very magical :) We were in GV 8424. I'm sure your brother will be hooked too!!!!

It's great having DH hooked and you'll have to book your return trip soon. Will you stay in another GV or something smaller? Will you be posting any GV photos? Drew:thumbsup2

Dh said he would love to stay in another GV, but if we stay in a 2 bedroom instead then he said we could stay for 2 extra nights. I would rather stay for the extra nights, but that means that we would not have my sister and mother in law come with us on the trip, just dh, myself and our 4 kids.
I will post a few pictures now from my cell phone, and will post better ones when I download them from my camera :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter