(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
New DIS Park Bench video of the CR and Seven Seas Lagoon as seen from the Poly boat dock...with Polynesian music (and construction trucks beeping in the background:upsidedow). ENJOY!

Thanks for posting that.

Especially because I was thinking that the Polynesian wouldn't be that bad during construction, would it? That beeping reminded me what construction entails....

Thanks for posting that.

Especially because I was thinking that the Polynesian wouldn't be that bad during construction, would it? That beeping reminded me what construction entails....

Definitely NOT what I want to hear when paying $600 or so a night!

Thanks for posting that.

You're welcome. Maybe they need to play the Polynesian music MUCH LOUDER so as to drown out the BEEPING. And, the poor GF guests have had to endure the DVC construction and now Poly right next door...it's a good time to be on Bay Lake;)

Whoo hoo :cool1: I am joining in! Just got our reservation booked (renting points) for standard view studio at BLT 9/21/14-9/25/14 (part of split stay). Excited to get to stay here, even though I still have 11 months to go :(

My payoff day is tomorrow!!

Aaaand, I'm already planning my next vacation! Next year's vacation is going to be big, DH has a month off from mid Dec - mid Jan. I'm coming up with some great ideas.

I suspect that many of you are well traveled, so if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Right now, there are 3 options on the table. I'm going to do a powerpoint for the family so they can decide. For all 3 options we will fly out on 12/27:

1. St. Augustine (to visit and aunt) for 3 nights in a beach condo (I know it will prob be too cold to swim, but the beach is so nice to see!), 4 nights in Orlando at Gaylord Palms enjoying Gatorland, Legoland, Air Boat tours and then 5 nights at Disney, probably staying at the Grand Floridian
2. Costa Rica. 3 nights in the center of the country staying near a volcano and rainforest. 4 nights at a Hilton All inclusive resort on the beach.
3. Going out West. Visit Yosemite, see the sequoias, see the grand canyon, see the dessert and maybe even visit a posh dude ranch for a few nights.

Anything I should add? Take out? Anyone been to these locations and can swing me one way or another?

We just booked our first stay at BLT for 5/14/13-5/20/14 in a studio lake view. We are pretty new DVC members and are making our rounds to all the resorts. It's SO hard to decide where to stay but I'm psyched we landed on BLT for our May trip. We have 2 boys ( ages 3 and 4) so I think being on the monorail will be great!

Whoo hoo :cool1: I am joining in! Just got our reservation booked (renting points) for standard view studio at BLT 9/21/14-9/25/14 (part of split stay). Excited to get to stay here, even though I still have 11 months to go :(
Welcome to the thread and I'll add you to the Log-orail. It's never too early to look forward to your WDW vacation and, as Happyjen27 has pointed out, it's never too soon to plan your NEXT WDW vacation;)

My payoff day is tomorrow!!

Aaaand, I'm already planning my next vacation! Next year's vacation is going to be big, DH has a month off from mid Dec - mid Jan. I'm coming up with some great ideas.

I suspect that many of you are well traveled, so if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Right now, there are 3 options on the table. I'm going to do a powerpoint for the family so they can decide. For all 3 options we will fly out on 12/27:

1. St. Augustine (to visit and aunt) for 3 nights in a beach condo (I know it will prob be too cold to swim, but the beach is so nice to see!), 4 nights in Orlando at Gaylord Palms enjoying Gatorland, Legoland, Air Boat tours and then 5 nights at Disney, probably staying at the Grand Floridian
2. Costa Rica. 3 nights in the center of the country staying near a volcano and rainforest. 4 nights at a Hilton All inclusive resort on the beach.
3. Going out West. Visit Yosemite, see the sequoias, see the grand canyon, see the dessert and maybe even visit a posh dude ranch for a few nights.

Anything I should add? Take out? Anyone been to these locations and can swing me one way or another?
Do numbers 2 & 3 not include WDW? Can you squeeze DLR in with #3? We've been to St. Augustine and while it was enjoyable, I have to say that after a few hours there, there really isn't anything left to do, unless you want to do more shopping, boating or you're just wanting to stay on the beach and enjoy your resort. We didn't stay overnight, but knocked out the major attractions in a few hours. The Fort has a nice tour and Barnacle Bill's on Castillo is a nice, reasonably priced, casual seafood restaurant. It's right across from the Visitor's Center.

Cost Rica is great if you like to fish. I love your "going west" idea and would love to read some experiences of others who have done it.

We just booked our first stay at BLT for 5/14/13-5/20/14 in a studio lake view. We are pretty new DVC members and are making our rounds to all the resorts. It's SO hard to decide where to stay but I'm psyched we landed on BLT for our May trip. We have 2 boys ( ages 3 and 4) so I think being on the monorail will be great!
Congratulations and I'll add you to the Log-orail. BLT is wonderful! The three of us stayed in a One Bedroom LV. Do you need the kitchen? The Studios are actually smaller than a CR room. I have photos of the view from a Lake View where we could easily see the monorail to our right. Your boys might enjoy that. I requested an outer villa, facing CR on a high floor. Happy planning!

Up and ready to go! See you in a few hours:rotfl2::rotfl2::cool1::cool1:
Have fun!

Safe Travels
:wave2:

We have just booked a tower room for seven nights next August, are there any preferred locations / floors I should request? Have all the CR rooms now been refurbished? Its our first time at the CR, looking forward to it!

can i asked who u booked with??? those are our dates and i want a one bedroom but no one can book till 7 months out :(

can i asked who u booked with??? those are our dates and i want a one bedroom but no one can book till 7 months out :(

I started a whole thread on this because you can book on cash sooner than 7 months. It takes a lot of persistence and constant checking of WDW.com, but we were able to book around 11 months out! When are you going?

Oh, I see you said your dates were Sept like the PP. Check WDW.com. You should be able to book soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter