(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read through most of the thread, but did not see information specific to the refurbishment timeline/progress at the Contemporary. Did I miss it? Would love to know if anyone has heard!

wdhinn89 asked about the removal/replacement of the fridges in the resort rooms. There was much discussion about that in the link I provided. That's the only reason I posted that link. Sorry for the confusion.

wdhinn89 asked about the removal/replacement of the fridges in the resort rooms. There was much discussion about that in the link I provided. That's the only reason I posted that link. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries- I appreciated it! It was good reading. Think I'm just overly anxious as I have 5 non-loving Disney families toting along. :goodvibes

When you say 6-8 adults, do you mean real adults or age 10 and up? It may get real crowded real quick with that many full sized people in a two bedroom villa. Six might not be too bad, but eight adults and one toddler? Kind of crowded.

Real adults. 6 of us will be there all 6 nights. The extra two will likely be arriving late and added to our reservation if possible then (from what I've read on here, that should be possible). There are 4 beds in the 2 bedroom, so we will be fine! Thanks for the note, though. We're used to all being in each other's space--we're a close knit family. For example, we grew up with just 1 full bathroom for our family of 6.

We are now booked for May 2014 in an Atrium Club Level Theme Park View. :) First time in CL so we'll see how this goes. I've stayed in the CR before, but its been so long since we stayed in a tower room I can't remember. My parents have told stories when they stayed there when it first opened, so I can't wait to see how they like it now. Now comes the waiting.
How exciting that you're going back! Congratulations!

We are staying at CR TPV for a week and struggled with where to stay but finally decided on TPV because of the kids. Can't wait to see the kids faces when we show them the castle from the balcony. We arrive on July 28 so it should be fun!
You're all going to have a great time! Your vacation is coming up soon:hyper:

Sure, why not? :) I haven't made it deep enough in the thread to find the Log-orail yet, but it'll be me, DH, and anywhere from 0-2 foster kids from Jan 9th to 12th, 2014.
Wheeeeee! I can't wait to ride that monorail home! :)
Thanks so much for all the work you do on this thread!
All the information related to CR and BLT are on the first two pages of this thread. The Log-orail is at the end of post #1:)

Just read about the removal of refrigerators at the Disney resorts. Does anyone know the status at the CR? Hopefully they will all be replaced by our August trip.
In post #1898 several pages back, I posted that the larger resorts, such as All Stars might take up to 4 months. WL, for example, had very few of the recalled fridges and all were replaced last week. I don't have a status update yet for CR.

I guess I will worry about it when we get closer to the date. We need a fridge for my sons insulin (type 1 diabetic) so I will call and put in a request.
Yes, just call the WDTC and have them add your fridge request to your reservation, just to be on the safe side.

For some reason I cannot decide if I will be disappointed in the garden wing room or not....we would like to stay at CR for proximity to Mk and MNSSHP and seeing as we won't be in the room to see the fireworks at night I don't feel like TPV would be worth it this time...should I do garden wing room or lake view room for this part of our stay?

For some reason I cannot decide if I will be disappointed in the garden wing room or not....we would like to stay at CR for proximity to Mk and MNSSHP and seeing as we won't be in the room to see the fireworks at night I don't feel like TPV would be worth it this time...should I do garden wing room or lake view room for this part of our stay?

This is strictly my opinion, but it sounds to me like you really want to be in the tower with TPV being your first choice, but are unsure of whether or not TPV is worth the extra cost. I can't give an opinion on any locations/views as we've never stayed at the CR, but if I were you, I'd book lake view and if a discount comes out that is available for TPV, upgrade at that time :).

Mickeynut1
I always said I would only stay in the tower with TPV...but now I am wondering if it will be worth it if we are in the park at night for MNSSHP and I am hoping to do dinner at California grill and watch wishes from the lounge another night...my concern with garden wing is that people say it is a far walk to the tower.

I am hoping to book VGF if there is availability for it! but if not am considering CR/AKV split...crazy I am! :)

Mickeynut1
I always said I would only stay in the tower with TPV...but now I am wondering if it will be worth it if we are in the park at night for MNSSHP and I am hoping to do dinner at California grill and watch wishes from the lounge another night...my concern with garden wing is that people say it is a far walk to the tower.

I am hoping to book VGF if there is availability for it! but if not am considering CR/AKV split...crazy I am! :)

I totally understand because those are my thoughts as well ;). If you could get a decent discount on a TPV, it would be worth it, IMO. Good luck with VGF as I think that would be an awesome stay ::yes::. With that said, AKV is also another great option (I just posted on your thread.....lol).

Mickeynut1

It is not a long walk at all. It is very close from the exit of the Tower to the entrance of the Garden Wing, and it is covered. Now, if you had the furthest room into the Garden Wing (which would net you a nice view), it might be a slight walk, but really, it is not far at all. And the rooms are identical in terms of size, decor, etc. :cool1:

It is not a long walk at all. It is very close from the exit of the Tower to the entrance of the Garden Wing, and it is covered. Now, if you had the furthest room into the Garden Wing (which would net you a nice view), it might be a slight walk, but really, it is not far at all. And the rooms are identical in terms of size, decor, etc. :cool1:

are you staying in the garden wing or tower when you go?

I like the idea of being so close to the MK especially after MNSSHP. plus DH wants to try other dining options and CR has some great ones!

are you staying in the garden wing or tower when you go?

I like the idea of being so close to the MK especially after MNSSHP. plus DH wants to try other dining options and CR has some great ones!

I will probably be in Tower (we are going for a conference and you can request Tower room at same conference rate as Garden Wing). We have stayed twice before in Garden Wing (once South and once in the old now torn down North Wing). Is the Tower room more convenient and magical? Yes, but noisier and busier and some have reported elevator issues, although we did not experience that when we were there. However, for the price difference, if I were footing the bill, I would def not hesitate to do Garden Wing. I just don't get why everyone thinks it's a long walk from there to Tower. It's much shorter than our walk from a POR preferred room to the Riverside food court, and it's covered.

Only you know what you can afford and what will please your family, but if it comes down to the walk to the tower, that is a total non-issue IMHO.

Regardless, CR can be a magical place to stay and has great access to the MK :wizard: Enjoy!

I asked the WL/CL IPO when CA Grill would be re-opening, but she didn't have an answer. However, MouseSavers is reporting that it is closed through 8/24, which implies it will be re-opening 8/25. I'm disappointed it won't be open before we leave on the 10th, but I hope some of you get to book it!

I asked the WL/CL IPO when CA Grill would be re-opening, but she didn't have an answer. However, MouseSavers is reporting that it is closed through 8/24, which implies it will be re-opening 8/25. I'm disappointed it won't be open before we leave on the 10th, but I hope some of you get to book it!

Keeping fingers and toes and everything else crossed that it will be open when we are there the 2nd week of Sept.

Laura

Is the Tower room more convenient and magical? Yes, but noisier and busier and some have reported elevator issues, although we did not experience that when we were there. However, for the price difference, if I were footing the bill, I would def not hesitate to do Garden Wing. I just don't get why everyone thinks it's a long walk from there to Tower. It's much shorter than our walk from a POR preferred room to the Riverside food court, and it's covered. be a magical place to stay and has great access to the MK :wizard: Enjoy!

I've never stayed in the Tower, but I agree with everything you say about the garden wing.

I am wondering how people are able to keep the air condition running during the night while sleeping in bay lake towers.

Does anyone have some good ideas?

Just sitting here thinking resorts and wondering if anyone here has ever been upgraded to TPV from the garden wing before? I am not expecting to at all before people say don't expect it! Lol. I was just wondering what kind of upgrades they do at the CR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter