(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of requesting BLV in the Garden Wing...we were in Rapa Nui when we stayed at Poly...like 5 minutes literally to the TTC. LOVED it!!

Although I would be requesting Tokelau this time around if we went with Poly instead of CR...perhaps about the same instance then as GW?

Would love to know that too as we stayed Tokelau last time too and would love to know distance between Gw and monorail.

Would love to know that too as we stayed Tokelau last time too and would love to know distance between Gw and monorail.

I think Tokelau is closer to GCH than a CR GW room at the very end of the wing overlooking BL. We have stayed in both several times, Poly and Tokelau being our favorite. Also we are walkers and do not mind a walk from the room at all - so this is not coming from someone who thinks almost every room is too far. :thumbsup2. My experience is that Tokelau to TTC would be about the same walk time as CR GW (end rooms) to the MK. :)

We would need an elevator as we have the stroller still for our youngest. I am just wondering how far the garden wing is from the monorail. Is it the same distance as one of the long houses at poly to the great ceremonial house?

It really depends on your room location in the CR GW - if you request one close to the Tower then it will be about the same to the monorail as one of the closer Long Houses at the Poly - including wait times for the elevator. If at the far end of the GW, then that will take longer than almost any Poly Longhouse to GCH. :thumbsup2. We've done both several times. ::yes::

I'm wondering if someone can help me, please? We were thinking of booking BLT last summer and I remember seeing a layout of the building and the view/type of villa and where each is located on each floor. I don't see it on the first page of this thread (unless I missed it.) Could someone please direct me to where I could find it? We're trying to plan for summer 2014 :) :)

I'm wondering if someone can help me, please? We were thinking of booking BLT last summer and I remember seeing a layout of the building and the view/type of villa and where each is located on each floor. I don't see it on the first page of this thread (unless I missed it.) Could someone please direct me to where I could find it? We're trying to plan for summer 2014 :) :)

Quoting myself :rotfl:

I found it!! :cool1: Here's the link if anyone else is looking for it!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

The BLT room number/view thread is hyperlinked at the beginning of the BLT portion of the thread in post #12. This should help you plan:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Just a reminder to all interested parties that hyperlinks to many rehabbed CR room photos can be found in Post #1:)

Thank you!! It figures I looked for an hour and couldn't find it, so I posted that question and then Boom! There it was :) Haha!
No problem and that's what we're here for. Hope you get to book BLT soon. Speaking of which, I'm finding it hard to resist checking again for availability for August:rolleyes1

I'm sure this answer is here, bit I'm not finding it. We have a Tower room, BLV booked, I couldn't book a king size bed. Can I request one or are the only king beds CL? TIA!

No problem and that's what we're here for. Hope you get to book BLT soon. Speaking of which, I'm finding it hard to resist checking again for availability for August:rolleyes1

I bet!! :goodvibes We were just in WDW from June 8-13 and I am searching rates every day because I want to try to go back for a few days before I have to go back to school at the end of the month (I'm a teacher.)

I'm sure this answer is here, bit I'm not finding it. We have a Tower room, BLV booked, I couldn't book a king size bed. Can I request one or are the only king beds CL? TIA!
Yes, you can request a King non-CL room and no problem asking even if it were somewhere around here, (but it's not).

I bet!! :goodvibes We were just in WDW from June 8-13 and I am searching rates every day because I want to try to go back for a few days before I have to go back to school at the end of the month (I'm a teacher.)
Sounds like someone has an AP burning a hole in their pocket:rolleyes1

One more thing! I think we've finally decided on BLT for next July (trying to hit value season.) :cheer2:

If we're non-DVC, when can we book? I just called and the CM on the phone was so super sweet, but he was clueless as to the rule ;) I know this year value season starts on July 14, but a few years ago it was as late as the 18th (I think?) It always starts on a Sunday, right? I'm just trying to figure out if it will be the 13 or the 20. I teach and we go back to school pretty early and I don't want to push it too close!

Thanks Kook! Now to try and figure out my requests and priorities!

Hope you had a great 4th!

One more thing! I think we've finally decided on BLT for next July (trying to hit value season.) :cheer2:

If we're non-DVC, when can we book? I just called and the CM on the phone was so super sweet, but he was clueless as to the rule ;) I know this year value season starts on July 14, but a few years ago it was as late as the 18th (I think?) It always starts on a Sunday, right? I'm just trying to figure out if it will be the 13 or the 20. I teach and we go back to school pretty early and I don't want to push it too close!

If you are booking BLT direct through Disney then they open up the cash room reservations at 7 months out. If you book via a DVC owner, they can book up to 11 months out if you find an owner with BLT points.

NOTE: info above is incorrect! Reservations are available 10-11 months out. Sorry for the confusion!!

If you are booking BLT direct through Disney then they open up the cash room reservations at 7 months out. If you book via a DVC owner, they can book up to 11 months out if you find an owner with BLT points.

Thank you! On another thread I was told 10 months, but I kept seeing people mention something about 7 months so I was confused. Do you know if that means 7 months to the day (Ex: if we want to check in on July 14 we can't book until December 14) or would we be able to on December 1 for the whole month of July?

Thanks again :goodvibes

I'm glad you answered this because we have similar needs and will be booking soon for 2014. Is this the only variance between dedicated and lockoff two bedrooms? I thought I recalled seeing something somewhere about the laundry room being different (not that that's a big deal ;) )

The difference in laundry rooms is between the villas on the inside of the C and the ones on the outside of the C. The inside C villas have a full sized room for laundry, but they don't have the chairs at the counter for a breakfast bar. Outside the C they just have a small closet to hold just the washer and dryer, but have the tall chairs at the breakfast counter with an overhang on the counter.

That's what I am thinking too. We know we love the poly plus it is cheaper too. We are leaning towards October now and so I am planning on no discount and hoping for room only!!

We got some bad news about a friend of ours and my DH said lets go all out while the kids are young and prime for disney. In his words "book what you want". What a smart man. :rotfl2:

October is a great time to go. The weather is great and crowds aren't too bad. I'm sorry about your friend :hug:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter