(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, as always, for all the DVC expertise from our great DVC members like Deb & Bill, psac and AirGoofy:thumbsup2

Sorry you had to cancel, Kook. Maybe next year you can make it up with a 4-way split stay. ;) Enjoy the local vacations though!!! I imagine that cabin has the WL feel that you love.
Thanks, psac. It's funny that going to the Pigeon Forge area almost seems local when it's only a 9 hour drive Vs. 14 to WDW. Yes, the TN cabins do have that WL feel - except they're about 2000 SF :goodvibes

Not off topic and sorry you'll have to miss your trip. We stayed in Gatlinburg a few years back and did have a nice vacation. While it is not Disney, they have some fun stuff to do on vacation.
Thank you, AirGoofy. Yep, the area near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge has PLENTY to do and all that great BBQ, too! Everyone is real friendly, too:goodvibes

Thanks for letting me go OT again:)

Inner ring is lake view (odd number villas). Outer ring is standard and Theme Park View (for the most part, some are lake view) and are even number villas.

Actually, since the whole north and south wings of the outer ring are lake view (except the first few floors standard), there probably are still more lake view than MK view on the outer ring as well. To the OP, unless you do have a MK view booked (in which case you would have to lose your view for that laundry room), I would just make the request for "inner ring for the larger laundry room." That would explicitly tell the room assigner why you're making that request. As Deb & Bill said, the inner ring are all odd number rooms, so when you get there, if they give you an even number, you can ask to try to switch.
(I'm assuming the pack and play will actually fit, I have no idea myself.)

Thanks, as always, for all the DVC expertise from our great DVC members like Deb & Bill, psac and AirGoofy:thumbsup2

Thanks, psac. It's funny that going to the Pigeon Forge area almost seems local when it's only a 9 hour drive Vs. 14 to WDW. Yes, the TN cabins do have that WL feel - except they're about 2000 SF :goodvibes

Thank you, AirGoofy. Yep, the area near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge has PLENTY to do and all that great BBQ, too! Everyone is real friendly, too:goodvibes

Thanks for letting me go OT again:)

2000 sqft, must be costing you $94765 a night if they are priced like WDW rooms!!! :rotfl2: a big :offtopic: to us all. You're allowed, it's your thread! :thumbsup2

Hi! I wanted to post my visit dates for the logorail :)

My first visit home as a BLT member: November 7-11, 2013.

2000 sqft, must be costing you $94765 a night if they are priced like WDW rooms!!! :rotfl2: a big :offtopic: to us all. You're allowed, it's your thread! :thumbsup2
:lmao:I think that must be about right.

The Smokies are less expensive because it's a longer walk to the MK;)

Hi! I wanted to post my visit dates for the logorail :)

My first visit home as a BLT member: November 7-11, 2013.
You're going to love BLT - you've been logged:)

Hi! I recently booked CR for a September trip (21-27). My first stay in a deluxe resort. I am really excited about being so close to MK and right on the monorail.
I was wondering if there are any quiet courtyards or places to relax and read? This year we are traveling in a group of 5 adults. I am the only one who doesn't really like watching tv so most years I just wander to a quiet spot to unwind and get away from the crowd for a bit. I think that's why I enjoy POFQ and CSR so much. They both have courtyards with fountains and soft music in the background. Any good spots at CR. we do have garden wing garden view booked.

Thanks

Since you have a garden wing room booked that's perfect. See if you can get a first floor room opposite the pool. You can sit on you patio and just enjoy the view. IMHO one of the quietest spots; you will hear some boats but I think that's kind of relaxing.

Thanks. I think I'll do that. 5 people in a room gets really crowded. I have a feeling I'll be sneaking away quite a bit.

OK... so I am a resort changer. For our upcoming Aug trip, CR is the fourth resort I have switchted to (POR, AoA, GF, and now CR).

DD8 "caught" me looking at some pictures of another resort yesterday and said "Dad, we're NOT switching resorts again! Stick with the Contemporary!".

She really wants to be close to MK.

CR-GW it is, Aug 18-24th. Please add me to the log-orail!

:lmao:I think that must be about right.

The Smokies are less expensive because it's a longer walk to the MK;)

This made me laugh out loud!! I lurk on this thread and the WL one because I want to stay at one of them in 2014. We are planning to go to Pigeon Forge the week after Thanksgiving this year, instead of Disney (DH's choice, not mine!!). One of my arguments to DH was, yes the cabin will be nice, but you can't walk OR boat to MK!! :lmao:

Hello. I may book a Theme Park View Atrium Club Level Room for the Fall. If I do, what requests if any should I make regarding location, etc. Any advice be great. Thanks!

Avery

Will be staying at BLT May 25-June 1, 2014! So glad to find this thread-first time staying at BLT & first time traveling as parents! So excited!

SSR oct 2012
SSR feb 2011
All Star Music oct 2010
VWL. may2009
DCL. may 2009

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi! I recently booked CR for a September trip (21-27). My first stay in a deluxe resort. I am really excited about being so close to MK and right on the monorail.
I was wondering if there are any quiet courtyards or places to relax and read? This year we are traveling in a group of 5 adults. I am the only one who doesn't really like watching tv so most years I just wander to a quiet spot to unwind and get away from the crowd for a bit. I think that's why I enjoy POFQ and CSR so much. They both have courtyards with fountains and soft music in the background. Any good spots at CR. we do have garden wing garden view booked.

Thanks
Welcome and I think once you stay Deluxe, you'll be hooked. The transportation options are great.

As far as places to relax, outdoors there are chairs in and near the pool area. You could also walk over to BLT and relax in the back courtyard area. There are benches underneath all the trees in the inner courtyard. There is also a beach in the back with chairs.

Indoors at CR there are really comfy sofas just up the outdoor steps behind the pool and near the GW walkway. This is the 3rd floor where the convention rooms and CG check-in is. There is always plenty of seating up there. Up one level from there is the 4th floor Concourse where there is seating near Outer Rim facing out to Bay Lake. This is not off the beaten path like the 3rd floor, but the view is amazing.

You can even take the Blue Flag over to WL and relax there. There is plenty of seating both in the lobby and the upper levels have cozy seating areas, too. And, of course you can take the monorail to the GF where there are multiple seating areas surrounding the lobby that are comfy and seldom crowded. You can even listen to the live band.

Since you have a garden wing room booked that's perfect. See if you can get a first floor room opposite the pool. You can sit on you patio and just enjoy the view. IMHO one of the quietest spots; you will hear some boats but I think that's kind of relaxing.
Great idea!

OK... so I am a resort changer. For our upcoming Aug trip, CR is the fourth resort I have switchted to (POR, AoA, GF, and now CR).

DD8 "caught" me looking at some pictures of another resort yesterday and said "Dad, we're NOT switching resorts again! Stick with the Contemporary!".

She really wants to be close to MK.

CR-GW it is, Aug 18-24th. Please add me to the log-orail!
I laughed when I read about your DD. Last summer, mine wrote on a dry erase board in the kitchen, "Don't change BLT." It worked, I didn't change it and I loved it there. I think CR will stick for you since DD is really looking forward to it. But, I may use my magical erasing posting ink to log your dates;). Let us know if you get the itch to switch and we'll help talk you down.

This made me laugh out loud!! I lurk on this thread and the WL one because I want to stay at one of them in 2014. We are planning to go to Pigeon Forge the week after Thanksgiving this year, instead of Disney (DH's choice, not mine!!). One of my arguments to DH was, yes the cabin will be nice, but you can't walk OR boat to MK!! :lmao:
:rotfl:
Well, in both our defenses, we'll be just a short drive to Dollywood and a million other activities. The fresh air will do us both some good, right?

Hello. I may book a Theme Park View Atrium Club Level Room for the Fall. If I do, what requests if any should I make regarding location, etc. Any advice be great. Thanks!

Avery
:welcome: Avery!

Your room will be located on the 12th floor. There are really only a few requests you could make:

~An odd numbered room will have the beds facing toward the castle as you're seated in bed.

~Some ask to be located away from Chef Mickeys.

~And, some ask for a room without a connecting door (though I don't know how many rooms like yours exist w/o a connecting door.)

Let us know if you have any other questions:)

Will be staying at BLT May 25-June 1, 2014! So glad to find this thread-first time staying at BLT & first time traveling as parents! So excited!
:welcome: and I put you in the nifty log-orail.

The 4th floor observation deck is currently closed, is that correct?
I thought someone had posted that it had re-opened, but now I can't find the post. I originally thought it was re-opening when CA Grill re-opens in September, but I thought someone reported it being open now:scratchin

We had a fantastic stay at BLT last October. So much so that we're planning another WDW vacation for January/February 2015!!!

I would like to add that BLT has ruined us for other locations, at least for while the kids are small. The fireworks, location, monorail, and theme can't be beat!!!

This trip looks like it could be 6, 8, or maybe 9 people. We stayed in 2BD MKV and were thinking of the same again (but renting points this time). Then I was looking at David's website and it's actually cheaper to rent 2 studios (if the 9th person doesn't come).

I'm curious about what might be easier to rent...2 studios or a SV 2BD (most likely the last week of January).

Thanks

Another vote for the Outer Rim during the day, before it actually opens in the evening for drinks. There is noise from Contempo Cafe, but the primary sound is the regular hum of the monorail passing through. The chairs and couches are really comfy, too.

There are also tables and chairs out by the marina/dock area. Also a good spot
Enjoy!

We had a fantastic stay at BLT last October. So much so that we're planning another WDW vacation for January/February 2015!!!

I would like to add that BLT has ruined us for other locations, at least for while the kids are small. The fireworks, location, monorail, and theme can't be beat!!!

This trip looks like it could be 6, 8, or maybe 9 people. We stayed in 2BD MKV and were thinking of the same again (but renting points this time). Then I was looking at David's website and it's actually cheaper to rent 2 studios (if the 9th person doesn't come).

I'm curious about what might be easier to rent...2 studios or a SV 2BD (most likely the last week of January).

In general it's very hard to get any standard view rooms at BLT unless you book right at the 11 month window. It may be possible to get January, since that is a slow time, but I would doubt it.

I thought someone had posted that it had re-opened, but now I can't find the post. I originally thought it was re-opening when CA Grill re-opens in September, but I thought someone reported it being open now:scratchin

That would be great if it was open . . . hopefully someone there now or very recently can update us!

I agree that BLT 'spoils' you, but I wouldn't book a Studio, especially after staying in a two-bedroom. The Studios are actually smaller than a room next door at CR. I understand if you have to have the kitchen or you have to use points, but if you don't, I would book at CR before booking a Studio.

I can't answer your question about what's easier to rent (my guess would be Studio). But, I think that BLT and CR's location, with or without children is just perfect. I think you'll find it great for you and your kids for years to come.

That would be great if it was open . . . hopefully someone there now or very recently can update us!

When I stayed there in April part of the observation deck was open (the part with the chairs).
Danke! There is seating near the railing closest to Seven Seas Lagoon (background) and some near the entrance to CR and BLT (foreground). So everyone will know, which side was open? I'm going to post your information to the first page:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter