(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted a while back a picture of the April movie schedule that I believe the contempory had posted. Any May people checking in today? Just wondered if you could post the May Movies. We will be there Sunday.
Thank You

Oooh, yes! Thank you for asking this question. Hopefully someone can post the info. We leave in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pixiedust:

Does anyone know if you can purchase autograph books at the CR? We are driving in next Sunday, and probably won't arrive at the CR until 3pm, and we have an ADR at 1900 Park Fare at 6:05. I am thinking my kiddos will want some autographs at that dinner. THANKS! :goodvibes

Hi Everyone!! We will be returning to the Contemporary this summer:cool1::cool1:

I read there was some construction being done on the 14th floor. We have reservations on the Bay Lake side. Will the lower floors be affected by this?

We got back a little over a week ago. Had Bay Lake view on the 10th floor. No noise or disruption from the construction at all. Have a great trip!!

Oooh, yes! Thank you for asking this question. Hopefully someone can post the info. We leave in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pixiedust:
See the post above yours. The link to the calendar and activity sheet is always posted in Post #1.

Does anyone know if you can purchase autograph books at the CR? We are driving in next Sunday, and probably won't arrive at the CR until 3pm, and we have an ADR at 1900 Park Fare at 6:05. I am thinking my kiddos will want some autographs at that dinner. THANKS! :goodvibes
All of the resort shops sell them and there are three possible locations at CR: Bay View Gifts (BVG), Fantasia and possibly even Fantasia Market. They are usually prominently displayed by the cash registers. You should have no problem getting them at one or more of those shops. If you are eating at the GF, you can also get them there at Sandy Cove near the cash register. Have a great vacation!

We got back a little over a week ago. Had Bay Lake view on the 10th floor. No noise or disruption from the construction at all. Have a great trip!!
That is such a relief to read - thank you. I hadn't even thought about it being an issue until wdhinn89 asked about it. The demo work of CG is over now and the reconstruction is on-going so that must be less noisy. So you also didn't hear any roof rehab noise or noise from the Tower Club level during the day?

Would still love to hear from anyone who has stayed on the 12th floor recently - we need post-rehab lounge photos, too:hyper:

We just got back last weekend from our stay in BLT. We stayed on the 12th floor in 8226. Very nice room was quite clean and quiet. Everything about our stay worked out great for the entire week. My whole family is already talking about next year lol We have stayed in BLT twice now and loved it both times, but next year we are thinking of staying in the main contemporary tower, or trying out the Grand Floridian. Thanks again for the info in this thread it was helpful to our stay =) Ill still be checking this thread alot as we plan for 2014. :thumbsup2

See the post above yours. The link to the calendar and activity sheet is always posted in Post #1.

All of the resort shops sell them and there are three possible locations at CR: Bay View Gifts (BVG), Fantasia and possibly even Fantasia Market. They are usually prominently displayed by the cash registers. You should have no problem getting them at one or more of those shops. If you are eating at the GF, you can also get them there at Sandy Cove near the cash register. Have a great vacation!

That is such a relief to read - thank you. I hadn't even thought about it being an issue until wdhinn89 asked about it. The demo work of CG is over now and the reconstruction is on-going so that must be less noisy. So you also didn't hear any roof rehab noise or noise from the Tower Club level during the day?

Would still love to hear from anyone who has stayed on the 12th floor recently - we need post-rehab lounge photos, too:hyper:

Thank you so much!! :thumbsup2

For shipping a package to BLT, would I use the Contemporary shipping address? I checked the Shipping to Your Resort thread, and there's no separate address listed for BLT. Any advice would be appreciated!

I also got to finally try the Butterfinger cupcake from Starring Rolls this trip, and that I REALLY liked, but I still think I would give those bad boys an edge. I'm surprised the Contempo cafe cupcakes aren't more praised.

We tried the Butterfinger one too, but the Red Velvet, Birthday Cake, and Pineapple Upside down/Rum buttercream Cupcakes from CC totally beat out starring rolls AMAZING

For shipping a package to BLT, would I use the Contemporary shipping address? I checked the Shipping to Your Resort thread, and there's no separate address listed for BLT. Any advice would be appreciated!
Yes, that's correct.

I added this information to the first page:

BUSES FOR EARLY ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations)
Buses for the Magic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom Resort Area will start running at 6:30am DAILY.

Buses for Animal Kingdom/Animal Kingdom Lodge will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for the Disney's Hollywood Studios (covering the Epcot Resort Area) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

This information is valid EVERY DAY, and for ALL DISNEY RESORTS serviced by Bus transportation.

These buses are for Breakfasts only, and should not be used for general park access. Always let the driver know where you are going upon boarding the bus. Most times, the driver will be able to take you directly (ie: Contemporary, for Chef Mickey's) but sometimes this is not possible. As such, you should always allow time for a connection when going Resort to Resort. Actual arrival times will vary by location.
~AllEars

I must have fallen asleep after our January Trip to WDW. I just found this new thread. Awesome job, WDWKOOK:thumbsup2 Thanks for putting it all together.

Where is the self parking area for the BLT. I was looking at the resort map and the parking isn't marked. I didn't want to assume that the large lot in front of BLT was a self park lot. Thanks!

I must have fallen asleep after our January Trip to WDW. I just found this new thread. Awesome job, WDWKOOK:thumbsup2 Thanks for putting it all together.
Thanks much and welcome, Sleeping Beauty;)

Where is the self parking area for the BLT. I was looking at the resort map and the parking isn't marked. I didn't want to assume that the large lot in front of BLT was a self park lot. Thanks!
You're correct, the parking directly in front of BLT/tennis courts is the self-parking. The parking in front of CR is the valet area.

Im thinking of taking a 1adult, 2 kid trip in sept! Weve only done values in the past but for convience, thinking of splurging for Contemporary. My main reasoning for this is that on the monorail, you do not have to fold up your stroller, right? Even with help from the hubby, folding up the stroller for the bus was a huge pain! Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

That is such a relief to read - thank you. I hadn't even thought about it being an issue until wdhinn89 asked about it. The demo work of CG is over now and the reconstruction is on-going so that must be less noisy. So you also didn't hear any roof rehab noise or noise from the Tower Club level during the

No, we did not hear any construction noise at all. Just the awesome sound of the boat horns across Bay Lake :)

Im thinking of taking a 1adult, 2 kid trip in sept! Weve only done values in the past but for convience, thinking of splurging for Contemporary. My main reasoning for this is that on the monorail, you do not have to fold up your stroller, right? Even with help from the hubby, folding up the stroller for the bus was a huge pain! Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Nope! You don't have to fold up your stroller on the monorail! Really, really nice advantage to the monorail resorts!

And don't forget about being able to walk right to the MK - no folding there either:thumbsup2

No, we did not hear any construction noise at all. Just the awesome sound of the boat horns across Bay Lake :)
Thanks! LOVE the boat horns and train whistle:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter