• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finally were able to book a BLT standard view room for the first time based on availability thru DVC. I never realized how much of a high demand this resort had! What can we expect for a Standard View...is that considered pool view? Any pics would be so appreciated! TIA!

Check out this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082. Work2play has diagrams of BLT showing which units are studio, 1BR, and 2BR, and which units are standard, lake, and theme park view. Below those diagrams is a list of links to posts with pics taken from various units. We love BLT. Hope you do, too!

What are the benefits of the club level?
It sounds expensive!

Alright!
I'm just getting used to reading all of the pages and I finally read the entire first page and saw what the club level consists of.

I'll try to read all of the pages. I'm sure my questions will be answered.

I haven't been on the DISboards for a while. I have to get used to all of .the abbreviations again.

It's very interesting and informative :)

Thank you ��
I saw the Log-orail on the first page.
Fun to see who is staying at CR.

You're welcome :goodvibes. I agree.....it is fun seeing when everyone is going and if they're staying at the CR or BLT :).

What are the benefits of the club level?
It sounds expensive!

Staying CL gives you a few extra perks such as a lounge with food offerings throughout the day and IPO (Itinerary Planning Office) that can book ADRs and dinner shows for you and answer any questions you might have prior to or during your stay. The food offerings are nice as breakfast consists of continental breakfast type foods (muffins, cereals, etc) and is great for a quick breakfast before hitting the parks; afternoon offerings could be chips/dip, cookies, etc.; evening offerings will be 1 or 2 hot appetizers along with maybe cheese & crackers and a few other items; and the evening ends with desserts and cordials. CL rooms do cost quite a bit more than standard rooms, but it really is a nice perk if it's in your budget. We don't do CL every trip, but when we do, we like having the lounge for someplace else to go other than in our room or other places around the resort. HTH :goodvibes.

Sorry you are having issues :( Does your room having a working refrigerator?

Yes it does but the safe froze and I needed to have someone come up to open it. We stayed at POR on October and believe it or not we received better service there! I guess you don't always get what you pay for!

Sorry you are having issues :( Does your room having a working refrigerator?

Yes it does but the safe froze and I needed to have someone come up to open it. We stayed at POR on October and believe it or not we received better service there! I guess you don't always get what you pay for!

Can't multi-quote now, sorry:flower3:, but the Korea post just caught my eye as we spent two years there as well:hug:

In a rush - heading out - hold down the fort for me!

:car:
WL here we come!​

LOL...then you know all about it! :rolleyes1 Enjoy your vacation! :sunny:

I knew I shouldn't have gotten on the Log-o-rail yet. I have been asking questions here since April, but never made the leap.

And now poor KOOK is going to have to change it. Because thanks to this RO discount announced today, I'm no longer GW-GV.

I'm Tower BLV!!!

AND I saved 50 bucks with the change. :cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana:

Who do I have to thank for this wonderment? Babyberger!!! This story had such an impact on me. So, once the BLV came into my price point, I HAD to book it. Even though I would have saved $1000 on WL, I went with the smaller savings for my dream coming true. I justified it with the fact that WL is always a little bit cheaper than the CR, but BLV rooms are not always at a similar price point as non-discounted GW room.

But that stood out because in the tower, there is not enclosed hallways, it is a row of rooms on one side and then the openness of the tower on the other and just so bright and inviting. My kids loved looking over the railing to see what was going on in the concourse. I know this is a small thing, but it was something that helped to add to the uniqueness of the tower. When we stayed BLV CL, the kids would literally sit out in front of the door and just watch the monorail come through.

Thank you Babyberger!!

That is awesome news!!! Glad someone could take advantage of the discounts today....I was looking and it didn't include contemporary in the write up but it shows up when searching the discounts....I am busy scoping discounts for next year and hope to do the same as you!!!

I knew I shouldn't have gotten on the Log-o-rail yet. I have been asking questions here since April, but never made the leap.

And now poor KOOK is going to have to change it. Because thanks to this RO discount announced today, I'm no longer GW-GV.

I'm Tower BLV!!!

AND I saved 50 bucks with the change. :cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana:

Who do I have to thank for this wonderment? Babyberger!!! This story had such an impact on me. So, once the BLV came into my price point, I HAD to book it. Even though I would have saved $1000 on WL, I went with the smaller savings for my dream coming true. I justified it with the fact that WL is always a little bit cheaper than the CR, but BLV rooms are not always at a similar price point as non-discounted GW room.

Thank you Babyberger!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :dance3: I am so happy I could help :goodvibes That is truly what these boards are all about. And I totally agree, you have to take CR at a decent discount when you can get it!!

That is awesome news!!! Glad someone could take advantage of the discounts today....I was looking and it didn't include contemporary in the write up but it shows up when searching the discounts....I am busy scoping discounts for next year and hope to do the same as you!!!

I have found the write ups do not always have all the info, it is always best to call ::yes:: And even to call several times if you cant get what you want the first time :rolleyes1 Availability opens up all the time!

At the airport! Should land in Orlando at 1, hopefully be to CR by 2:00-2:30!!!'

Welcome to Florida :cheer2: Have a fabulous trip!!!

I am so excited as I just got off the phone and booked CR TPV CL for 2 nights before our cruise :yay: :dance3: :yay:. The discount turned out to be 20% vs the 5% I thought it was going to be from posts I had seen on one of the RO discount threads......so it's a very good morning for me :wizard:.

KOOK, if you see this after you get back from your trip, could you please add us to the log-orail for 12/17-12/19 :goodvibes.

I am so excited as I just got off the phone and booked CR TPV CL for 2 nights before our cruise :yay: :dance3: :yay:. The discount turned out to be 20% vs the 5% I thought it was going to be from posts I had seen on one of the RO discount threads......so it's a very good morning for me :wizard:.

KOOK, if you see this after you get back from your trip, could you please add us to the log-orail for 12/17-12/19 :goodvibes.

WOOHOO :dance3: I am so glad you were able to get the 20%! It is still a hefty price tag, but soooo worth it! :banana:

YEAH!!! :banana::banana:

Please report back on the status of fridges!!!

We made it to the CR, room does have a fridge. CR is not affected by the fridge fiasco. BTW, DW still thought we were at POR until we got to ME. The surprise worked!! Wish I would've got a picture of her face!

We were booked at CR in the GW for Oct 30-Nov. 4 with just DH, DD3 and myself but had to cancel because DD21 and her boyfriend wanted to come. We rebooked same dates at AoA in a Nemo suite since we are paying for them. When FD dropped DH asked if we could move back to CR. We are now all booked in the tower with a BLV. I have always wanted to stay here. We are paying $500 more than AoA but know it will be worth it.

Any suggestions on room request since DD3 is a light sleeper?

Also does anyone know if they are still going to be testing MagicBands at that time?

We made it to the CR, room does have a fridge. CR is not affected by the fridge fiasco. BTW, DW still thought we were at POR until we got to ME. The surprise worked!! Wish I would've got a picture of her face!

I am glad you were able to pull off the surprise! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter