• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go in order:

A Standard CL room may have either a garden/pool/Epcot view or a Crescent Lake View.

I asked about the King CL rooms when I visited this summer and was told that there are "very few." I would put first whichever request is more important to you - king or view.

So you arrive in two weeks and you haven't yet been contacted by the Itinerary Planning Office (IPO)? They can be contacted anytime after booking via email or phone. They are actually located at the YC/BC and they should have emailed welcoming you and asking if there were any reservations/ADRs, etc... they could make for you. They are your pre-arrival POC. After arrival, the actual CL staff at the Innkeeper's Club will assist you. Any room location requests you make will be seen by the Room Assignor, whether called-in, via Online Check-in or by way of the IPO.

Thank you, WDW! I appreciate the help. Kind of puts you in a quandary, since there are no guarantees with either view or bed choice. If you opt for a certain view, there is still no guarantee with bed choices. And if you opt for a bed choice, there is still no guarantee about view. Interesting choice!

And yes, we have definitely heard from IPO. I didn't know that was the acronym, sorry! They have been a great help with Food and Wine events, as well as normal dinners. Amazing help, actually. We put in a request weeks ago, but the time was not available, so they put us on a "Wish List". I had pretty much written it off, then an email appeared with an updated reservation list. Very, very helpful.

As are you! Thanks again.

We stayed 8 days/9 nights at BW. We had a courtyard view room.
Our room was very quiet, in courtyard by quiet pool overlooked fountain.
The quiet pool was a treasure, never crowded, always quiet. We saw one boy one day otherwise no kids around. The feature pool was not too crowded and had less kids than the value and moderate resorts.
The rooms are nice and the AC worked well. The shower was good, plenty of hot water.
Some of the rooms are quite far out. I didn't like the flow of the hotel. To get to boardwalk, we had to wind our way down the halls or walk down a flight to courtyard, walk up a flight to lobby then walk down another flight to boardwalk. There is no way to get to boardwalk from rooms besides going to lobby. There is no foot court, only QS meals were at the bakery and they only had sandwiches. There is no indoor seating at the bakery and with the rain we had this was a problem. There is a place to get coffee and pastries in AM by lobby in the bar. I could fill my coffee mug there everyday instead of hiking to the bakery.
The transportation via boat was great, quick and easy. The bus transportation was OK, sometimes crowded.
All told, I didn't much care for the Boardwalk. It was quiet but spread way out. I like WL better. I didn't hate it but wasn't impressed.

We were planning on heading to Boardwalk Bakery to grab dinner after Fantasmic! on 10/20, so we wouldn't get there until around 8:30 p.m. or so. What is the selection like later in the evening? Will we still be able to get the sandwiches/desserts we want, or will everything be fairly picked over? Thanks!

I think whatever "loose ends" they're tying up won't negatively impact your stay. If there is an unforeseen issue, don't hesitate to speak with a Guest Services Manager after checking-in. Will you be posting a TR?

The only publicly announced/permitted work was a soft goods rehab of the rooms, but this was to have ended early last month. It seems some painting, etc… might still be going in the Garden Cottages and in some common areas like hallways. We're not sure if this is just some routine maintenance or an extension of the recent room rehab.

If all they were doing was a soft goods rehab, it was the noisiest soft goods rehab I've ever experienced. Every morning around 9:30, the noise would start, to the point you couldn't hear the TV if you had it on. They were nice enough to wait until 9:30 when most people would be out of the rooms, and it ended about 4pm - and it was intermittent through the day. But it was loud. I was on the 4th floor, the first room down the hall to the right from the elevators, so I was fairly close to where they were working. It looked to me like there was a lot of new tiling work done in my room and a new vanity in the room as well, which could account for some of the noise. It's been about a month since I was there, so if they still have that end of the 4th floor blocked off, it has to be more than just soft goods.

The Hess Gas Station near the BoardWalk will close for refurb 10/13/14 and reopen after a couple of weeks. The two other Hess stations, near the Magic Kingdom exit and near Downtown Disney Marketplace, will remain open.
~The DIS

This week I noticed the link I had in the thread to the HESS across from BWI was no longer active. When I tried to fix it, I found that HESS has been sold to MARATHON back in May so maybe the closure has something to do with the re-branding:confused3

Hi All: I am new to this and have never stayed at BWI. I have read a lot of about but am still puzzled where to go to use our rapid refill mugs?

Also, for any BWI veterans out there... any good tips for us? Our first family trip there is just a little more than 2 weeks!! :woohoo:

Thank you
Welcome to the thread! Mug refill locations are located in the DINING chapter of the thread and POST 1 has hyperlinks to all the chapters of the thread. I hope you have a great vacation:)

DRINK REFILLS are available at BoardWalk Bakery, BoardWalk Joe's, The BoardWalk Pizza Window, Seashore Sweets and Leaping Horse Libations. Coffee refills are available at Belle Vue Lounge.

Thank you, WDW! I appreciate the help. Kind of puts you in a quandary, since there are no guarantees with either view or bed choice. If you opt for a certain view, there is still no guarantee with bed choices. And if you opt for a bed choice, there is still no guarantee about view. Interesting choice!

And yes, we have definitely heard from IPO. I didn't know that was the acronym, sorry! They have been a great help with Food and Wine events, as well as normal dinners. Amazing help, actually. We put in a request weeks ago, but the time was not available, so they put us on a "Wish List". I had pretty much written it off, then an email appeared with an updated reservation list. Very, very helpful.

As are you! Thanks again.
You're welcome and just add both requests, listing your most important first. Glad you've had a good experience with the IPO and I hope your vacation is magical.

We stayed 8 days/9 nights at BW. We had a courtyard view room.

Our room was very quiet, in courtyard by quiet pool overlooked fountain.
The quiet pool was a treasure, never crowded, always quiet. We saw one boy one day otherwise no kids around. The feature pool was not too crowded and had less kids than the value and moderate resorts.

The rooms are nice and the AC worked well. The shower was good, plenty of hot water.

Some of the rooms are quite far out. I didn't like the flow of the hotel. To get to boardwalk, we had to wind our way down the halls or walk down a flight to courtyard, walk up a flight to lobby then walk down another flight to boardwalk. There is no way to get to boardwalk from rooms besides going to lobby.

There is no foot court, only QS meals were at the bakery and they only had sandwiches. There is no indoor seating at the bakery and with the rain we had this was a problem. There is a place to get coffee and pastries in AM by lobby in the bar. I could fill my coffee mug there everyday instead of hiking to the bakery.

The transportation via boat was great, quick and easy. The bus transportation was OK, sometimes crowded.

All told, I didn't much care for the Boardwalk. It was quiet but spread way out. I like WL better. I didn't hate it but wasn't impressed.
Thank you for posting your honest review. I feel a lot like you about BWI Vs. WL, but it is so nice being able to walk right into Epcot and DHS. Epcot has so many wonderful food options.

We had a similar issue with the BWB in June. It was very hot, close to 100 and we wanted to enjoy an afternoon dessert. We had been doing quite a bit of walking and we were hoping to be able to enjoy a dessert indoors. We were surprised that the post-rehab BWB didn't have any indoor seating. It does get extra hot on the BW without any shade so we skipped the dessert.

Do you mean that you had a Standard View room with a view of the gardens? Only WL has the CV rooms.

It is in my signature. I forget that with the app, those signatures don't show.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002994

The mods have smiled good fortune on me, and I have been able to add a few reports in the same thread. There is an index in the first post.
Mod smiling and good fortune is rare these days so this says a lot about your TRs. I can see your signature, but since there wasn't a date, I assumed it was an older TR. Thanks for the link - love all the witty commentary and candid shots.

We were planning on heading to Boardwalk Bakery to grab dinner after Fantasmic! on 10/20, so we wouldn't get there until around 8:30 p.m. or so. What is the selection like later in the evening? Will we still be able to get the sandwiches/desserts we want, or will everything be fairly picked over? Thanks!
I've never eaten there late night so hopefully someone else will know:listen:

If all they were doing was a soft goods rehab, it was the noisiest soft goods rehab I've ever experienced. Every morning around 9:30, the noise would start, to the point you couldn't hear the TV if you had it on. They were nice enough to wait until 9:30 when most people would be out of the rooms, and it ended about 4pm - and it was intermittent through the day. But it was loud. I was on the 4th floor, the first room down the hall to the right from the elevators, so I was fairly close to where they were working. It looked to me like there was a lot of new tiling work done in my room and a new vanity in the room as well, which could account for some of the noise. It's been about a month since I was there, so if they still have that end of the 4th floor blocked off, it has to be more than just soft goods.
Well, you're right, it was more like a semi-soft rehab:laughing:. All of the bathtubs were replaced, which might account for the noise? The 4th floor though is where the CL lounge is located which also was rehabbed. Maybe more noise was generated from there or the suites that are up there:confused3. Did they leave a letter warning you about all the noise?

Has anyone been to the dance hall? If so what was it like, age group, type of music? Would you recommend? Thanks!

Always love your photos, psac. Those would look nice in the upcoming thread re-post.

Has anyone been to the dance hall? If so what was it like, age group, type of music? Would you recommend? Thanks!
I haven't been, but if you Google "Disney's Atlantic Dance Hall reviews" many sites come up that might help you.

I haven't been, but if you Google "Disney's Atlantic Dance Hall reviews" many sites come up that might help you.

Thanks I will check that out, however if anyone here has been there would love to hear from you..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

Well, you're right, it was more like a semi-soft rehab:laughing:. All of the bathtubs were replaced, which might account for the noise? The 4th floor though is where the CL lounge is located which also was rehabbed. Maybe more noise was generated from there or the suites that are up there:confused3. Did they leave a letter warning you about all the noise?

No, the only notice in the room was regarding the intermittent fire alarm tests they did a couple days (THAT was a fun experience!). But when I saw the setup, and saw the differences in the room I was in, I kind of expected some noise. The worst noise I ever experienced during a Disney resort refurbishment was at VWL a few years back. It sounded like they were using a jackhammer all day for several days in the villa above mine. The whole villa vibrated too, to the point it almost felt like an earthquake.

Still, I hope the work is done at BWI when I go back in December . . . . .

I plan on buying a pack of bottled water online to be shipped to BWV. I won't be checking in until around 11pm. Does anyone know if Bell Services or the reception desk will have my package available then, or will I have to wait for the Convention Center to be open the next day?

Thanks!

I plan on buying a pack of bottled water online to be shipped to BWV. I won't be checking in until around 11pm. Does anyone know if Bell Services or the reception desk will have my package available then, or will I have to wait for the Convention Center to be open the next day?

Thanks!

We just checked in a week ago, late night, and we had to go to the convention center when it opened to get our box. And we flew in late Friday, the convention center office is only open from 8-10 Saturday am, and not at all on Sunday.

We just checked in a week ago, late night, and we had to go to the convention center when it opened to get our box. And we flew in late Friday, the convention center office is only open from 8-10 Saturday am, and not at all on Sunday.

Thanks for the info!

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if someone can give me a link for the rack rates for next August? That is when I plan on going. Hopefully we will be staying at BWI.

Now that Kouzzina is closed does anyone know if the appetizers in the BWI CL lounge from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM have changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter