(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from a vacation at the WL. Loved it! Even with all the pool crap ;) Due to family obligations it looks like we'll be WDW free in 2015:sad: So our next trip is looking like Marathon Week 2016, along with some friends my sweetie and I are looking to run at least the 5K but we may upgrade to the 10K.............we've got time to make that decision as training BEGINS this week!

We're looking into renting DVC points for a Studio at the Boardwalk Villas. The choice is primarily being made due to the proximity to Epcot where our race will be run and financial savings. My sweeties 60th is that same year and we're planning a Disney Cruise in December 2016 too....... Im looking for feedback on the Studio (for 2) and renting DVC points..........pro............con. Impact on getting park tickets, FP+, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Doug :goofy:

Banner updated!!!:goodvibes

We just got back from a vacation at the WL. Loved it! Even with all the pool crap ;) Due to family obligations it looks like we'll be WDW free in 2015:sad: So our next trip is looking like Marathon Week 2016, along with some friends my sweetie and I are looking to run at least the 5K but we may upgrade to the 10K.............we've got time to make that decision as training BEGINS this week!

We're looking into renting DVC points for a Studio at the Boardwalk Villas. The choice is primarily being made due to the proximity to Epcot where our race will be run and financial savings. My sweeties 60th is that same year and we're planning a Disney Cruise in December 2016 too....... Im looking for feedback on the Studio (for 2) and renting DVC points..........pro............con. Impact on getting park tickets, FP+, etc.

The biggest differences will be that with renting points, you can't cancel like you can with a cash booking. Additionally you won't get mousekeeping service every day, only a trash and towel service on day four if you stay 7 days or less, or a full cleaning on day four if you stay 8 days or more. The size would be fine for two, and the kitchenette can be useful. And you'll save money over a cash booking, especially if it's a time with no discounts. Tickets and FP+ will be exactly the same, no change at all. You would buy tickets only online, and link the tickets to the room reservation number you got from the owner in My Disney Experience and everything would be set. Welcome aboard!

Maybe silly question....

We are renting points to stay at BWV in May. I totally undertstand the Mousekeeping schedule etc.
BUT I'm wondering if it's possible to request extra pillows and a blanket??
I have a medical condition that requires me to sleep with my head raised and my hubby likes the room colder than I do....so trying to figure out if I need to bring stuff with me (prob flying Southwest so we will have the extra room if needed).

Thanks so much for your help !

We loved are stay there but the bus system needs to so change. Thats the only draw back on staying there again.

The biggest differences will be that with renting points, you can't cancel like you can with a cash booking. Additionally you won't get mousekeeping service every day, only a trash and towel service on day four if you stay 7 days or less, or a full cleaning on day four if you stay 8 days or more. The size would be fine for two, and the kitchenette can be useful. And you'll save money over a cash booking, especially if it's a time with no discounts. Tickets and FP+ will be exactly the same, no change at all. You would buy tickets only online, and link the tickets to the room reservation number you got from the owner in My Disney Experience and everything would be set. Welcome aboard!

Thank you so much for the information! Looking forward to our next adventure, which should truly be an adventure. The plan, at this moment, is Epcot later in the day (after race) and DAW :scared1: with our friends. Looking at 1 day at Universal for Harry. May try to fit in a MK day........uncertain at this time.

I'll be around :goodvibes

I stayed there on points (a DVC member friend let me buy hers at cost) in May and we were able to get a free twin air mattress bed and bedding by simply asking at check in. (Only 3 of us in the studio).

I would expect you to be able to get extra pillows and blankets by asking for them. However, I would first check the closet in the room - since any DVC room is rated to handle at least 4 people, there should be bedding for the sofabed in the room somewhere. I know I've found an extra blanket in the closet; I wouldn't have been looking for pillows so can't speak to that with any authority.

we have found the extra bedding for the sleep sofa is hit or miss - - but housekeeping is wonderful about bringing extra...and they have never charged us either :thumbsup2

Thank you all for answering my question!
I will absolutely check the closet for any extra bedding and then call housekeeping if needed. :thumbsup2

So excited we will be arriving at BWI October 29. I did the online check-in but also want to call in my room request. Do I call the hotel directly or do you call the general number for Disney?? We have just a standard view room so I want to make the most of it. So excited counting down the days to our 1st MNSSHP!! Thanks for all the helpful info on these boards.

Has anyone shipped a box to BWV lately? We arrive late Friday, more like early Saturday, and I assume we won't be able to get the box we had sent down until Saturday during the day?

I just got back from my stay at BWI.. I was in room 3282, which was a standard view room. I wanted a water view, but none were available. Boy am I glad that I didn't get a waterview, because I was able to watch Illuminations from my room on three nights! I could even hear some of the music! Here's my view:
Thank you for posting your photos and experience with the SV. A lot of people don't realize that the BWI Standard View isn't so standard - glad you discovered that:thumbsup2

Let me know when you're booked, Doug and I can add you to the BoardWalk Bulletin;)

We loved are stay there but the bus system needs to so change. Thats the only draw back on staying there again.
Thanks for posting about your stay.

So excited we will be arriving at BWI October 29. I did the online check-in but also want to call in my room request. Do I call the hotel directly or do you call the general number for Disney?? We have just a standard view room so I want to make the most of it. So excited counting down the days to our 1st MNSSHP!! Thanks for all the helpful info on these boards.
Just call the WDTC/CRO and have your specific request added to your reservation. You can still do Online Check-In, but you can skip the room location/amenity section if the choices aren't what you had in mind.

Has anyone shipped a box to BWV lately? We arrive late Friday, more like early Saturday, and I assume we won't be able to get the box we had sent down until Saturday during the day?
Hopefully, someone with BWI shipping experience will know about what time you can pick-up BWI package deliveries.

Sorry if these questions have been asked before; I've been skimming the thread and can't find answers. We arrive 10/11 for 5 nights in a BWV studio to celebrate my DD's 21st birthday :bday:. We've never stayed at the Boardwalk before, but it's always been one of my dream resorts, so I am pretty excited! :woohoo: Anyhow, I have some questions I hope someone can answer:

What size is the fridge in the studio? I know it's not full-sized, but is it just a cube, or is it maybe 3' tall?

How big is the coffeemaker? Should I bring regular (10-12 cup) basket filters, smaller filters, cone filters, etc.?

Housekeeping: I know that we will get housekeeping on day 4, but if I check in on Saturday, is day 4 Tuesday (as in Sat-Sun-Mon-Tues), or is it Wednesday (after the 4th night)? If it's on Wednesday, is there any way they'd do it a day earlier? We will be checking out on Thursday morning; seems silly to do the housekeeping on Wednesday when we'll be leaving within 24 hours.

What's in the kitchenette? Coffee mugs, plates, bowls, silverware… "real" or plastic/paper? If they are disposable, can we get more, or should I buy some? We'll be eating breakfast in the room, so we'll need basic supplies. Oh… and are there wine glasses available, and a corkscrew? (no not for breakfast :faint: )

In general… are pool towels available at the pool, or do we bring down our room towel?

That's all I can think of for now. If you have any other info, please post. We can't WAIT to get to the BWV!!

leebee said:
Sorry if these questions have been asked before; I've been skimming the thread and can't find answers. We arrive 10/11 for 5 nights in a BWV studio to celebrate my DD's 21st birthday :bday:. We've never stayed at the Boardwalk before, but it's always been one of my dream resorts, so I am pretty excited! :woohoo: Anyhow, I have some questions I hope someone can answer:

What size is the fridge in the studio? I know it's not full-sized, but is it just a cube, or is it maybe 3' tall?

How big is the coffeemaker? Should I bring regular (10-12 cup) basket filters, smaller filters, cone filters, etc.?

Housekeeping: I know that we will get housekeeping on day 4, but if I check in on Saturday, is day 4 Tuesday (as in Sat-Sun-Mon-Tues), or is it Wednesday (after the 4th night)? If it's on Wednesday, is there any way they'd do it a day earlier? We will be checking out on Thursday morning; seems silly to do the housekeeping on Wednesday when we'll be leaving within 24 hours.

What's in the kitchenette? Coffee mugs, plates, bowls, silverware… "real" or plastic/paper? If they are disposable, can we get more, or should I buy some? We'll be eating breakfast in the room, so we'll need basic supplies. Oh… and are there wine glasses available, and a corkscrew? (no not for breakfast :faint: )

In general… are pool towels available at the pool, or do we bring down our room towel?

That's all I can think of for now. If you have any other info, please post. We can't WAIT to get to the BWV!!

Hi! from my experience staying in the studios...

The fridge is a bit bigger than a cube but still pretty small. I'd say 2.5 feet?

Coffee Maker is a normal 10-12 cup size. Bring normal flat bottom filters

Mouse keeping will come Tuesday

Kitchenette in studios will have real coffee mugs and real glasses. A couple,paper plates, bowls, and plastic silver wear. I'd buy some and bring them with you. There aren't any wine glasses as far as I can remember but there usually is a corkscrew

Not sure on the towels...

:)

Only 2 more weeks to wait until Jim and I are back at the BWI!!!! Getting very excited to be back. Not sure how much we will go into the parks, just want to relax and enjoy the resort as it has been a tough summer for us.

Maybe silly question....

We are renting points to stay at BWV in May. I totally undertstand the Mousekeeping schedule etc.
BUT I'm wondering if it's possible to request extra pillows and a blanket??
I have a medical condition that requires me to sleep with my head raised and my hubby likes the room colder than I do....so trying to figure out if I need to bring stuff with me (prob flying Southwest so we will have the extra room if needed).

Thanks so much for your help !

If you don't use the pillows from the sleeper sofa, you should be able to request more from housekeeping.

I stayed there on points (a DVC member friend let me buy hers at cost) in May and we were able to get a free twin air mattress bed and bedding by simply asking at check in. (Only 3 of us in the studio).

That was highly unusual. DVC usually doesn't provide cots or rollaways (or air beds).

There are towels at the pool. You don't need to bring any from your room.

I thought we had real wine glasses in the studio. if not, just ask housekeeping. You'll need to request a corkscrew.

Coffeemakers are Mr Coffee style, flat basket filter. You might get a smaller one, but, again, you can ask for the 10-12 cup coffee maker from Housekeeping.

Your refrigerator is an undercounter style, not cube size. It may have a freezer section, but some members have reported having one without a freezer.

Check in day is day one.

BWI has gotten so expensive... I remember the days when it was $350 at the highest...long gone are those days...

BWI has gotten so expensive... I remember the days when it was $350 at the highest...long gone are those days...

You could probably get it "down" to $350 or less if you hit a good sale, but that's still a lot of money. The ONLY way we could justify/afford staying here is by renting a studio villa from a DVC member. I know it's not 100% the same as staying at the Inn, but it's close enough for us Value folks!

Thanks to all for answering my questions about amenities in the studio villa. I am PSYCHED to be staying at the Boardwalk and so VERY glad we finally could do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter