(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying in a one bedroom at BWV in September. What floor, if any, is best to request? We generally just prefer not to be on a lower floor. Are there certain rooms from which we will be able to see Illuminations? Thanks !

We are staying in a one bedroom at BWV in September. What floor, if any, is best to request? We generally just prefer not to be on a lower floor. Are there certain rooms from which we will be able to see Illuminations? Thanks !

We've only stayed in standard view 1-bedroom villas. I always request top floor across from the bus stop. We have gotten third floor (same room actually, coincidence probably) so far for two trips, and I requested the same location for next month's trip. We could see the higher fireworks from Epcot every night, and we were close to the staircase that leads out the building so easy access to the bus stop! It is far from the elevators but we take the stairs most of the time and walking down long hallways doesn't bother us anyway. I know some people don't like the distance from the elevators, so that's why I'm mentioning it.

Seeing some fireworks every night from your balcony is amazing! I'm hoping to be in the same location again (perhaps the same villa...then I'll be convinced it's done on purpose, lol). :)

we are anxiously awaiting the release of March/April 2015 prices and EMH! I believe they should be out in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone happen to know when Disney usually releases this kind of info?
We cant wait to book and continue on with our planning! :banana:

Hi Weeniecat!!! I will also be looking to visit WDS in March/April 2015. Perhaps we can meet up in person? :rotfl2:

just so excited to say that my husband and i will be staying at the boardwalk inn september 7-14th! we're going for our one year [wedding] anniversary! we spent our honeymoon at the wilderness lodge and then came back in march and stayed at riverside!

we normally stay at riverside and had planned to return there for this trip but in march we stopped at boardwalk for the first time (it sounds crazy to me that we had never been there in all our trips) and fell in love with the area. so glad i spotted that margarita stand and HAD to have one! :rotfl: we walked around the hotel and even peeked into the DVC model rooms just to see what the accommodations were like inside the rooms.

i'll be searching through the thread some to see for great things to do at the hotel but feel free to give me any ideas you may have! ...you know those special secret things! pixiedust:

just so excited to say that my husband and i will be staying at the boardwalk inn september 7-14th! we're going for our one year [wedding] anniversary! we spent our honeymoon at the wilderness lodge and then came back in march and stayed at riverside! we normally stay at riverside and had planned to return there for this trip but in march we stopped at boardwalk for the first time (it sounds crazy to me that we had never been there in all our trips) and fell in love with the area. so glad i spotted that margarita stand and HAD to have one! :rotfl: we walked around the hotel and even peeked into the DVC model rooms just to see what the accommodations were like inside the rooms. i'll be searching through the thread some to see for great things to do at the hotel but feel free to give me any ideas you may have! ...you know those special secret things! pixiedust:

The boardwalk is amazing. Rent a surrey bike, it's fun, even though a lot of work riding it. You will probably laugh the whole time like we did! Do this in the morning so it's not too hot out and you'll be good to go. Enjoy the evening on the boardwalk. Entertainers are really great, and the overall atmosphere is so nice. You could watch some of the fireworks from Epcot on the boardwalk too. We like to grab a nice cream cone from Seashore Sweets or a treat from the Boardwalk bakery and enjoy the evening entertainment.

We love the pool too. The bar makes very good frozen drinks, perfect relaxation for a hot afternoon and a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the parks, making it feel more like a relaxing vacation. There are also a couple of quiet pools at the resort, but we don't use those (no lifeguards, plus our boys like the water slide).

The boardwalk is also very beautiful and peaceful early in the morning. It's nice to grab a pastry at the bakery and just sit outside, before it gets crowded.

I also enjoy just looking in the shops at WDW, so I stop into the Screen Door store quite a few times on our trips, even though I don't always buy something. It's just fun to looks round in there and it's very big inside. I check out every square inch of that store and in particular I like to look at the items I would buy to decorate my house if I had lots of money, haha! ;)

We are staying in a studio at the BWV for the first time in August. Can you tell me what type of coffee maker is included in the room? I'm trying to figure out what I would need to bring in order to use it? I am guessing they give you enough for two cups at least? Thanks!

We just left BWI and the Inn has Cuisanart coffee pod coffee maker. We used our mugs and got coffee at the Belle Vue lounge and the bakery instead.

The Inn and Villa sides actually have different coffee makers. The Inn side has those Cuisinart pods as Lisa71 said, but the Villa side has 12-cup basket filter (NOT cone) drip coffee makers. They gave us two premade coffee packs (that you just drop into the top and it makes a whole pot), but I don't remember if they were both regular or one regular and one decaf.

Enjoy!

just so excited to say that my husband and i will be staying at the boardwalk inn september 7-14th! we're going for our one year [wedding] anniversary! we spent our honeymoon at the wilderness lodge and then came back in march and stayed at riverside!

we normally stay at riverside and had planned to return there for this trip but in march we stopped at boardwalk for the first time (it sounds crazy to me that we had never been there in all our trips) and fell in love with the area. so glad i spotted that margarita stand and HAD to have one! :rotfl: we walked around the hotel and even peeked into the DVC model rooms just to see what the accommodations were like inside the rooms.

i'll be searching through the thread some to see for great things to do at the hotel but feel free to give me any ideas you may have! ...you know those special secret things! pixiedust:

I would suggest reading this two-part article before you go for some of the history behind the items you see there, like the really creepy chairs in the lobby! :lmao:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10250/Treasures_of_Disneys_Boardwalk_Inn_and_Villas__Part_One

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10251/Treasures_of_Disneys_Boardwalk_Inn_and_Villas_Part_Two

I would suggest reading this two-part article before you go for some of the history behind the items you see there, like the really creepy chairs in the lobby! :lmao:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10250/Treasures_of_Disneys_Boardwalk_Inn_and_Villas__Part_One

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10251/Treasures_of_Disneys_Boardwalk_Inn_and_Villas_Part_Two

Thanks for those links psac. Even though we've stayed at BWI and BWV about 6 times now, I wasn't aware of all of those stories. It was fun to read.

We got our Magic Bands yesterday for our upcoming trip. Less than 4 weeks now!

depends - did you book through disney or are renting DVC points?
if DVC, what view do you have booked?

just so excited to say that my husband and i will be staying at the boardwalk inn september 7-14th! we're going for our one year [wedding] anniversary! ....

in addition to what bangzoom & psac said....
- make sure to see the mini-carousel in motion (in the foyer), as well as all the amazing details in the lobby
- sit on the balcony at the back of the balcony while reading a book/paper (there is a quiet nook beneath the balcony - very relaxing & cool with breezes blowing thru)
- eat outside at BRG, have a beer flight
- make sure to walk to EPCOT and DHS if possible. both are wonderful, leisurely strolls in beautiful surroundings
- enjoy my favorite pool on property: the BWI pool :cloud9: it's so serene and lush, you might find it difficult to believe you're within the same state as a theme park
- enjoy the nighttime entertainment, have an ice cream, watch thru the big windows as bakers do their *magic* (make sure to note the bakery vent, sending out whiffs of apple pie)
- hang out, meet people in the belle vue lounge

make sure you explore - the BWI/BWV has an amazing array of nooks & crannies, little surprises, and options......
enjoy :)

I just checked the park schedules for our trip, and noticed that the day we plan to see wishes is a day that Epcot has EMH in the evening. Would it be crazy to take the monorail to epcot and walk back to the BW after the fireworks instead of taking the bus from MK? We'll have a stroller for DD, so I'm thinking it'll be easier, especially if she is asleep. Thoughts?

we just decided to take a last minute trip - our 5 year old, myself and my mom. we are dvc members and I wanted to book with points. I was able to get a one bedroom villa at boardwalk - pool or garden view. we've never stayed there before but are looking forward to trying something new.

What should we know? thanks! :)

Thank you for the links. We will be staying at BWI for the first time in August and now I know some of the history behind the resort and the attention to detail that went into making it.

I wondered why the clown was at the end of the slide. Now, I know. :thanks:

I've just realised that I haven't posted my dates here!

DH and I will be spending two nights at BWI August 17/18. This will be our first stay, and we have chosen it as we got married at Sea Breeze Point on August 17th 2009, when we fell in love with the resort.

The rest of our stay is at OKW (August 14th to 28th) with some of our extended family.

DH has a big surprise booked for the afternoon of the 17th and has told me he will 'handle' check in lol! All I know is that in the evening we are doing the Wishes cruise, the same as we did on our wedding night, and everyone is joining us for this. :D

I just checked the park schedules for our trip, and noticed that the day we plan to see wishes is a day that Epcot has EMH in the evening. Would it be crazy to take the monorail to epcot and walk back to the BW after the fireworks instead of taking the bus from MK? We'll have a stroller for DD, so I'm thinking it'll be easier, especially if she is asleep. Thoughts?

That is a great plan!

That is a great plan!

I agree. You'll need to have Park Hoppers. We use the monorail instead of the MK bus quite often.

We are a party of 4 ladies returning to BWI in March 2015. We are ready to book a Deluxe CL room for our stay, but are wondering what you all would recommend as the best rooms to request and why....any input would be greatly appreciated! pixiedust:

We are a party of 4 ladies returning to BWI in March 2015. We are ready to book a Deluxe CL room for our stay, but are wondering what you all would recommend as the best rooms to request and why....any input would be greatly appreciated! pixiedust:

I've stayed in the deluxe CL rooms twice. I think it's a great choice for 4 ladies. It has 2 double beds in the main area and a pull out in the sofa in the sitting area. The rooms aren't completely separate but there is a small dividing wall. It also has two tv's and the balcony is off the sitting room area. The first time I stayed in the deluxe room we also had a rollaway bed because I was staying with my sister and her 2 boys and each of us wanted our own bed. It was a little tight but definitely doable.

I agree. You'll need to have Park Hoppers. We use the monorail instead of the MK bus quite often.

We'll have park hoppers, so I'm glad to hear other people do this. I like to avoid buses as much as possible, (one of the reasons we love the BW,) especially now that we have DD and will have to juggle an extra bag and stroller.

Just curious, does anyone know how long of a walk it is from the front of Epcot back to the BW?

We'll have park hoppers, so I'm glad to hear other people do this. I like to avoid buses as much as possible, (one of the reasons we love the BW,) especially now that we have DD and will have to juggle an extra bag and stroller. Just curious, does anyone know how long of a walk it is from the front of Epcot back to the BW?

I would guess about 10 min or so from IG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter